Garrett Williams and Field Turf | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Williams and Field Turf

100% an ACL. Hope it’s not more.

Yea it must be. A trainer/ doctor can confirm a complete ACL tear almost immediately (where as other knee injuries are harder to diagnose).

With how emotional he was going into the tent, I’d be shocked if that wasn’t the situation.

He’ll miss the combine, but teams should be confident he’ll be 100% for the regular season.

Seems like a great kid. All the best to him on a speedy recovery whatever the injury.

Yea it must be. A trainer/ doctor can confirm a complete ACL tear almost immediately (where as other knee injuries are harder to diagnose).

With how emotional he was going into the tent, I’d be shocked if that wasn’t the situation.

He’ll miss the combine, but teams should be confident he’ll be 100% for the regular season.
A terrible injury for Garrett if this is his last game in orange. One of the great things in his favor as an NFL prospect is that the Syracuse defense showcases him on an island so there is a lot of film projecting his abilities in the NFL

I wonder if it is the turf.
We should keep a running tally of home and away season ending injuries. I swear the home turf is running away with this one.

Why don’t those type of injuries happen to the other team? There’s always another team on the field with us.
Then maybe it’s our cleats. At some point somebody up there needs to think it’s not just a coincidence and take a hard look.

I watch a lot of college football. I never seen this many season ending injuries with other teams. Is that 4 season ending knee injuries to starters? Is that the count ?
Happens plenty, I think Clemson has 3 to 4 starters at least

Last edited:
Yep thats the last we will ever see of GW in a Syracuse uniform. Hope it doesn't hurt his draft position to much, but it probably will, feel so bad for the kid. At this point if we can win 2 more games this year we have to call it a win

Why don’t those type of injuries happen to the other team? There’s always another team on the field with us.

What’s your theory rrlbees?

I believe this is the 9th serious knee injury since Sept 2021.

Could we, should we be doing something different in regards to training to reduce the number of these devastating injuries?

Could we, should we be doing something different in regards to training to reduce the number of these devastating injuries?

I have no idea and I wish I did.

Is that when the current surface was put in?

Is that when the current surface was put in?

I’m not sure when the new surface was put in (before or after the 2021 season). I’m sure someone here knows.

Either way, although we lost three players last spring (not sure on which surface those injuries occurred - at least one was in the Dome) and four (4?) so far this season, our opponents are playing against us on the same surface and I don’t recall seeing their guys go down they way we’ve seen our guys go down.

I was also wonder if there was something we could be doing during trading to prevent some of these injuries. Maybe our opponents are doing something we aren’t doing.

I’d love to hear some thoughts on this subject; injury prevention.

I’m not sure when the new surface was put in (before or after the 2021 season). I’m sure someone here knows.

Either way, although we lost three players last spring (not sure on which surface those injuries occurred - at least one was in the Dome) and four (4?) so far this season, our opponents are playing against us on the same surface and I don’t recall seeing their guys go down they way we’ve seen our guys go down.

I was also wonder if there was something we could be doing during trading to prevent some of these injuries. Maybe our opponents are doing something we aren’t doing.

I’d love to hear some thoughts on this subject; injury prevention.
Football is a violent game. The season is a war of attrition. The Ravens lost all three of their starting running backs before the season even started last year, for example. Teams use all kinds of techniques but they can't change anatomical architecture of the human knee, or bones and joints.

Playing in a multi purpose dome limits us to turf. I think we are more aware of our key injuries because we haven’t had great depth. And sometimes it’s a case of our guys being a bit undersized against bigger teams.

The turf in the Dome is terrible. It needs to be outlawed everywhere. And there is some momentum to do that
Yup. The NFL is going to make strong push motivated by players to play on grass only. Cooper Kupp and a lot of coaches said Friday how field turf is creating so many injuries and grass does not. Feel so bad for GW and worst off it probably just cost him millions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom