Georgetown's Qudus Wahab transferring to Maryland | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown's Qudus Wahab transferring to Maryland

From a Georgetown fan forum:
But most transfers are guys that are either unhappy with their playing time or small school players looking to level up.
I can’t think of another program that plays in a solid basketball conference and regularly sees its top contributors leave each year. It’s baffling.
Emphasis mine. Sometimes the most obvious answer is the one in front of you.

Ummmm well, there’s very few kids I want the staff to actually pursue in the portal that are posted or talked about here. But this is a kid that would elevate this team to another level. Just show this kid tape of Kadary running point and dropping dimes. We need to pursue this kid HARD and we were close to getting him out of high school. I can’t elaborate enough how much better we would be with him.

1) we would be better on defense. A legit big, with size to clog up the back of the zone and block shots

2) Imagine Kadary running point. Kadary driving getting into the lane at will. Dishing it off or lobbing alley ops to Wahab. Oh Wahab is covered? Guess Richmond just has to dish it outside to Buddy since buddy’s guy is sliding over for help defense since Kadary beat his guy off the dribble.

I mean a line up of: (assuming AG, Marek, Sidibe leav

PG-Kadary (6-6)
SG-Buddy (6-6)
SF-Benny (6-8)
PF-Quincy (6-7)
C-Wahab (7-0)

Rotation
JG3 (6-1)
Braswell (6-7)
Edwards (6-11)
Frank (6-10) can play center or PF

That is unreal size for our starters and thats a legit championship contender caliber team

Last edited:
Is it the name Qudus? It looks like it should have another vowel, right? I’m with you on that.

You mean constenant and that his name should actually start with a J? I'm with trueblue I'll pass.

Id love to sit out the whole transfer thing this year and just have Benny be the only newcomer.

Ummmm well, there’s very few kids I want the staff to actually pursue in the portal that are posted or talked about here. But this is a kid that would elevate this team to another level. Just show this kid tape of Kadary running point and dropping dimes. We need to pursue this kid HARD and we were close to getting him out of high school. I can’t elaborate enough how much better we would be with him.

1) we would be better on defense. A legit big, with size to clog up the back of the zone and block shots

2) Imagine Kadary running point. Kadary driving getting into the lane at will. Dishing it off or lobbing alley ops to Wahab. Oh Wahab is covered? Guess Richmond just has to dish it outside to Buddy since buddy’s guy is sliding over for help defense since Kadary beat his guy off the dribble.

PG-Kadary (6-6)
SG-Buddy (6-6)
SF-Benny (6-8)
PF-Quincy (6-7)
C-Wahab (7-0)

Rotation
JG3 (6-1)
Braswell (6-7)
Edwards (6-11)

That is unreal size for our starters and thats a legit championship contender caliber team

that lineup is EPIC

PG-Kadary (6-6)
SG-Buddy (6-6)
SF-Benny (6-8)
PF-Quincy (6-7)
C-Wahab (7-0)

Rotation
JG3 (6-1)
Braswell (6-7)
Edwards (6-11)

Literally our best case scenario for us next year ... hope it comes to fruition

You mean constenant and that his name should actually start with a J?
No, I mean after the first “u”. There needs to be an “a” or something. We are used to the “Qu” being like “kw”. How do you go straight into the “d” from that? I just don’t trust a guy with a name like that. What did he do with the “a”? That’s all I’m saying.

PG-Kadary (6-6)
SG-Buddy (6-6)
SF-Benny (6-8)
PF-Quincy (6-7)
C-Wahab (7-0)

Rotation
JG3 (6-1)
Braswell (6-7)
Edwards (6-11)

Man if Marek comes back with that group... We might be the best offense in the country

Man if Marek comes back with that group... We might be the best offense in the country
9 man rotation. We’ve done it before, when the talent dictated it. Maybe Braswell could cross train at guard in the zone. He has the length and quickness, I believe. Especially if they can get him pain free.

This is nuts...we can definitely expect to lose some guys the way this is going for other schools. This is a kid that is playing for one of his idols growing up and wanted to go to Big Man University. Sure they haven't been very good but he did get to experience winning the BE Tournament and getting into the dance. The portal is crazy and its only getting crazier by the day...its like NBA free agency with the Woj bombs. The portal is going to be need some serious antibiotics because its about to be pounded harder then...well you know what I mean!
The guy was starting and got to go to experience all of that

These coaches have to be asking themselves, "What does it take to keep these kids here? its unreal

PG-Kadary (6-6)
SG-Buddy (6-6)
SF-Benny (6-8)
PF-Quincy (6-7)
C-Wahab (7-0)

Rotation
JG3 (6-1)
Braswell (6-7)
Edwards (6-11)

I love this...now just gotta hope Kadary stays...but let's be real even if Kadary stays you need to switch the starting PG around...hes coming off the bench again.

*ducks*

What is all this telling us? There are legit guys who got legit PT leaving - why? What is this saying about the the college basketball experience?
Is it a ploy, where these players are creating an underground network to prove to the establishment the power they have? the chaos and headaches they can cause to coaches?

reminds me of the American labor movement

I love this...now just gotta hope Kadary stays...but let's be real even if Kadary stays you need to switch the starting PG around...hes coming off the bench again.

*ducks*
I understand your logic, based on history. But, hell no. That kid, if healthy, is going to start and KILL it next year. The dome will be full and rocking. Kadary will run for mayor...and win. He may not be smiling now, but he will be.

*ducks*
Even if he comes off the bench, look at Waiters...I’m okay with him coming off the bench just give him starter minutes. He literally does EVERYTHING better than Joe except for shooting. Better ball handler, better passer, better getting into the lane, better rebounder, better at defense, better athlete.

Can I anonymously throw money through the portal for this to happen?!
Raining Money GIF by memecandy

Even if he comes off the bench, look at Waiters...I’m okay with him coming off the bench just give him starter minutes. He literally does EVERYTHING better than Joe except for shooting. Better ball handler, better passer, better getting into the lane, better rebounder, better at defense, better athlete.
And Joe isn’t even that bad...now. Not great at breaking the press. But, Kadary is otherworldly in that regard. Kadary has to start. He has to. I don’t know him, but I get the feeling that it means something to him. If I am JB, and I’m clearly not, I talk to Joe first. I let him know that I think he’s great and he is an important part of this team. But, to win a championship next year, Kadary has to man the wheel. Then I would explain it to Kadary. Give him a hug and tell him that you believe in him and the team is behind him. Some people will think that is too much, but I think this kid is that special. It may just be this Mio energy I added to my water getting me all jacked up, but whatever.

Can I anonymously throw money through the portal for this to happen?!
Yes, but you have to do it the proper way. I’ll give you my PayPal, I’ll take care of it for you.

Whattttt

This is what I mean. These kids are making rash decisions. The one-year sit out rule was meant to guard against that—and not leave programs in the lurch.

I think Edwards could be really good for us.

That said... if Wahab wants to be here, I wouldn't even blink.
I’m sure Edwards will be in the portal when all is said and done. The NCAA is on its way to ruining college basketball. The fans are what drive all the revenue from television eyeballs and tickets and merch, and the fans are gonna revolt if this continues. At the very least there will be a slow bleed of fans from the game because of this nonsense.

Basically every kid is on a one year desl with an opt out option
Ewing did a great job developing that kid. Grass isn’t always greener going to a blue blood though. Look what happened with Sarr at UK this season.
Sarr should be a cautionary tale for all these kids who think the grass is greener.

I’m sure Edwards will be in the portal when all is said and done. The NCAA is on its way to ruining college basketball. The fans are what drive all the revenue from television eyeballs and tickets and merch, and the fans are gonna revolt if this continues. At the very least there will be a slow bleed of fans from the game because of this nonsense.
College basketball will be fine. We get this is how you feel, you've made it very clear, but the sport will survive.

It's supposed to be about the kids and this is a rule that needs to happen for the kids. The money will be there for as long as March Madness exists and people will continue to support their alma maters or favorite teams regardless of the turnover. If you choose not to do so the sport will be fine without you.

It would be surprising if he transferred to Syracuse. What's changed here since he picked Georgetown over SU before?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom