Gameday Next Year | Syracusefan.com

Gameday Next Year

wiseman3

2nd String
So now we must be in the drivers seat to host Gameday against Clemson next year. Lets say we get it. Where do they set up? I'd think right on the quad with the Chapel/etc in the background.

on my tenative 2019 acc schedule i have clemson game as the week(6) after holy cross but if we run the table i may adjust to week 3

Last edited:
on my tenative 2019 acc schedule i have clemson game as the week after holy cross
Obviously, I don’t know this, but I would imagine the ACC Office might work with ESPN/Wildhack to maximize the odds of this happening. I could see Week 3. Or Week 5.

If it is Week 5, ACC could help by assigning a slightly easier ACC tilt in Week 3. Maybe Wake at The Dome. Or vs BC, who will be losing a boatload of seniors after this season.

on my tenative 2019 acc schedule i have clemson game as the week after holy cross
September 14th is an open date for SU and Clemson. If we beat Liberty and Maryland we will get Gameday.

I hope the AD is planting the seed for gameday for Clemson @ Cuse in a hot Dome for mid September 18
Obviously, I don’t know this, but I would imagine the ACC Office might work with ESPN/Wildhack to maximize the odds of this happening. I could see Week 3. Or Week 5.

If it is Week 5, ACC could help by assigning a slightly easier ACC tilt in Week 3. Maybe Wake at The Dome. Or vs BC, who will be losing a boatload of seniors after this season.

holy cross is wk 5 so wk 6 would make sense. Next year is a 2 bye week year so taking a week 3 bye would be ideal following the 2 road games to start. My thought is the acc and espn are going to put a blockbuster game in week 3 like clemson vs fsu to make sure we get the distribution we want of the acc network

September 14th is an open date for SU and Clemson. If we beat Liberty and Maryland we will get Gameday.

we could also be on a bye week that week since we get 2 next year

other scheduling notes i am thinking , next year we finally get the black friday night game vs bc since both teams are relatively good

im waiting until the florida schools finish there non conference schedule before continuing on my mock. Fsu has an fcs game to schedule, and miami has and fcs game along with another game to schedule

Can someone explain why we get 2 bye weeks next year? First I'm hearing of this
way the calendar breaks as week 1 is 8/31 and the last week is always the saturday after thanksgiving which is 11/30. I only knew this when i looked at the sec schedule for next year as it has 14 weeks which means 2 byes

in week 3 we are either playing clemson or fsu away(pending fsu scheduling its fcs game) or we're on a bye as nobody else with openings is on our schedule next year

Carnegie Library and the Saltine Warrior statue in the background.

Why is everyone so confident we’d get Gameday next year? It’s not like they owe us one.
comes with winning.. assuming we win 9 or 10 or 11 games this year, schedule next year sets up for us to be a contender and clemson is only game it would make sense and wildhacks espn connections

comes with winning.. assuming we win 9 or 10 or 11 games this year, schedule next year sets up for us to be a contender and clemson is only game it would make sense and wildhacks espn connections

I love Wildhack, but his connects didn’t get us Gameday this week when we were actually the biggest game of the week. After the last 20 years I’m not taking anything for granted and assuming the chance will be there again .

I love Wildhack, but his connects didn’t get us Gameday this week when we were actually the biggest game of the week. After the last 20 years I’m not taking anything for granted and assuming the chance will be there again .
if the game wasnt at yankee stadium we may have got it

if the game wasnt at yankee stadium we may have got it
Unfortunately it was and we didn’t get it. I’m just thinking his ESPN ties may be a bit overstated . Syracuse isn’t going to get any preferential treatment and it just showed.

Unfortunately it was and we didn’t get it. I’m just thinking his ESPN ties may be a bit overstated . Syracuse isn’t going to get any preferential treatment and it just showed.
I think it had to do with money and logistics.
I have no clue what type of connections he still has but we do here our name a lot and gameday even made a horrible pun two weeks ago with his last name.

Never said we would though

Us winning is more likely at yankee stadium that no stadium which is more important. I have watched maybe 1 hr of game day all yr

Us winning is more likely at yankee stadium that no stadium which is more important. I have watched maybe 1 hr of game day all yr
I took “connections” as an implication. Any way it’s irrelevant, just like the game they chose to go to.

As for watching Gameday I absolutely love it. It’s appointment tv for me”. If you’re lucky enough to be hosting it or playing in the game it’s basically 3 hours of profiling yo program. For where we were as a program and where we are now it would have been a huge feather in our cap. It could have been Babers coming out party and the re-introduction of Syracuse football back to the national scene. This is a monstrous bad break for the program.