Game of Thrones - Season 6 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Game of Thrones - Season 6

I assume you are talking about the first person views of Daenerys riding the dragon as they flamed the slaver's armada. That's was over the top awesome stuff!

That and her climbing up to ride the dragon was so cool.
No actually I was thinking and posting abouy the battle scene . Thc coordination and mixing close ups of characters we know and care about along with that giant. I wonder if he was married and had kids? I watched that battle scene very carefully and that was excellent work. I watched it with Terry who know quite bit about the business and agrees that this episode deserves consideration at Emmy time later this year.BTW Melisandre may have cursed Jon Snow with immortality like herself. Just a guess but what else has been involved with Snow?

That was actually a fairly accurate portrayal of a medieval battle. Theorists said the battles themselves were more like football matches and you were much more likely to die from arrow, being trampled/suffocated to death than you were from a swords blow.

That was actually a fairly accurate portrayal of a medieval battle. Theorists said the battles themselves were more like football matches and you were much more likely to die from arrow, being trampled/suffocated to death than you were from a swords blow.
That and being stabbed in the back by a passing combatant.who sees an opportunity with little risk. It don't matter how those "kills were made.

Last edited:
I don’t think much happens next week other than to set the wheels in motion.

Blondie boarding ships
Brienne back to Winterfell
Bran moving South with Benjen

My 2 biggest questions is what will Littlefinger be up to as he could have just killed everybody and been Warden of the North.

And what is Jamie’s next move. He’s got to head back South.

Two predictions:

Arya hooks up with the Brotherhood and reunites with the Hound.

The White Walkers make it to the Wall.
Yeah, usually episode 10 is a setup for the next season. I can't see this being any different - setting things up for the final season of the series (unconfirmed, but that's my guess).

I do hope that Bran has a continuation of his Tower of Joy vision. It would be nice of them to give us something before Season 7.

The Last Kingdom I post about above tries to be pretty close to historical fact. The fighting scenes are really good.

Cersei wants to light up King's Landing in a terrible blaze of glory so bad.

I'm watching episode 9 again. Cercei is definitely going to blow up King's Landing with wildfire. Just listen to Tyrion's comments about the Mad King at the beginning of the episode.

Sansa Stark if becoming one of my favorite characters. I like the way she's transitioned from stupid idealistic girl to season warrior queen. I like the way she says in episode 9 "no one can protect anyone" and then she gets Little Finger to bring the knights of the vale to the battle. She knew Ramsey would kill Rickon. She just accepted it. And then she just did whatever she could do to make sure Ramsey would die.

Sansa Stark if becoming one of my favorite characters. I like the way she's transitioned from stupid idealistic girl to season warrior queen. I like the way she says in episode 9 "no one can protect anyone" and then she gets Little Finger to bring the knights of the vale to the battle. She knew Ramsey would kill Rickon. She just accepted it. And then she just did whatever she could do to make sure Ramsey would die.

I'm 100% the opposite. Sansa is a twit (with a difft vowel)

she knows about the army from the Vale but still doesn't tell Jon for her own damn selfish reasons. many lives died for it.

knowledge that LF's crew had their backs could have helped raise more northern banners to the Stark cause. how would Lord Glover had reacted if she had shared that little tidbit when he asked who else was in the fight?

Maybe she coulda even saved her little bro, or maybe she really wanted him dead.

she knows about the army from the Vale but still doesn't tell Jon for her own damn selfish reasons. many lives died for it.

knowledge that LF's crew had their backs could have helped raise more northern banners to the Stark cause. how would Lord Glover had reacted if she had shared that little tidbit when he asked who else was in the fight?

Maybe she coulda even saved her little bro, or maybe she really wanted him dead.

If she wanted him dead that would be a weird. You make some good points. But I think she's better than she was. Before it was all happening to her. At least now she's beginning to play the game.

If she wanted him dead that would be a weird. You make some good points. But I think she's better than she was. Before it was all happening to her. At least now she's beginning to play the game.

Rickon dead = Sansa has a claim to rule the North

she's either stupid, selfish and/or ruthlessly manipulative

didn't even try to save little bro. of course the kids could have bobbed and weaved a bit

I do agree that bish Sansa > sniveling brat Sansa

giphy.gif

Rickon dead = Sansa has a claim to rule the North

she's either stupid, selfish and/or ruthlessly manipulative
That's a tad harsh imo.

Sansa didn't want Littlefinger's help. She only reached out to him out of desperation at the last minute. By then they had already been to or contacted all of the Northern houses.

I think Sansa is embarrassed / ashamed in her connection to and recent history with Littlefinger and was likely hoping that Jon's army wouldn't need House Arryn to win the battle. Owing a debt to Petyr Baelish isn't a great position to be in - as we'll probably see in the next episode.

Last edited:
That's a tad harsh imo.

Sansa didn't want Littlefinger's help. She only reached out to him out of desperation at the last minute. By then they had already been to or contacted all of the Northern houses.

I think Sansa is embarrassed / ashamed in her connection to and recent history with Littlefinger and was likely hoping that Jon's army wouldn't need House Arryn to win the battle. Owing a debt to Petyr Baelish isn't a great position to be in - as we'll probably see in the next episode.

I think I understated it.

Her orginial position was to, understandably, reject LF's help but that changed a couple of episodes ago when she sent him the raven. She has obviously been in commication since, otherwise how would she know where to meet up with the KotV? Again, how many northmen (including Rickon and potentially Jon) died because of her failing to disclose? Now they have Winterfell with a depleted army and owe a debt to LF who is there with full forces.

Great plan

I think I understated it.

Her orginial position was to, understandably, reject LF's help but that changed a couple of episodes ago when she sent him the raven. She has obviously been in commication since, otherwise how would she know where to meet up with the KotV? Again, how many northmen (including Rickon and potentially Jon) died because of her failing to disclose? Now they have Winterfell with a depleted army and owe a debt to LF who is there with full forces.

Great plan
Interesting analysis,Shark, I like it but Sansa was under a crushing amount of stress and killing Ramsey was foremost on her mind,as we saw and how she did this was classic vengeance with a smile as it should always be. The real cliff hanger for next season will be what ZZDavos knows about Lady Red and Jon Snow. Now this is only a guess but anotherJon Snow (hold your breath ) isue could be heading our way Sunday.

Here's something I haven't seen mentioned.

There's the feast seen with the Frey's.

Didn't Beric Dondarrion tell to the Hound they were heading north.

That would blow some minds.

Frey hosted "The RedWedding ,I believe but its been a very long time and I could be wrong about this easily.

The twins is on the way north from Riverrun, nearly positive.

Interesting analysis,Shark, I like it but Sansa was under a crushing amount of stress and killing Ramsey was foremost on her mind,as we saw and how she did this was classic vengeance with a smile as it should always be. The real cliff hanger for next season will be what ZZDavos knows about Lady Red and Jon Snow. Now this is only a guess but anotherJon Snow (hold your breath ) isue could be heading our way Sunday.

the 2 major stark traits are nobility and selfish impetuousness borderlining on stupidity

in Robb's case it got him and mommy and many many others killed
Bran got the 3 eyed raven, hodor and others killed, including few of the remaining CoF
Arya almost got herself whacked for the same reasons, but at least she survived and there was no large collateral damage

The Last Kingdom I post about above tries to be pretty close to historical fact. The fighting scenes are really good.

Started watching the Last Kingdom just recently. I was a big fan of the books. They have kept the basic story line but have chopped it up too much for TV. I think if you had zero knowledge of the books it works. Overall pretty decent for me but a bit disappointing given the source material.

Started watching the Last Kingdom just recently. I was a big fan of the books. They have kept the basic story line but have chopped it up too much for TV. I think if you had zero knowledge of the books it works. Overall pretty decent for me but a bit disappointing given the source material.

I didn't even know the books existed! Are they a good read?