Garrett Williams and Field Turf | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Williams and Field Turf

I disagree. You win this game and you’re in the drivers seat to winning the division. It has to be all hands on deck to try and win this game.
Exactly, we’re coming for the ACC Championship right now. We all know that if this team plays their best ball, we are legit the best team in the conference.

Who is better, Clemson and Wake? WF.. no. Clemson, possibly but not if we’re playing mistake free.

Hoping it was the kind of injury where GW could have even tried to go back in the game, but decided to error on the side of caution. Now with a week of treatment, he's around 80-90%.

Is he available? I didn’t catch it? Just by watching his reaction I was thinking season ender.

I can assure you, after seeing Lowery on the field after the game last week that he seemed to be okay and def didn’t have a season ending injury

On another note, I think this is serious gameship by Dino regarding Williams. I think both him and deuce play. And I think he knows they’re playing. But hey, why give Clemson any advantage. Play your cards close. This game could essentially be a championship game. This kids are going to try to play through a lot to be out there Saturday

Wait...what??

Let's win SAT before we start saying stuff like Clemson is "possibly" better than us.

44cuse
Everyone in the country has crowned Clemson the best in the conference and it’s based more on the past than right here and now. All things being equal, and they are extremely equal on paper, my comment was very fair and balanced to both teams.

Clemson is loaded. They are deep and healthier than us. They are home. 58-1.
Facts are we are a 2 TD dog for a reason.
We can win but it will take our best effort and a break or two.
Id say if we played 10 times we win 2 maybe 3. This is a major hill to climb.

1666343340504.gif

Clemson is a very good program...Swinney has done a phenomenal job.
There is a reason they've won 58 straight at home. ... starts with O and ends with fishles.

Clemson is loaded. They are deep and healthier than us. They are home. 58-1.
Facts are we are a 2 TD dog for a reason.
We can win but it will take our best effort and a break or two.
Id say if we played 10 times we win 2 maybe 3. This is a major hill to climb.
Yeah that line, even down to 13.5, is sobering. We’ve beaten worse odds but when was the last time a ranked 6-0 team got that treatment by Vegas?

Yeah that line, even down to 13.5, is sobering. We’ve beaten worse odds but when was the last time a ranked 6-0 team got that treatment by Vegas?
It’s not “vegas treatment”, it’s realistic. There’s just too big of a talent gap even before the injuries. We won’t survive turnovers or multiple explosive play against us this week.

Need to play flawless football to have a chance and it hasn’t happened yet this season.

Exactly, we’re coming for the ACC Championship right now. We all know that if this team plays their best ball, we are legit the best team in the conference.

Who is better, Clemson and Wake? WF.. no. Clemson, possibly but not if we’re playing mistake free.
What if Clemson plays mistake free?
Btw, nobody plays mistake free. The better teams make fewer mistakes.

It’s not “vegas treatment”, it’s realistic. There’s just too big of a talent gap even before the injuries. We won’t survive turnovers or multiple explosive play against us this week.

Need to play flawless football to have a chance and it hasn’t happened yet this season.
Disagree, this Clemson team is good, not the caliber of their recent NC teams. We have to play well and can’t have lapses like UVA and Purdue . Perfect or flawless football is an ideal, never happens.

Last edited:
What if Clemson plays mistake free?
Btw, nobody plays mistake free. The better teams make fewer mistakes.
My point is that we have the potential to be the best team in our conference, and I believe we might be already. Do you think our ceiling is lower than that?

I think it is BS and I don't think its realistic. Out of the good teams they played; @Wake they went to overtime with, Home against NC State they won by 10. At Florida State they won by 6. This spread is because we have "Orange" written on our jersey. Disrespectful. Over the past 5 years nobody has played Clemson closer than us and we are currently one of a handful of teams still undefeated. Any year where our team was decent we played right there with them.

2021 Clemson wins 17-14
2020 Clemson wins 47-21 (We were not good this year)
2019 Clemsom wins 41-6 (We were just awful this year)
2018 Clemson wins 27-23
2017 Syracuse wins 27-24

I think 13.5 spread is ridiculous. We may not win but I expect it to be closer than 13.5. This spread is mostly because of perception. Syracuse has been one of the best teams against the spread the past couple years. I don't bet on games but if I did i'd take Syracuse in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
I think it is BS and I don't think its realistic. Out of the good teams they played; @Wake they went to overtime with, Home against NC State they won by 10. At Florida State they won by 6. This spread is because we have "Orange" written on our jersey. Disrespectful. Over the past 5 years nobody has played Clemson closer than us and we are currently one of a handful of teams still undefeated. Any year where our team was decent we played right there with them.

2021 Clemson wins 17-14
2020 Clemson wins 47-21 (We were not good this year)
2019 Clemsom wins 41-6 (We were just awful this year)
2018 Clemson wins 27-23
2017 Syracuse wins 27-24

I think 13.5 spread is ridiculous. We may not win but I expect it to be closer than 13.5. Because of perception, Syracuse has been one of the best teams against the spread the past couple years. I don't bet on games but if I did i'd take Syracuse in a heartbeat.
I think so to, I think that spread should have been much lower. They got 7 pts for the perception of programs over the past several years.

My point is that we have the potential to be the best team in our conference, and I believe we might be already. Do you think our ceiling is lower than that?
I don't put ceilings on teams. I've stated such many times on this forum. Every team has the ability to go 12-0 until they lose a game. The only ceiling I look at has a mirror on it.;)
I was asking a clarifying question to determine who is better. Your statement left it open because you said we are a better team than Clemson if we play mistake free. I wanted to know if you think we are still the better team if Clemson plays mistake free as well.

If GW was playing then DB would’ve said as much. Anything less and you can assume he’s not playing. Otherwise you’re drawing attention to a guy who is not 100% and you can be sure Clemson will test that matchup.

I don't put ceilings on teams. I've stated such many times on this forum. Every team has the ability to go 12-0 until they lose a game. The only ceiling I look at has a mirror on it.;)
I was asking a clarifying question to determine who is better. Your statement left it open because you said we are a better team than Clemson if we play mistake free. I wanted to know if you think we are still the better team if Clemson plays mistake free as well.
Yes all things being equal I think we can beat them head to head. Their roster is deeper and more talented than ours but if we beat them tomorrow, we are the better team. That is not out of the realm of possibility.

Our team has yet to give me a reason to doubt them and I’m not gonna start now.

lots of unknowns in how this game plays out.. Will we stop the Clemson power running game is the main one. if we limit, that we have pieces to all the other issues. But we cant have another 2-3-4 TO game on bad plays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom