General Fantasy Football Talk | Syracusefan.com

General Fantasy Football Talk

jekelish

Living Legend
So I need some quick advice on a potential trade.

I've got both Aaron Rodgers and Colin Kaepernick, and my RBs are a little weak (Alfred Morris, Frank Gore, DeAngelo Williams are my top three). I might have the ability to swap Rodgers for Shady McCoy right now.

I love Aaron Rodgers. I've had him on my team for four straight years (keeper league). I could keep him for three more years based on how we do our keepers; Kaepernick I can keep for two more years (basically in our league, you give up a draft pick two spots above where you picked someone, and you can't keep someone who was a 1st or 2nd round pick...I grabbed Rodgers his first year as a starter in the 15th round so after four years, he was a 7th round guy this year; Kaepernick I snagged in the 6th, so I can keep him two years).

So basically, I'd go from:

Rodgers, Morris, Gore, Williams...to Kaepernick, Shady, Morris, Gore. Shady was a 1st round pick this year, so he's a one and done for me. I have Morris locked up for awhile since I picked him up as a UFA last year.

Would you do this?

I hate giving up Rodgers. He's my favorite non-Eagles player.

Makes the decision a little bit tougher, but I still think McCoy is worth it. Kaepernick has all the skills to put up big numbers. Your call.

Don't do it. QB's are way more valuable in fantasy than RB's (unless you have unconventional scoring). The top QBs score more than the top RBs. I'd say you're good with Morris, DW and Gore as long as you can keep Kaep and Aaron. I do a couple leagues for $500 and would never do this trade. Just an FYI. BTW, McCoy won't continue like this so you would be buying high anyways. Rodgers is the tit.

I'm just pissed right now because Bullock just missed that 51 yarder. I'm down 1 point right now, and I have Bullock while my opponent has Foster. A 51 yarder in my league is 5 points, so that would have been HUGE.

Freaking kickers, man.

I'm just pissed right now because Bullock just missed that 51 yarder. I'm down 1 point right now, and I have Bullock while my opponent has Foster. A 51 yarder in my league is 5 points, so that would have been HUGE.

Freaking kickers, man.
KICKERS GOTTA KICK

I would trade at least one of those guys. After watching tonight, Rodgers for Shady is pretty solid, especially when you can plug in Kaep and get similar value. 6 points/TD makes it a little tougher though.

Don't do it. QB's are way more valuable in fantasy than RB's (unless you have unconventional scoring). The top QBs score more than the top RBs. I'd say you're good with Morris, DW and Gore as long as you can keep Kaep and Aaron. I do a couple leagues for $500 and would never do this trade. Just an FYI. BTW, McCoy won't continue like this so you would be buying high anyways. Rodgers is the tit.

While true, the difference between the top QB and the 10th QB won't be as drastic as the point difference between a top RB and a bottom tier RB.

Also, any reason you don't think McCoy will still play at a high level? Looks like this system is perfect for him. Pissed I didn't grab him in my leagues.

QBs are definitely not more valuable than RBs. They score more, on average, but a top RB can put up just as big a game as a top QB, and you need two (or three with flex) RBs per lineup. There are also fewer elite RBs than QBs in my opinion, and as GoHam said, you can live with a midlevel quarterback in fantasy if the rest of your team is good. The difference usually isn't as great as say - the one between Peterson and Ahmad Bradshaw.

In any of the pay leagues I'm in, the QB's usually take up the top 8 in scoring. So to me, I'd rather have 2 guys in the top 8 with a few serviceable RBs than 1 elite QB and 1 elite RB. I guess it comes down to scoring, so that's where our opinions differ.

Also, no I absolutely do not think that McCoy will put up gaudy numbers all year. Teams will begin to figure it out, especially once Vick gets hurt which is bound to happen in this offense.

See, the thing is we only play one QB in my league, so it doesn't matter if I have two guys in the top 8 in scoring at that position because one of them will be on my bench every week but one, barring an injury. I can plug in a random QB in the bye week and get 15 points. (Rodgers got me 28 and Kaepernick got 33 in my league, so it's a drop off, but when you consider how much better my RBs would be if I add Shady, it makes it worthwhile to me for that one week).

Haha, oh wow.

Do this and it's not close.
I <3 Rodgers too.

See, the thing is we only play one QB in my league, so it doesn't matter if I have two guys in the top 8 in scoring at that position because one of them will be on my bench every week but one, barring an injury. I can plug in a random QB in the bye week and get 15 points. (Rodgers got me 28 and Kaepernick got 33 in my league, so it's a drop off, but when you consider how much better my RBs would be if I add Shady, it makes it worthwhile to me for that one week).

How many teams in the league? I hate 1 QB leagues. I play in 12 man leagues with 2 QBs... makes the draft so much more strategic.

How many teams in the league? I hate 1 QB leagues. I play in 12 man leagues with 2 QBs... makes the draft so much more strategic.
We are in a 12 team league.

And I've worked out a trade that I think is on the verge of happening:

He gets Aaron Rodgers and Frank Gore

I get LeSean McCoy and Vincent Jackson

So suddenly my lineup will be:

QB: Colin Kaepernick
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Alfred Morris
WR: AJ Green
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: Vincent Jackson
TE: Brandon Myers or Tyler Eifert
Flex: (DeAngelo Williams/James Jones/Brian Hartline/Kendall Hunter/Michael Floyd)
D/ST: Whichever team I happen to pick up for that week (I'm not huge on defenses being important)

EDIT: Just accepted the trade. I hate losing Rodgers but it gives me a big upgrade at RB and WR without losing much at QB.

Last edited:
I'd like to try this thing I call a "bully's" league. The concept is simple - the winner of a match up is required to propose a trade to the loser of any one of his players, for any one of the loser's players NOT on their can't cut list. The loser must accept the trade. This continues up until the point of the league playoffs.

I think it would be interesting because teams could be upward- or downwardly mobile throughout the season depending on how they perform. While winning potentially strengthens a team, they also have to be careful with the trades they propose.

Anyway, that's what this mad scientist has been cooking up lately.

And I've worked out a trade that I think is on the verge of happening:

He gets Aaron Rodgers and Frank Gore

I get LeSean McCoy and Vincent Jackson

So suddenly my lineup will be:

QB: Colin Kaepernick
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Alfred Morris
WR: AJ Green
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: Vincent Jackson
TE: Brandon Myers or Tyler Eifert
Flex: (DeAngelo Williams/James Jones/Brian Hartline/Kendall Hunter/Michael Floyd)
D/ST: Whichever team I happen to pick up for that week (I'm not huge on defenses being important)

EDIT: Just accepted the trade. I hate losing Rodgers but it gives me a big upgrade at RB and WR without losing much at QB.

It's a solid trade for you. Having both QBs was only going to pay off one week for you, assuming Kaep can stay healthy, no matter who you kept. Shady looks like he may have a crazy year and V-Jax is always solid

drop your kickers and pick up Caleb Sturgis.

You're welcome

I would have tried trading Kaepernick in this scenario. Rodgers had more long term value for you and McCoy is only a rental. With Rodgers on the block, you could have upgraded your RB AND TE position if you were going all in this year. At worst, you could have wrangled a future draft choice out of him or a long term asset.

At worst, you could have wrangled a future draft choice out of him
I'm clearly not the fantasy sports guy I thought. I hadn't heard of draft pick trades actually happening.

Yeah we don't trade draft picks in my league. And I did offer Kaepernick first, but he didn't bite. I love Rodgers but I need to pull out all the stops to defend my championship.

I just hope I don't get karmic retribution for trading my long time QB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom