Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown

With a big win over 25th ranked Texas. Will be a tough game.

Yuertsen looked good when he was picking up fouls and Wahab looked like he would have started here.

Yuertsen looked good when he was picking up fouls and Wahab looked like he would have started here.
How do you look good picking up fouls ?

How do you look good picking up fouls ?

he looked really good and totally changed the game in the 2nd half when Gtown emphasized feeding him the ball. He's averaging 16 and 11 on the season and will be a problem when we face them. Akinjo and McClung are fast guards and i worry a bit about our guards ability to keep them out of the lane. Will be a very tough road matchup

Cuse!

They are going to be a handful - Yurt - if they pass him the ball - will foul our front line out in about 20 minutes.

Interesting that KenPom wasn't as high on Texas as the human polls. Could just mean that Texas was overrated.

McClung is the wild card. Need to keep an eye on him and not let him get going. Akinjo getting into the lane is also a concern as they have some guys who slash and crash well, especially LeBlanc.

Yurt isn't bad but I think our bigs actually match up ok with him because he isn't that explosive. Wahab is solid, still very raw and not ready to be dominant. He worries me more than Yurt though based on matchups and athleticism.

To add in. Texas may not be as high on Ken Pom but they have a good win going on the road and beating Purdue. Purdue, once they figure things out with some new faces should be solid and knocking back on the door of the top 25 by year end.

They are not a great shooting team. Pack in the zone. I wonder how we will score. Marek needs to start being aggressive on offense all the time. He can be a play maker.

My first trip ever for @gtown... We aint losing

It's a blast of an away game. Clydes is wall-to-wall SU fans before and after, and Coleman is usually there handing out free bear hugs. After the game, especially if we win, you'll ask yourself "I can't believe some people want to discontinue this very fun series"

If this was the old Big East... where would SU be ranked among those teams

They play very good defense and Ewing basically runs out 2 squads: Akinjo, Maclung, and a couple of bigs, and a bigger squad with the frosh, Turkish dude, and Michael Graham- like thugs.
I loathe Gtown obviously, but Ewing’s got them playing w/ swag and looking pretty rough. JG3 and our guards will have a big test vs that press defense. Our backcourt this year is in the same place theirs was last year- young and inexperienced. We’ll need to play VERY well to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom