Game Participation | Syracusefan.com

Game Participation

GoSU96

Living Legend
Took a look at participation by unit. I've tagged everyone who played as a 2 on the DC. Some might only be on specials but I don't have an easy way of figuring that out so I'm not going to try. Anyone that started a game gets a 1, even if it was because of injury.

DLine. Morton might have come in on specials or garbage time. The first seven are all in the rotation.

No.NamePos.Yr.DC
0McKinley WilliamsDLR-Sr.1
9Kingsley JonathanDLSr.1
85Josh BlackDLR-Sr.1
52Curtis HarperDLR-Jr.2
88Drew TuazamaDLR-Fr.2
93Caleb OkechukwuDLR-So.2
97Cody RoscoeDLSr.2
99Zach MortonDLR-Jr.2

LB - Solid, very, very young. Chance to be one of the top three units in the ACC the next couple of years.

No.NamePos.Yr.DC
13Mikel JonesLBSo.1
27Stefon ThompsonLBFr.1
31Geoff Cantin-ArkuLBSo.1
17Steve LintonLBR-Fr.2
21Lee KpogbaLBSo.2
32Marlowe WaxLBFr.2
42Tyrell RichardsLBR-Jr.2

DB - Seven different guys have started. Like the LB's a lot of young guys participating and making plays. Hopefully Melifonwu and Williams come back next year.

No.NamePos.Yr.DC
2Ifeatu MelifonwuDBR-Jr.1
6Trill WilliamsDBJr.1
7Andre CiscoDBJr.1
11Ja'Had CarterDBFr.1
14Garrett WilliamsDBR-Fr.1
19Rob HannaDBFr.1
20Cam JonasDBR-So.1
34Eric ColeyDBR-Jr.1
15Neil NunnDBR-Fr.2
22Kyle StricklandDBR-Sr.2
26Aman GreenwoodDBR-Fr.2
28Ben LabrosseDBFr.2
37Kevin NusdeoDBR-Jr.2

Offense - Box score says Dakota played last week. Leaving it here even if it was a mistake. The only guys that haven't gotten snaps this year according the box scores are Red, White, Froumy, and Bleich.

No.NamePos.Yr.DC
52Carlos VettorelloOLR-So.1
56Darius TisdaleOLR-Jr.1
60Matthew BergeronOLSo.1
63Chris ElmoreOLSr.1
68Airon ServaisOLR-Sr.1
57Dakota DavisOLR-Jr.2
55Josh IlaoaOLFr.2
58Ryan KisselsteinOLR-So.2
69Patrick DavisOLSr.2
72Mark PetryOLSo.2
53Garth BarclayOLFr.3
71Josh KosciolOLR-Fr.3

TE - All four are shown as have played at one point.

No.NamePos.Yr.DC
87Luke BensonTESo.1
89Aaron HackettTESr.1
47Maximilian MangTEFr.2
88Steven Mahar Jr.TEFr.3

WR - NJ is the only senior. My guess is Pena, Williams, and Jones have been on coverage units.

No.NamePos.Yr.DC
3Taj HarrisWRJr.1
4Nykeim JohnsonWRSr.1
14Anthony QueeleyWRR-So.1
18Ed HendrixWRR-So.2
19Sharod JohnsonWRR-Jr.2
81Justin BarronWRFr.2
85Courtney JacksonWRR-Fr.2
29Trebor PenaWRFr.3
86Ja'Vontae WilliamsWRFr.3
80Isaiah JonesWRSo.3

QB - Box score from last week shows Markiewicz playing. Doubt that's correct

No.NamePos.Yr.DC
13Tommy DeVitoQBR-Jr.1
17Rex CulpepperQBR-Sr.2
11Dillon MarkiewiczQBFr.3

RB - 4 out of 5 on the roster have played. All set to return next year.

No.NamePos.Yr.DC
25Jawhar JordanRBR-Fr.1
34Sean TuckerRBFr.1
22Markenzy PierreRBR-Jr.2
24Cooper LutzRBR-So.3

Last edited:
Id guess Iffy will be back next year. 99% sure.

Barring an unspectacular remainder of the season, I’d say enjoy Trill Williams while you can. I don’t want to see any bitter comments about it either. He’s been elite in slot coverage and probably the best pure playmaker we’ve had in decades.

Barring an unspectacular remainder of the season, I’d say enjoy Trill Williams while you can. I don’t want to see any bitter comments about it either. He’s been elite in slot coverage and probably the best pure playmaker we’ve had in decades.
I think Trill has the best chance at an impressive NFL career as anyone we've produced in a while. He's so damn good at so many things.

Barring injury or a collapse in his performance he should probably leave to start getting paid. There's no way he doesn't get drafted whenever he goes.

Overall comments, the only units on the team that are heavy with upper classmen are the OL and DL. If there are guys with marginal prospects of playing at the next level do they take the free year and continue with academics.

If all four seniors on the DL are going to leave, really need to look at one or two DT transfers. Not worried about DE, need to find some two gap guys for this defense.

Losing Cisco and Trill will hurt but there are a lot of candidates to fill in.

I hate see him leave but definitely should get draft. I say in the first 4 rounds but for some reasons it seems like the nfl is getting caught up on blue blood schools and star rating. No way Alton should have fell to the fifth round as you can see by his play.

Bottom line, this is a super young team that is using this year to play a bunch of young guys. 21 freshmen (true or redshirt) have played according to the box score this year. These aren't garbage time snaps, all three games have been competitive going into the fourth quarter, not like 4th stringers getting in for Clemson.

That is exactly what this program needs to do this year.

Bottom line, this is a super young team that is using this year to play a bunch of young guys. 21 freshmen (true or redshirt) have played participated according to the box score this year. These are garbage time snaps, all three games have been competitive going into the fourth quarter, not like 4th stringers getting in for Clemson.

Nice breakdown above, thanks for compiling. Also agree with all of this ^^^^.

Overall comments, the only units on the team that are heavy with upper classmen are the OL and DL. If there are guys with marginal prospects of playing at the next level do they take the free year and continue with academics.

If all four seniors on the DL are going to leave, really need to look at one or two DT transfers. Not worried about DE, need to find some two gap guys for this defense.

Losing Cisco and Trill will hurt but there are a lot of candidates to fill in.

It will be interesting to see if Cisco opts to return, to prove himself post-injury.

It will be interesting to see if Cisco opts to return, to prove himself post-injury.
I agree with all of Go's conclusions as well.

Regarding Andre, has anyone heard anything about his injury situation? Tyrell Richards went down with an injury as well. I believe Coley hasn't played in a couple of weeks now as well.

It is a shame they have cracked down on injury information so much we have little idea what is going on with much of the team.

How long do you think he will be out?
Regardless though, I don’t think he has much to prove that can’t be shown in a workout or pro day if he ends up missing the season.

Return when? Next week, this year, next year?

He was on the sideline during the game Saturday. Is it really that big a deal?
Sorry -- meant return next year if the injury is serious.

Not a bitter comment but is this just your opinion or have you seen stuff on draft projections? I haven't seen any buzz on him outside of our fanbase and he was a man without a specific position prior to this season.

Not a bitter comment but is this just your opinion or have you seen stuff on draft projections? I haven't seen any buzz on him outside of our fanbase and he was a man without a specific position prior to this season.
My opinion

Bottom line, this is a super young team that is using this year to play a bunch of young guys. 21 freshmen (true or redshirt) have played according to the box score this year. These aren't garbage time snaps, all three games have been competitive going into the fourth quarter, not like 4th stringers getting in for Clemson.

Exactly right. If you’re a coach and they give you a free year of eligibility and you’re not sure how many games you’re going to get during a pandemic... the smart play is to get game tape on as many as possible, see what you have, and get ready for 2021

I think Morton got some run prior to garbage time. I remember seeing his name earlier in the game and thinking good for him considering all of his injuries.

Can the 5th year players return based on the COVID season? Not sure if they'd want to, but curious if they have the option. Would be a nice way to transition from old to young on the DL.

I think Morton got some run prior to garbage time. I remember seeing his name earlier in the game and thinking good for him considering all of his injuries.

Can the 5th year players return based on the COVID season? Not sure if they'd want to, but curious if they have the option. Would be a nice way to transition from old to young on the DL.
From the way I read the statements, everyone gets another year.

From the way I read the statements, everyone gets another year.

But do we have to stay at 85 max on scholarship, or did they do any temporary relief?

I supposed I could google this myself, but you fine people have never steered me wrong before.

Cisco and Trill are going to be top 100 picks in the 2021 NFL Draft. There's no way Trill is staying. He has the confidence and now the stats/tape to show he's ready.

the limit is only raised for the 1 yr and the costs are large.. 10 extra kids at many schools is a large chunk of money.

but think about it down the road. if we bring in 25 this yr its because we expect 25 to leave, but what if none leave the following year as SRs. we have a class of zero.. Now none of those are guaranteed that far so people may be asked to leave anyway

But it also means that many kids will have yrs left as grad transfers down the road. that is very valuable.

But do we have to stay at 85 max on scholarship, or did they do any temporary relief?

I supposed I could google this myself, but you fine people have never steered me wrong before.

you would think they would need to expand the roster cap. this is a golden opportunity to finally redshirt all those players forced to play over the past few years as freshmen

Returning Seniors don't count against the 85 for the 2021 season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom