Gary Gait! | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Gary Gait!

Sounds like something you'd say about someone you're about to hire?

“It would be interesting,” Gait acknowledged of a Pietramala addition to his staff. “He’s an incredible friend and he’s won a couple championships at Hopkins. He’s an amazing person and, you know, we’d be lucky to get a guy like that.”

“It would be interesting,” Gait acknowledged of a Pietramala addition to his staff. “He’s an incredible friend and he’s won a couple championships at Hopkins. He’s an amazing person and, you know, we’d be lucky to get a guy like that.”

At this point it would only be shocking if it wasn't him.

Get ready for the lacrosse world to be turned on its proverbial tuchas. Good and evil are about to unite to save the universe.

According to a very reliable source, it’s already a done deal.

Very nice press conference. Liked his story about the daughter wanting the louis vuitton bag while the family was living in Denver. Paraphrasing "One of those magic moments when I knew it was time to take the SU women's job and move back to Syracuse."

Get ready for the lacrosse world to be turned on its proverbial tuchas. Good and evil are about to unite to save the universe.

According to a very reliable source, it’s already a done deal.
I'm a Pietromala fan and loved watching him play. His aggressive smash mouth style of defense will be a welcome addition. So I am hoping that it is true being a "done deal."

Did he really ‘leave’ SU men’s lacrosse family to be heralded for his return when he has been right here in Syracuse coaching SU women for almost 14 years? Maybe it’s the wording of the headline more than the sentiment expressed because it sounded strange and rather insulting to his coaching success with the women’s program to me personally. Hope it’s just poor wording.

I'm a Pietromala fan and loved watching him play. His aggressive smash mouth style of defense will be a welcome addition. So I am hoping that it is true being a "done deal."
Different era regrading physicality. Critique Rogers but he is one tough sob who is in the same vein as Petro as far as that Officials as in any sport let them play in playoffs much moreso than regular season but some also had to be more disciplined. Besides the tricky tack crap called these days, a few incurred some dumb sss penalties that were easy to flag such as cross checks to helmets and clear slashes . Team as a whole had more penalties than opponents and that hurt as man down was poor. .

If he does in fact end up as the DC I will be interested to see what kind of style he implements. I will say I recall reading a lot of complaining from Hopkins fans on the other lax site about how passive/non-aggressive they felt the defense had become.

If he does in fact end up as the DC I will be interested to see what kind of style he implements. I will say I recall reading a lot of complaining from Hopkins fans on the other lax site about how passive/non-aggressive they felt the defense had become.

Correct, Petro's style his last really decade or so was more of a finesse, stick skill heavy defense with complex slides and movements. I am hopeful that he would adjust to more of an aggressive style to suit what Gait wants to do and to change it up after his more passive style really struggled the last handful of years at Hop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom