Game of Thrones - Season 6 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Game of Thrones - Season 6

I think Arya plays for the other team. If you know what I mean.
Everyone "knows what you mean" Just because she has faced degrading violence doesn't mean anything about her sexuality. Quality writing and strong women don't equate to lesbianism. The story has not given her character the opportunity to demonstrate anything regarding her sexuality.Sticking withGOT lets look at Lady Brienne. She has sent a number of men to the big throne in the sky and we know she is hot for Jamie so not a lesbian. Sansa just rid us of Ramsey by feeding him to his starving dogs. I don't think that Sansa "plays for the other team."Ramsey raping her doesn't say anything about her sexuality. Its in the hands of the writers,(no pun intended).

Last edited:
phenomenal final 2 episodes with a lot of questions storylines answered.

would love for them to do a lot 80-90 minute episodes next year.

it certainly is 1 of the greatest TV shows of all time.

maybe the greatest, we will see.

you know im not much of a feather ruffler, but the breaking bad people need to take a chill pill.

it was a great show as well, but everytime someone wants to put it down a peg or 2...they get all uppity and are ready to defend it like its 1 of their kids. it plays to me like its the 1st show the millennials found and they will fight for it to the death...kicking and screaming like spoiled little brats.

I don't think it was good as Sons of Anarchy and its certainly not better than the Walking Dead.

Completely agree. People forget how bloody slow Season 1 of Breaking Bad is.

I came late to that series and nearly stopped watching because of how slow the plot developed around Walt's cancer diagnosis.

It's a great show but SOA was better (until that abomination of a final season).

And Deadwood will always be in my top 10 due to the Shakespearean way it used foul language.

So I'm watching the finale for the third time. It does seem a little strange to me that the little birds stabbing Grand Maester Pycelle and Lancel Lannister was a little over the top. I just don't think 12 year-olds would stab people for candy even if they were starving. Maybe I'm wrong.

Blowing up the Great Sept of Baelor was very 9/11. It even had the reminiscent smoke plume. Tommen's suicide scene was very raw and it reminded me of the red wedding.

The Samwell Tarly thread ended a little dull. The Citadel has a million books. It will take a lifetime for Samwell to find anything useful information on the white walkers. And you would think his father would have sent someone to the Citadel to retrieve the Valyrian sword. He knows where Samwell is going. I think at some point Samwell will head back north and all three Valyrian swords will be together fighting the white walkers.

And Melisandre is strange thread in the story. I can't figure her role out. I think she's just someone who's power has waned. I'm not sure we will see her again. She doesn't seem like someone who's power is rising anymore.

The Dorne scene was very good. Daenerys breaking up with Daario was very good.

Daenerys making Tyrion her hand scene was absolute perfection and one of my favorites. This scene was GOT at its very best. I loved the Game of Thrones pep-talk by Tyrion.

And I thought Bella Ramsey playing Lyanna Mormont stole the scene with an absolutely brilliant and memorable performance. I liked Lyanna from the previous episode. But Bella smashed it out of the park. I thought the scene where they declare Jon Snow king of the north was one of the strongest of the episode.

Is Jon Snow cousins or brother-sister with Daenerys?

ls Jon Snow cousins or brother-sister with Daenerys?

Neither. He's Daenerys' nephew. Her oldest brother Rhaegar was his father.

Which, since the Taragryens never had a problem with incest, makes him a logical suitor for her return to Westeros.

Or I know nothing.

So I'm watching the finale for the third time. It does seem a little strange to me that the little birds stabbing Grand Maester Pycelle and Lancel Lannister was a little over the top. I just don't think 12 year-olds would stab people for candy even if they were starving. Maybe I'm wrong.

Blowing up the Great Sept of Baelor was very 9/11. It even had the reminiscent smoke plume. Tommen's suicide scene was very raw and it reminded me of the red wedding.

The Samwell Tarly thread ended a little dull. The Citadel has a million books. It will take a lifetime for Samwell to find anything useful information on the white walkers. And you would think his father would have sent someone to the Citadel to retrieve the Valyrian sword. He knows where Samwell is going. I think at some point Samwell will head back north and all three Valyrian swords will be together fighting the white walkers.

And Melisandre is strange thread in the story. I can't figure her role out. I think she's just someone who's power has waned. I'm not sure we will see her again. She doesn't seem like someone who's power is rising anymore.

The Dorne scene was very good. Daenerys breaking up with Daario was very good.

Daenerys making Tyrion her hand scene was absolute perfection and one of my favorites. This scene was GOT at its very best. I loved the Game of Thrones pep-talk by Tyrion.

And I thought Bella Ramsey playing Lyanna Mormont stole the scene with an absolutely brilliant and memorable performance. I liked Lyanna from the previous episode. But Bella smashed it out of the park. I thought the scene where they declare Jon Snow king of the north was one of the strongest of the episode.

Is Jon Snow cousins or brother-sister with Daenerys?
I didn't like seeing little kids murdering an old man either. And I didn't really get why it was necessary. They couldn't have killed off the Grand Maester in some other way? I guess Cersei really didn't have any other allies.

The actor that plays Davos was fantastic in the Winterfell scene. Though I'm not sure what to think about Jon Snow sending away a woman who literally resurrected him.

It's pretty obvious that the writers realize how badly they screwed up with the Dorne/Snake Sisters plot in Season 5. Having Lady Olenna verbally on each of them was the best Dorne scene of the series (although that's not saying much).

The best scene to me was of course the Jon Snow parentage reveal. Very well done.

Littlefinger about to mess some up in Season 7.

I think Arya plays for the other team. If you know what I mean.

I don't know if I agree with this sentiment. I think she's just driven by so much hate she hasn't really thought about the other stuff.

Neither. He's Daenerys' nephew. Her oldest brother Rhaegar was his father.

Which, since the Taragryens never had a problem with incest, makes him a logical suitor for her return to Westeros.

Or I know nothing.

It never occurred to me that he would hook up with her. But now that he's king of the North it makes perfect sense.

I don't know if I agree with this sentiment. I think she's just driven by so much hate she hasn't really thought about the other stuff.
The only thing Arya lusts for is killing her enemies.

I didn't like seeing little kids murdering an old man either. And I didn't really get why it was necessary. They couldn't have killed off the Grand Maester in some other way? I guess Cersei really didn't have any other allies.

The actor that plays Davos was fantastic in the Winterfell scene. Though I'm not sure what to think about Jon Snow sending away a woman who literally resurrected him.

It's pretty obvious that the writers realize how badly they screwed up with the Dorne/Snake Sisters plot in Season 5. Having Lady Olenna verbally . . . . on each of them was the best Dorne scene of the series (although that's not saying much).

The best scene to me was of course the Jon Snow parentage reveal. Very well done.

Littlefinger about to mess some . . . . up in Season 7.

Yeah, those are all good and I forgot to mention. Yes, Littlefinger is going to try. He has a dream you know. I just don't think he has enough resources and allegiances to make a serious run at it. I think the Knights of the Vale are not going to stay long in the North. I'm not sure what Littlefinger is going to do. Maybe try to kill Jon Snow but it may be too late for that. I think he underestimated the northerners would pick Snow as their King. He's going to back peddle now I think. Maybe this time Sansa will listen to Jon and warn him first about the unhappy look Littlefinger gave her when people were declaring him king of the north.

You are right about the Davos scene. The Dorne stuff could be better. I think they gave ships and troops to Daenerys but it would have been nice to show that a bit. The Jon Snow parentage reveal was very good as you say. I'm not sure why the older 3-eyed didn't want Bran to see it the first time. Maybe the timing wasn't right. I wonder if Bran is going to make it to Castle Black or just hang out at the tree. I would think they would be in a little bit of hurry to get to Winterfell and use the Weirwood at Winterfell.

I just can't wait for Season 7. I just can't believe how great GOT is has TV show. Holy moly!

Last edited:
The only thing Arya lusts for is killing her enemies.

That's what I meant. I don't think shes lesbo like someone was saying. I think she just wants to kill some enemies at this point. Who's next? Maybe Cersei at some point.

I have a funny story to you tell you. If you know me I sometimes make an occasional post about my first wife (not generally positive in nature). You know the scene where Arya takes off her face just before she kills Frey. Well, my second wife really doesn't watch GOT but walked in on that scene 2 nights ago. She was very put off by the throat slit. That night she says she had terrible nightmares and she was blaming me for watching it. So last night I'm watching GOT again. She walks in on that scene again but I had the DVR paused. She looks at me and then makes the gesture she was pulling off her face. OMG! It scared the bejeebers out of me! I thought she was going to pull off her face and it would be my first wife there ready to assassinate me! I laughed so hard it was brilliant! I'm not sure my second wife planned it all out but she's a little crafty and her humor is little dark. So I think she knew she what she was doing.

Last edited:
With the Boltons gone, Arya taking out the Freys, and Jon Snow being declared king of North, the Starks have really solidified their position in the North. And you all thought the Starks were too stupid to play the game! Well, they may be but somehow they are back on top again. It's kind of weird because it's not really clear the Starks are really playing the game. I think they are just trying to survive or have revenge.

Something just occurred to me. You now how people argue on this site. Discussion threads go back and forth. People get angry. People have opinions. Sometimes someone will metaphorically slit your throat because of your opinion on something. This site is really a Game of Posts.

I'm still thinking about Bella Ramsey's performance playing Lyanna Mormont. She should get an award just for that scene. It was such a gripping performance. I think she, and Liam Cunningham playing Davos, had the best performances in the entire episode. Although Lena Headey playing Cersei was wonderfully evil. But playing a villain is always an easier role.

It's pretty obvious that the writers realize how badly they screwed up with the Dorne/Snake Sisters plot in Season 5. Having Lady Olenna verbally . . . . on each of them was the best Dorne scene of the series (although that's not saying much).

Little finger is likely to be the next DOA in season 7

I'm still thinking about Bella Ramsey's performance playing Lyanna Mormont. She should get an award just for that scene. It was such a gripping performance. I think she, and Liam Cunningham playing Davos, had the best performances in the entire episode. Although Lena Headey playing Cersei was wonderfully evil. But playing a villain is always an easier role.
That young actress is a revelation. Most believable kid actress I've seen since the girl in the true grit remake.

Little finger is likely to be the next DOA in season 7

Okay, this is not my idea. But I think Jamie kills Cersei first episode season 7. He did kill the mad king because he was going to do what Cersei did. And there's the whole prophesy thing that Cersei will be killed by a younger brother. Now that all the kids are dead Jamie may finally snap.

Villain is easy as opposed to the good guy protagonist. Consider the difficulty of a writer of writing a script msking Donald Dump looking like a good guy.This would deserve the top awarder whatever venue that writing would be shown e.g. Oscar,Emmy, Tonny (sic).

I agree killing the Grand Master in this manner was a gratuitous use of violence even for this show. He was old. Tripping on his robe going down a stairway may not have been high impact drama but he would die just the same. I doubt that parents are allowing their kids to watch this show so no harm no foul.

That young actress is a revelation. Most believable kid actress I've seen since the girl in the true grit remake.
She really has the perfect facial posturing for her roleEVERYONE loves her and her effectiveness with dealing with the so-called grown-ups.

I have a funny story to you tell you. If you know me I sometimes make an occasional post about my first wife (not generally positive in nature). You know the scene where Arya takes off her face just before she kills Frey. Well, my second wife really doesn't watch GOT but walked in on that scene 2 nights ago. She was very put off by the throat slit. That night she says she had terrible nightmares and she was blaming me for watching it. So last night I'm watching GOT again. She walks in on that scene again but I had the DVR paused. She looks at me and then makes the gesture she was pulling off her face. OMG! It scared the bejeebers out of me! I thought she was going to pull off her face and it would be my first wife there ready to assassinate me! I laughed so hard it was brilliant! I'm not sure my second wife planned it all out but she's a little crafty and her humor is little dark. So I think she knew she what she was doing.
I think you may be the secret bastard love-child of CaliCuse's.

The poster who was promised.

To this point I've thought of Kit Harrington as serviceable and not much more than that but I thought he was excellent in episode 9 - especially during the battle itself. Chilling.

Okay, this is not my idea. But I think Jamie kills Cersei first episode season 7. He did kill the mad king because he was going to do what Cersei did. And there's the whole prophesy thing that Cersei will be killed by a younger brother. Now that all the kids are dead Jamie may finally snap.
I'm not sure he kills her but it will be interesting to see how Jaime reacts to Cersei taking the Iron Throne before he even arrives back from the Riverlands. According to some sources, Jaime is actually the rightful heir to the throne.

To find the next family related to King Robert, you have to go back a hundred and fifty years prior to his birth. According to a detailed Baratheon family tree, nobleman Corwen Baratheon married a woman named Leyne and had six children. One was Robert Baratheon’s great-great-great grandfather, Arion. Corwen’s only other child whose lineage survived was his daughter Elyanna. She married Lord Mathin Lannister. By now, you can probably see where this is going: Mathin’s family line leads straight to our favorite deceased Hand of the King, Tywin Lannister.

This means that, if he had outlived Stannis and Shireen, Tywin would have technically been the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms by rights, instead of just by practice. Wild.

With Tywin dead, the Iron Throne would pass to his eldest son, Jaime.

Will Jaime support his sister? Or will he finally come to terms with the fact that she's a raving psycho and did exactly what the Mad King wanted to do before Jaime became forever known as Kingslayer?

We'll find out in ten short months.

Yes, Littlefinger is going to try. He has a dream you know. I just don't think he has enough resources and allegiances to make a serious run at it. I think the Knights of the Vale are not going to stay long in the North. I'm not sure what Littlefinger is going to do. Maybe try to kill Jon Snow but it may be too late for that. I think he underestimated the northerners would pick Snow as their King. He's going to back peddle now I think. Maybe this time Sansa will listen to Jon and warn him first about the unhappy look Littlefinger gave her when people were declaring him king of the north.
I'm surprised that Littlefinger laid all his cards on the table to Sansa about his ambitions before she was fully on board with him. He will have to do everything he can to drive a wedge between Jon and Sansa before she spills the beans. It will help that Jon went from telling Sansa that she should be the one to lead to just sitting there and accepting everyone proclaiming him as King o' the North. If he can't sway Sansa, I'd expect him to align with Cersei somehow. She needs some forces to solidify herself on the throne and as a threat to our heroes who will be coming at her on multiple fronts (Dany/Unsullied/Dothraki/Dragons vs Lannisters from the west and Starks from the North).

The Jon Snow parentage reveal was very good as you say. I'm not sure why the older 3-eyed didn't want Bran to see it the first time. Maybe the timing wasn't right.
I think it was because Bran wasn't trained yet and risked messing everything up if he interacted with Ned, ala Hodor. We saw Ned notice something in Bran's direction during each flashback. Until he learned to become a passive and hidden observer, Bran was a threat to change the timeline and this event is too crucial for things to come.