Georgetown Attendance | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown Attendance

I'm kind of PO'd about the ticket situation. I went on ticketmaster 20 minutes after the tickets went on sale, with the express purpose of getting some G'town tickets; however, the best 300 level seats available at that time were even with or behind the bleachers. I figured I could snag some reasonably priced seats on stubhub, that weren't so sucky, but I was clearly wrong lol. The fact that people or businesses can grab up huge sections of seats (I assume this is what happened) and resell them at such a large markup is pretty ridiculous. But I digress. I'll be at plenty of good games this year, including Notre Dame and L'ville, so I can't complain too much.

Back to your point about the attendance; I think this game is going to break the record and I don't think it will be all that close. 36,000+ is my guess. Last Big East game against our longest, most hated rival and Melo's jersey being honored.

I'm kind of PO'd about the ticket situation. I went on ticketmaster 20 minutes after the tickets went on sale, with the express purpose of getting some G'town tickets; however, the best 300 level seats available at that time were even with or behind the bleachers. I figured I could snag some reasonably priced seats on stubhub, that weren't so sucky, but I was clearly wrong lol. The fact that people or businesses can grab up huge sections of seats (I assume this is what happened) and resell them at such a large markup is pretty ridiculous. But I digress. I'll be at plenty of good games this year, including Notre Dame and L'ville, so I can't complain too much.

Back to your point about the attendance; I think this game is going to break the record and I don't think it will be all that close. 36,000+ is my guess. Last Big East game against our longest, most hated rival and Melo's jersey being honored.

I only was able to get tickets to this game because I bought a "six game mini-pack" this year. This was the premiere game in that pack and I knew I wanted to be at the GT game.

I bought that pack back in late September, otherwise I'm sure I'd be in your same situation.

I'm in same boat. I keep checking ticketmaster every day but no luck. Stubhub will be my last resort.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

I'm in same boat. I keep checking ticketmaster every day but no luck. Stubhub will be my last resort.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2
I expect the prices on stubhub to come down to under $100 for most seats as we get closer. I need two and have been checking just about everyday. I'm not too concerned. For the Villanova 34,616 game, I paid $45 for 200 level seats.

PA your one of my favorite SU fans of all time! :)

As per ticketmaster...http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0000493BB72FBA50?artistid=841529&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7

...this game may be a "sell-out."

I have tickets, and I'm super pumped, because I missed the record setting Nova game. Anyone think it'll break the record?

Having Melo's # retired at half-time can't hurt, no?

Wow, I can't believe this is going to be sell-out, who would have thought it. Our #1 rival playing probably their last game in the dome and Carmelo getting his jersey retired. What a shocker!

Wow, I can't believe this is going to be sell-out, who would have thought it. Our #1 rival playing probably their last game in the dome and Carmelo getting his jersey retired. What a shocker!

No one knew that Carmelo was getting his jersey retired at this game until about two weeks ago. Sure it's the last BE game against GT, but earlier this year, there was a lot of talk about GT and SU playing home and aways in subsequent years. That talk has since dried up.

I think when the schedule was released people imagined it would be a HUGE crowd, but I don't think people could have anticipated it being a COMPLETE sell out.

Speaking of the Sheraton I have 5 rooms booked and probably only using 4. Let me know if someone wants it. Expensive though. And 2 nigh min Friday and Saturday

Speaking of the Sheraton I have 5 rooms booked and probably only using 4. Let me know if someone wants it. Expensive though. And 2 nigh min Friday and Saturday
Let the record show... I have bought Goodroc's extra room. Thank you, Goodroc. When the heck did you reserve them? Last September?

I only was able to get tickets to this game because I bought a "six game mini-pack" this year. This was the premiere game in that pack and I knew I wanted to be at the GT game.

I bought that pack back in late September, otherwise I'm sure I'd be in your same situation.

I bought that for the same reason. We only had to eat 1 of the OOC games. My other 2 Big East games along with G'town are St. John's and Providence.

I bought that for the same reason. We only had to eat 1 of the OOC games. My other 2 Big East games along with G'town are St. John's and Providence.

I got lucky with my other two BE games. I picked Rutgers (ended up being #903), and DePaul (which will be the last BE home game).

Safe to say those are two "great" games against "crappy" BE opponents.

36,000+ is my guess.

You are not familiar with how attendance works for these games then. Capacity is whatever SU wants it to be. They might release a couple hundred more seats but they'll want to break the record every few years.

Would love to see some old players on both sides of the rivalry there for a pre-game ceremony.

And of course...this thread becomes irrelevant when Duke plays their first game at the Dome in ACC play next year.

The Dome doesn't have anywhere close to 36,000 seats that have a view of the court. If the record were to be broken, it'd be with something like 34,700.

And Nova sold out four weeks before the game. We're two weeks out now and still ~2,000 shy of a sell-out.

But you shouldn't give up looking - there are a number of unreleased tickets that aren't long-range view. They'll show up on Ticketmaster in coming days.

For the life of me, I still don't understand why they can't find an engineering solution to add more portable seating behind the existing pullout section. It would be the equivalent of the 200-level seating - so they could still charge a premium for that space. And there's your answer to increasing the capacity beyond its current limits.

Why exactly is this so difficult to execute?

as per Donna D. in yesterday's Q&A: "...there have been alterations in the dome that will allow more than the record 34,616 to get in there for Georgetown."

The Dome doesn't have anywhere close to 36,000 seats that have a view of the court. If the record were to be broken, it'd be with something like 34,700.

And Nova sold out four weeks before the game. We're two weeks out now and still ~2,000 shy of a sell-out.

But you shouldn't give up looking - there are a number of unreleased tickets that aren't long-range view. They'll show up on Ticketmaster in coming days.

from the map on ticket master and quick math, there doesn't seem to be more than 700 tickets available.

For the life of me, I still don't understand why they can't find an engineering solution to add more portable seating behind the existing pullout section. It would be the equivalent of the 200-level seating - so they could still charge a premium for that space. And there's your answer to increasing the capacity beyond its current limits.

Why exactly is this so difficult to execute?

Think it may block the view of more seats behind the bleacher seating that they sell in the upper deck than it would produce in new seats. Not a worthwhile ROI