Gameday Next Year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gameday Next Year

I took “connections” as an implication. Any way it’s irrelevant, just like the game they chose to go to.

As for watching Gameday I absolutely love it. It’s appointment tv for me”. If you’re lucky enough to be hosting it or playing in the game it’s basically 3 hours of profiling yo program. For where we were as a program and where we are now it would have been a huge feather in our cap. It could have been Babers coming out party and the re-introduction of Syracuse football back to the national scene. This is a monstrous bad break for the program.
Negative on that to the bad break. It’s irrelevant. To the comments of his connections being over stated, I’d say the same to Gamedays impact relevance to a program. And it’s all personal preference as to watching it. I can’t stand it. And I’m sure most recruits don’t put much of their time or attention to it.
Winning games is what will make the difference. Then recruiting. Getting to bowl games and having extra practices makes a difference.
ESPN chases controversies. They are going to UCF due to them likely getting shut out of the CFB playoffs again. Not due to their match-up,
Syracuse didn’t need the distraction this week or really any week next year.
They need to win and have fannies in the seats every week.

I took “connections” as an implication. Any way it’s irrelevant, just like the game they chose to go to.

As for watching Gameday I absolutely love it. It’s appointment tv for me”. If you’re lucky enough to be hosting it or playing in the game it’s basically 3 hours of profiling yo program. For where we were as a program and where we are now it would have been a huge feather in our cap. It could have been Babers coming out party and the re-introduction of Syracuse football back to the national scene. This is a monstrous bad break for the program.

I think those words were a little extreme. It’s not like it was at Syracuse anyways. Would have been nice but it’s not a bad break for program. This team is already getting recognition and it is showing by being ranked in the top 15.

I love Wildhack, but his connects didn’t get us Gameday this week when we were actually the biggest game of the week. After the last 20 years I’m not taking anything for granted and assuming the chance will be there again .
Screw CGD. I can’t stand Herbstreit is woefully ignorant.
I loved Corso years ago but since the stroke they have scripted everything he says( I get it though). David Pollock is a meathead’s meathead with all the cliches and dudes in his analysis. Desmond is the only who calls it straight.
The decision for this week makes me not want it.

I'm sure our game will be talked about at least as much as UFC and cincy
No chance this is true. They will have the UCF coach on during a segment live it and will be an infomercial for UCF on pounding the narrative they belong in the CFB and respect for the American.

Negative on that to the bad break. It’s irrelevant. To the comments of his connections being over stated, I’d say the same to Gamedays impact relevance to a program. And it’s all personal preference as to watching it. I can’t stand it. And I’m sure most recruits don’t put much of their time or attention to it.
Winning games is what will make the difference. Then recruiting. Getting to bowl games and having extra practices makes a difference.
ESPN chases controversies. They are going to UCF due to them likely getting shut out of the CFB playoffs again. Not due to their match-up,
Syracuse didn’t need the distraction this week or really any week next year.
They need to win and have fannies in the seats every week.

Wouldn’t say it’s irrelevsnt. Obviously I’m not the only person who watches. It’s usually more watched than most of the games that week. For example earlier this year https://.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/saturday-cable-ratings-sept-15-2018/ it was the 3rd most watched football show/game of the week (didn’t take the time to look up the rest).

People watch. Our national perception still sucks. This could have helped and it certainly wouldn’t have hurt.

Wouldn’t say it’s irrelevsnt. Obviously I’m not the only person who watches. It’s usually more watched than most of the games that week. For example earlier this year https://.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/saturday-cable-ratings-sept-15-2018/ it was the 3rd most watched football show/game of the week (didn’t take the time to look up the rest).

People watch. Our national perception still sucks. This could have helped and it certainly wouldn’t have hurt.
Winning the game will do more than enough

Let me ask ... less than a month ago, Wazzou hosted for the first time. Who was their opponent? I had to think about it for 5 minutes. It doesn’t even register.

The first Gameday at SU will be a “happening,” especially for the fanbase and the students. It’ll be warm and beautiful. It’ll be a benchmark moment for the program.

Delayed gratification folks. It is coming.

Question is, who will be our guest picker? Boeheim, Biden or Baldwin?

Why is everyone so confident we’d get Gameday next year? It’s not like they owe us one.

Because we're going to win our last 3 games, start the season ranked in the top 10, and the ACC will schedule the Clemson game on Sep 14 so it will still be warm the on air talent won't have to subject themselves to the conditions that made them so miserable yesterday.

Bing bang boom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom