Georgia inks new 10-year, $152.5M marketing, multimedia rights deal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia inks new 10-year, $152.5M marketing, multimedia rights deal

Of course. With matching meathead mustache.

DrPhil_wig_beard_Set__82910.1404282466.500.750.jpg
and now life imitates art...

and now life imitates art...

Holy crap that was awesome.

That area used to have a ton of surface parking and the only bar was The Rock. Amazing. Being halfway b/t The White House and Capitol doesn't hurt either.

Turner Field was FedEx Field bad as far as fan experience.

There's literally nothing else, sports-wise in Georgia aside from UGA football and the Falcons.

Nobody cares about the Hawks, Braves, Tech etc. The new MLS team may become the third most popular team given the tickets they've already sold.

Must be nice to have your college team be equal to your pro team and that be the end all/be all for the entire state.

ehhh - you have just lived there in a crappy time for Braves. The Braves are very popular.

I went to a game there in 2011 as part of a bachelor party and I did notice how surprisingly underdeveloped the area around the stadium was. Usually new stadiums are magnets for new bars/restaurants.

Was a big fight between the city and the Braves. Braves obviously wanted development around the area but the city would never allow it. A huge part in the Braves saying screw it, we are moving and now own their own land and stadium and literally built their own entire development.

The Battery Atlanta – Braves development at SunTrust Park

Why in God's name does Atlanta need a new baseball stadium? Turner Field was built in 1997, and it's a very nice park.

well - it was built in 1996 for the Olympics. They just polished it off after the olympics ended for 1997 season. But there are soooo many issues with it - Its way too big @ 55,000, its nothing but surface lots, and as long island said - the location is horrific. a Huge chunk of the fan base lives 30 minutes + away. And not to be too demographic here, but 99% of the stuff Bruce Levenson said was correct - Atl is very segregated. North - white, South - black. And the city is actually very very small population wise (ranks somewhere in the 40's - metro is 8th or 9th) meaning more than 90% of metro population lives outside of the city limits. Turner is just on the southern side of the middle of the city. Stereotypically, not the best place to put a baseball stadium.

Turner, though, was actually some of the best money olympics ever spent. Got a crap ton more usage than most other ghost stadiums being built now. But the Braves didnt own it and didnt have control over the area. It is now being sold to GA State for their athletic complex, dorms, and other stuff continuing the excellent job Atl did with getting extended use out of the olympics. By far the most under appreciated aspect of a Games that had a lot of scandal (bombing, bribes, over commercialized, back room good ole boy deals)

Last edited:
well - it was built in 1996 for the Olympics. They just polished it off after the olympics ended for 1997 season.

It was actually some of the best money olympics ever spent. Got a crap ton more usage than most other ghost stadiums being built now.

But the Braves didnt own it and didnt have control over the area. It is now being sold to GA State for their athletic complex, dorms, and other stuff continuing the excellent job Atl did with getting extended use out of the olympics. By far the most under appreciated aspect of a Games that had a lot of scandal (bombing, bribes, over commercialized, back room good ole boy deals)

That's really good point. Atlanta did fantastic with how they used the facilities after the Olympics. I think the only one that didn't get significant use was the tennis complex in Stone Mountain.

well - it was built in 1996 for the Olympics. They just polished it off after the olympics ended for 1997 season. But there are soooo many issues with it - Its way too big @ 55,000, its nothing but surface lots, and as long island said - the location is horrific. a Huge chunk of the fan base lives 30 minutes + away. And not to be too demographic here, but 99% of the stuff Bruce Levenson said was correct - Atl is very segregated. North - white, South - black. And the city is actually very very small population wise (ranks somewhere in the 40's - metro is 8th or 9th) meaning more than 90% of metro population lives outside of the city limits. Turner is just on the southern side of the middle of the city. Stereotypically, not the best place to put a baseball stadium.

Turner, though, was actually some of the best money olympics ever spent. Got a crap ton more usage than most other ghost stadiums being built now. But the Braves didnt own it and didnt have control over the area. It is now being sold to GA State for their athletic complex, dorms, and other stuff continuing the excellent job Atl did with getting extended use out of the olympics. By far the most under appreciated aspect of a Games that had a lot of scandal (bombing, bribes, over commercialized, back room good ole boy deals)

If Anthony Bourdain ever goes to Atlanta for one of his future episodes, I feel like you should be the guy he hangs out and shoots the sh-t with.

If Anthony Bourdain ever goes to Atlanta for one of his future episodes, I feel like you should be the guy he hangs out and shoots the sh-t with.

Im pretty sure I take that as a compliment... so thanks :)

Unfortunately I moved back to upstate NY over the summer... but I'm certainly willing to travel and work for food and some TV time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom