Game thoughts... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Game thoughts...

Defensive rebounding has fallen off a bit the last few games, we're 154th in the country right now. To put that in perspective though, if we finished the season 154th, it would be our second best finish in the last decade.

We always struggle to rebound defensively, I'm assuming mainly because we play zone, and as long as we continue to play zone it's going to be a problem. That's not a value judgment on the zone; it's just a fact.

You mean completely opposite right?

No. Our offensive rebounding is usually very good and our defensive rebounding is usually pretty bad.

Defensive rebounding has fallen off a bit the last few games, we're 154th in the country right now. To put that in perspective though, if we finished the season 154th, it would be our second best finish in the last decade.

We always struggle to rebound defensively, I'm assuming mainly because we play zone, and as long as we continue to play zone it's going to be a problem. That's not a value judgment on the zone; it's just a fact.

No. Our offensive rebounding is usually very good and our defensive rebounding is usually pretty bad.
It's the opposite as far as team rankings and rbs/game when split O v D. There are only 3 years recently we were ranked higher in O than D 04-05, 05-06, and last season. I'm sure SWC has some other crazy breakdowns for us as far as this goes.

It's the opposite as far as team rankings and rbs/game when split O v D. There are only 3 years recently we were ranked higher in O than D 04-05, 05-06, and last season. I'm sure SWC has some other crazy breakdowns for us as far as this goes.

I'm talking on a percentage basis. We usually shoot a pretty decent percentage from the field and allow a low percentage on defense, so there are more defensive rebounds to be gotten and fewer offensive rebounds for us to get.

I'm talking on a percentage basis. We usually shoot a pretty decent percentage from the field and allow a low percentage on defense, so there are more defensive rebounds to be gotten and fewer offensive rebounds for us to get.
Ok, maybe percentage would skew things a bit. But the general consensus of if we're good on O or D rebounding, should be able to take something from where we rank nationally. I mean for one example, 06-07 we were 2nd in D rbs and 69th in O. Now you could slice and dice whatever but I will take that to mean we were a waay better team in defensive rebounds. I get the if the opponent shot a great percentage we have less and if we don't miss as much we get less on O. But on the whole it would seem national team rankings have a big play on how good we are where.

The rebounding % tell a much different story.

In 2007 we were 294th in the country in defensive rebounding %. We played a fast pace, allowed a low % from the field, and didn't force a lot of TO. There were a lot of missed FG when we were on defense.

You mean completely opposite right?
I'm sure he does those things are esily flipped in people's minds. No big deal Upping both is the real goal.Denying second opportunities is as importat as obtaining secon opportunities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom