Garrett Williams and Field Turf | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Williams and Field Turf

SevereNegligibleKitfox-max-1mb.gif

Honestly, it feels like we're all so excited, we need something to kill the time til kickoff.

Syracusefan.com is that thing.

Just been thinking since I woke up this morning how badly I want GW to be out there. I think the way to win this game is stack the box to stop Shipley, and put pressure on DJ. DJ is much improved, but maybe we could see some regression if the 3-3-5 confuses him and puts pressure in his face. I really like our DBs when healthy 1 on 1 against their WRs. Think GW health could be pivotal.

One other thing, the referees. I worry that the referees will be making calls base on having southern blood.
I can assure you, if anyone is complaining about officials and calls its been Clemson. They avg almost 100 penalty yards a game and still winning, they arguably have the one of the best if not the best front 4 in the nation and for some reason can't draw a single holding call in a game. So, I wouldn't worry to much of the officiating, they've had plenty to go against them. Which says alot, because if teams like Wake, FSU and NC ST (with Leary), couldn't beat them despite them avg 100 penalty yards then its tough sledding. Main reason why those games weren't bigger than they were. I read a comment about NC ST scoring late, and that was a reason. It was 30-13 Clemson, NC ST got bailed on a 4th down roughing the passer called that was hardly a love tap, and then scored to finish in a 30-20 final.

Reactions: gbo
I disagree as well. They have Bresee back and he's rounding into shape. That's a game changer for them.
Not only Bresee, but XT as well. This will probably be their first game with the entire defense at full strength and up to speed all season. They've been penalty ridden pretty hard, especially in the secondary, which has kept alot of games closer than it needed to be. They led Wake by 14, NC ST by 17 and FSU by 20, but all ended up close late.

Not only Bresee, but XT as well. This will probably be their first game with the entire defense at full strength and up to speed all season. They've been penalty ridden pretty hard, especially in the secondary, which has kept alot of games closer than it needed to be. They led Wake by 14, NC ST by 17 and FSU by 20, but all ended up close late.
Quit holding and interfering then. Sheesh!

Nobody wants to hear this dammit! Quit killing our buzz man! ;)

When did I say Clemson took their foot off the gas against State? State scored with a minute left in the game against backups and walk-ons.

If you can't tell the difference between a healthy Leary and whoever suited up against you guys, I don't know what to tell you...

Nobody wants to hear this dammit! Quit killing our buzz man! ;)
so it doesnt count that SU led UL by 24. Virg by 16, Purdue by 10 , nc st by 11 then because games got tighter later and Su had like 18 penalities vs Purdue and 12 vs Virg. And you cant say a team stepped off the gas when you build the lead with 4 min to go.

Clemson has more talent but they have made a ton of mistakes more than just having some penalties called on them to make the games closer. what they havent done is really turn the ball over

State scored a touchdown in garbage time and Clemson clearly took their foot off the pedal in the 4th against FSU. Syracuse can absolutely win but to discount Clemson is disingenuous.

And FSU put up nearly 100 more total yards but had an issue putting it in the endzone (which seems to be a common problem for them) and had 10 more first downs. After the FSU score to make it a two score game with 9 mins left Clemson still had the starters in but struggled to move the ball. One of the Clemson FGs were setup by a turnover on downs and they couldn't punch it in and put them away.

I would say foot off the gas is a bit generous. By no means is this to discount Clemson but if you look at how the second half played out I wouldn't call it taking their foot off the gas ... FSU did make some solid adjustments. Two Clemson scores were setup by turnovers (on downs and fumble) and they didn't have to travel that far to put up points. If Cuse doesn't turn it over this could be interesting.

As for state scoring in garbage time that is true to a degree but it still made it a 1 score game with a minute left. Similar situation with NC State ... two scores setup by turnovers and it was a 3 point game at half ... there is no doubt Clemson is talented I just think you are dismissing how close those games were.

Can we get our best Talent into space and can we get a WR to beat someone for an easy TD. not sure we can just slog our way down the field 3-4 times in this game.
Would like to see the first play, Shrader drops back throws the ball long Alford runs under it for a TD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom