Game of Thrones - Season 6 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Game of Thrones - Season 6

I'm surprised that Littlefinger laid all his cards on the table to Sansa about his ambitions before she was fully on board with him. He will have to do everything he can to drive a wedge between Jon and Sansa before she spills the beans. It will help that Jon went from telling Sansa that she should be the one to lead to just sitting there and accepting everyone proclaiming him as King o' the North. If he can't sway Sansa, I'd expect him to align with Cersei somehow. She needs some forces to solidify herself on the throne and as a threat to our heroes who will be coming at her on multiple fronts (Dany/Unsullied/Dothraki/Dragons vs Lannisters from the west and Starks from the North).

I think it was because Bran wasn't trained yet and risked messing everything up if he interacted with Ned, ala Hodor. We saw Ned notice something in Bran's direction during each flashback. Until he learned to become a passive and hidden observer, Bran was a threat to change the timeline and this event is too crucial for things to come.

The Bran thing is a big issue. We know there are spells that prevent the White Walkers from getting past the wall. But, if Bran is still on the wrong side of the wall and he somehow gets captured it may lead to the wall coming down. The wall coming down would be huge. Of course, you would think the wild crazy zombie hoards would figure out how to get past the wall over water.

Speaking of Cersei, assuming Jamie doesn't kill her his first night back at Kings Landing, the Tyrells had a huge contingent of their second largest army in Westeros currently occupying Kings Landing. And now the contingent has no leader. We may see a bit of a civil war within the walls of Kings Landing once the shock of their 9/11 fades a bit.

There's no way Littlefinger persuades Sansa anymore. She will never trust him ever again. I think Littlefinger is going to return to the Vale. Maybe Littlefinger knows the truth about Jon and he's going to undermine Jon's claim to Winterfell.

How is the Mountain going to die? If he's not already undead which is not clear. My bet is by one of the dragons.

I read a pretty cool conjecture about who will be the other two dragon riders. I first thought no one would ever ride the other two dragons. But now it seams Jon is a cousin of Daenerys. I also heard Jon and Daenerys make become king and queen.

So assume Jon may be the second dragon rider. Then maybe Tyrion or Bran will be the third. But I still kind of think Daenerys might be the only dragon rider.

There's no way Littlefinger persuades Sansa anymore. She will never trust him ever again. I think Littlefinger is going to return to the Vale. Maybe Littlefinger knows the truth about Jon and he's going to undermine Jon's claim to Winterfell.
I can't see Littlefinger just shrugging his shoulders and walking away with his tail between his legs without so much as a whimper after almost single-handidly saving all of their asses.

Baelish is going to get what he's owed come hell or highwater.

Think the Night's King will allow Bran to reach the wall because he knows his grips markings on Brans arm will destroy the magic binding the wall together.

Bran is the horn from the books.

Think the Night's King will allow Bran to reach the wall because he knows his grips markings on Brans arm will destroy the magic binding the wall together.

Bran is the horn from the books.

Oh wow, great catch. That's a good one. I bet that's the way in.

I read a pretty cool conjecture about who will be the other two dragon riders. I first thought no one would ever ride the other two dragons. But now it seams Jon is a cousin of Daenerys. I also heard Jon and Daenerys make become king and queen.

So assume Jon may be the second dragon rider. Then maybe Tyrion or Bran will be the third. But I still kind of think Daenerys might be the only dragon rider.
Actually, Jon would be her nephew if the most popular theory is true. I've also seen guesses that he and Tyrion could both be her half-brothers via the Mad King and prima nocta.

"Showrunner David Benioff has confirmed there will only be two more shortened seasons of the hit TV show."

Well crap. Give us one epic season instead of two shortened ones!

"Showrunner David Benioff has confirmed there will only be two more shortened seasons of the hit TV show."

Seven episodes instead of 10 is tolerable Its better than no season. there a number of characters that needl resolving besides Danareys Sansa and Aryas' and Mellesandre who requires a suitable death. I would guess that Lady Brienne will have the honor.

content.

minutes.

if this gives us more content and more minutes, then I am all for it.

PROVIDED that we are talking at least 6 episodes a season and a few over an hour long.

would love a 6 & 8 episode seasons to end with.

content.

minutes.

PROVIDED that we are talking at least 6 episodes a season and a few over an hour long.

Reading the quote they have a set number of hours left. So it doesn't sound like they will be adding content. Just splitting into smaller seasons to drag it out.

Reading the quote they have a set number of hours left. So it doesn't sound like they will be adding content. Just splitting into smaller seasons to drag it out.
ridiculous. why bother then? todays society doesn't need to be fooled into thinking a show is X seasons long by splitting 1 up into 2 years.

just bang it all out at once.

you want to do a fall, then take 6-8 weeks off and finish up right after the SuperB owl?? fine

just don't do a crappy 5 hours...then see you next spring, bullshit arrangement

content.

minutes.

I believe the number of episodes was listed at 7. Regardless we will all be watching intently for clues about the characters futures.

I believe the number of episodes was listed at 7. Regardless we will all be watching intently for clues about the characters futures.
ill take 14.

7 & 7...6 & 8?? I can do the math!!

obviously, I have read no article on what the plan is.

is there a real one?

or just internet chatter?? and hints dropped by producers??

please don't pull a Soprano's.

ill take 14.

7 & 7...6 & 8?? I can do the math!!

obviously, I have read no article on what the plan is.

is there a real one?

or just internet chatter?? and hints dropped by producers??

please don't pull a Soprano's.
Its 7 per shortened season.Figuring there is probably only two more of these seasons.

Don’t see how Jamie would be the rightful heir to the throne as Cersai is still a Baratheon.

I’ve also been wondering if Jamie is the one who ends up killing Cersai. A couple of subtle things this season has made me wonder if it’ll be him. See these two dying the 'tragic' romeo and juliet type death. Big fan of Jamies' arc but they both have to die.

What about Robert Barantheon’s bastard son (I forget his name). The guy had a pretty big role for a while and then just disappeared. Is he with the Brotherhood? Do he and Arrya reconnect or is he just gone? Does he have a claim to the throne?

I think Bran brings the Walkers over because the burn grip, and Bran is also the heir to Winterfell. Should be interesting to see what unfolds.

Not sure yet why Daneary’s has to live and gotta be honest, i’ve never rooted for Daneary’s and find her story line and arc boring. She’s just not a character I’ve ever felt was strong and/or a leader. I pretty much tuned out her scenes until Tyrion joined her.

Also, hard to envision Jon as King now considering he's been dead once.

Still hoping for an epic Theon death.

Then I will be able to walk through people flaming my posts.
I have two sons that I've acknowledged. No more unless they ar millionaires and want to contribute to my presidential campaign.Dump has already shown that he can't hold to my person axioms of being the POTUS. Never knee jerk response in action or wordsStep through any military option thoroughly to make sure it doesn't go nuclear. If your advisors are the ones you respect ,listen to them.Make your decision after considering the options Laugh at the critics if they espouse the likes of Sarah Palin or Dump. Never take insults seriously if you speak your mind on issues.THIS I LEARNED HERE! I'm ready to be rolled into the Oval Office.

What about Robert Barantheon’s bastard son (I forget his name). The guy had a pretty big role for a while and then just disappeared. Is he with the Brotherhood? Do he and Arrya reconnect or is he just gone? Does he have a claim to the throne?
How could you forget about Gendry?
11374315_1022496561115048_577094717_n.jpg

He is the last of the Baratheons, so he would have a claim if he ever finishes his rowing trip, provided:
1. He knew who his father is
2. Someone can legitimize him.

I've seen some speculation that Cersei could be his mother. Robert did knock her up once, but she "handled it". I always thought she intentionally miscarried, but if she gave birth and then sent someone to dispose of the baby...

How could you forget about Gendry?
11374315_1022496561115048_577094717_n.jpg

He is the last of the Baratheons, so he would have a claim if he ever finishes his rowing trip, provided:
1. He knew who his father is
2. Someone can legitimize him.

I've seen some speculation that Cersei could be his mother. Robert did knock her up once, but she "handled it". I always thought she intentionally miscarried, but if she gave birth and then sent someone to dispose of the baby...
Very interesting theory

Very interesting theory
I'm sure this has occurred to everyone but dragon glass creators are on heir way Westeros Pleny enough to kill off the White Walkers in mass. Consider arrow heads tipped in the dragon glass cutters. Noch, aim, loose!

content.

minutes.

Look HBO has a lot invested with this series. I seriously doubt they will it up Follow the $ and it will resolve itself.BTW I've started watch this show from the beginning. Its stays fresh and you will be amazed at what you have forgotten or missed the first time through. When the series ends I intend to do the same thing.

Don’t see how Jamie would be the rightful heir to the throne as Cersai is still a Baratheon.

I’ve also been wondering if Jamie is the one who ends up killing Cersai. A couple of subtle things this season has made me wonder if it’ll be him. See these two dying the 'tragic' romeo and juliet type death. Big fan of Jamies' arc but they both have to die.

I think Bran brings the Walkers over because the burn grip, and Bran is also the heir to Winterfell. Should be interesting to see what unfolds.

Not sure yet why Daneary’s has to live and gotta be honest, i’ve never rooted for Daneary’s and find her story line and arc boring. She’s just not a character I’ve ever felt was strong and/or a leader. I pretty much tuned out her scenes until Tyrion joined her.

I never liked Jamie since he pushed Bran off the tower. I guess having his hand cut-off is some level of absolution. I don't think Jamie has much of an arc at all. He barely has had or has any power. I think Cersei has all the power. The question is do you believe in Jamie's new found commitment to the code of arms he got from his relationship to Brienne of Tarth. If yes, then he will kill Cersei for the same reasons he killed the Mad King.

Good point on Gentry. We may see him have a role to play. But I doubt he will have the necessary support structure in place to make a serious claim at the throne.

Good point on Bran's claim to Winterfell. But I think Bran will become toast at some point and the great wall will fall.

I will agree with you on Theon's death. What has he done to redeem himself for killing the two farm boys? Yes, he's suffered an incredible amount. But he's still pretty evil. I don't ever see him having any more power in the kingdoms than he has now.

Your comments on Daenerys are puzzling to me. She represents a different kind of leadership. She's not pursuing power for the sake of power. She not interested in the complete exploitation of her subjects. Her anti-slavery stance and her request to the Greyjoys to stop raping and reaving represent her values. The reason she is rising to power is because she is worth following. Maybe the reason you find her boring is because she not a "strong and/or a leader" as you would define it. But some people would define her leadership strength comes from her not wanting to pursue power for power's sake, not wanting to exploit other people. Her power comes from not wanting to be the biggest loud mouth bully in the room. There's an interesting psychology book titled, "King, Wizard, Warrior, Lover" that analyzes in great detail what means to be a king or queen. Joseph Campbell once spoke about heroes and myths as the only thing "that's worth writing about." I think this is the main reason why Game of Thrones is so successful. It's touching on the elements of our collective psychology that are worth writing about:

Moyers: Why are there so many stories of the hero in mythology?

Campbell: Because that's what's worth writing about. Even in popular novels, the main character is a hero or heroine who has found or done something beyond the normal range of achievement and experience. A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.

She is the true hero Queen sacrificing her petty human desires for ideals that are much greater than herself. Here Daenerys states her trans-personal goal and commitment. This is her reason why she wants to be queen. This is the reason why she is worth rooting for:

"Our fathers were evil men. All of us here. They left the world worse than they found it. We're not going to do that. We are going to leave the world better than we found it."​

How can you not root for Daenerys? If she's not worth rooting for, then what is? Are you some kind of goose stepping jackboot who thinks might-is-always-right or something?

I think the story will end with the King of the North (Jon Snow) and the Queen of the South (Daenerys) getting married after the White Walkers are defeated.

Last edited:

If a King with no living brothers dies before there are children, does the queen inherit the throne? I didn't think that was the case because...patriarchy.

Not that Gendry has any interest in claiming the throne but one has to think he makes at least some sort of appearance in final season(s). Unless he was blown up via Cersei's Wildfire Experience. Or maybe he drowned on his way to King's Landing because he had never been in a rowboat before and couldn't swim.

Thought it was interesting that Bran's walker mark was never mentioned or alluded to in the last episode. Benjen knew that Bran understood how the walkers were created, yet Benjen didn't know that Bran was touched by one and that's why were running?

I love Dany. Thought some of the best, most powerful scenes in the first three seasons came from her storyline. It's interesting that she's imperfect and has battled with her own demons when it come to (a) being a brutal conqueror and dictator like her father and (b) being a more humane ruler ("We'll leave this world better than we found it") who wants to do good.

Leave Theon alone! He's paid his dues.