Georgia Tech Attendance | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech Attendance

About 240 tickets sold today from what I can tell, not including resales. That's more movement than this time last week...would still love to see that pace increase especially now that we have a ranked team coming in
Looks to be only about 200 Ticketmaster tickets sold today...a little disappointing to not see any momentum build yet. We are going to need very strong sales tomorrow and Friday to hit the 40k mark

You find it offensive? I am a local non alum that has driven in for years and now comes in from Buffalo. I think our student section has been great the last few years. Saying students can do what they want doesn’t mean locals suck? Weird that young kids have more on their mind than boomers that base their life around this stuff? This is a strange take. We play a close exciting game and fans stay. Tons of non student fans left early too. Is what it is.
A little extreme response i admit but to an extreme statement of "students show up
---'Better'---, they can do what they want" which to me sounded like a dig on other fans. Students have been great, locals great, no complaints from me.
The only thing strange is to compare segments of the fanbase and to say one is -'better'- than the other.
It was just the way it was -worded- ya see? Now, I doubt that intent was there.
But the crazy thing is that I've seen large numbers leave in a close exciting game, less but still a decent chunk.
Is what it is, yea... i know.
Gotta beat that 8 minute traffic jam.
Wish I could just walk back to the dorm or party, I wouldnt have to worry about traffic:mad:!

Last edited:
Everyone-- As an alternative -- If you are a season ticket holder and cannot attend the game, you can donate you tickets through the University to "Vet Tix" and provide an unforgettable experience to the servicemen/women and the families of heroes among us. Thanks--GeauxSU

For the student debate, being a very recent former student myself but also a die hard, I think it's a mix of both. You have to remember we are a very expensive private school. A majority of students are not even from New York state, let alone from the local area. And that's not even factoring in whether they like sports/football to begin with. We aren't like the big state schools where half the students grew up loving the university. At the end of the day, most are here to get a piece of paper and party on mom and dad's dime, if good football comes w that then that's cool too. All things considered I think they've been great since being allowed back in the dome after COVID. The football game for most is just something to do in between the day of drinking, of course they aren't going to have your level of passion and commitment nor really should they if you're being fair. The games are 4 hours long for Pete's sake, if I didn't care about football I would want to leave early too. Most schools deal w this anyways. Just be happy they're there and give them something to be loud for when they are.
Right on. I appreciate all fans that show up to games.

We don't need to compare, divide or insult. LGO!

After all, every person is at their own stage in life, often times not compatible. We do what we do when we can.

Tickets are definitely moving at a decent speed

I had a couple tickets that I had sent to my friend who is interested in coming last night

This morning they are gone

I think we see a ton of traction today/tomorrow

I think we will have about 40k in the building.

Hopefully those 40k will be loud at 12pm

so what time works for students?

early is too early because everyone of them has a friday party?
mid day is too late because they leave for dinner mid game?
late is too late because they have a sat party to attend?

Has college gotten so hard that a noon game is hard to attend?

College was about staying out to 3-4 and still getting up in time to get to lunch, but back then no uber eats option it was cafeteria or wait for dinner.

so what time works for students?

early is too early because everyone of them has a friday party?
mid day is too late because they leave for dinner mid game?
late is too late because they have a sat party to attend?

Has college gotten so hard that a noon game is hard to attend?

College was about staying out to 3-4 and still getting up in time to get to lunch, but back then no uber eats option it was cafeteria or wait for dinner.
Who said anything about mid day and evening? The student section was jam packed last Saturday for a 3:30pm start, was it not?

Adult, non-students here complain incessantly about noon starts. That they can't really tailgate because they're driving from X hours away, or that they have family stuff in the morning which makes nooners hard to attend, etc.

The fixation not just on attendance, but WHO attends, WHEN they show up, and HOW they act when they're in the building is so weird to me.

Does anyone here post on "ConcertFan.com" and devote threads to whether the Green Day show at CitiField will be a sellout, and if people under 25 will be there when the opening act goes on?

I agree that a largely full venue is more fun than a less full venue. It seemed like everyone in attendance last Saturday had a good time, and on TV the noise seemed loud and impactful. If we draw similarly it's fine.

Who said anything about mid day and evening? The student section was jam packed last Saturday for a 3:30pm start, was it not?

Adult, non-students here complain incessantly about noon starts. That they can't really tailgate because they're driving from X hours away, or that they have family stuff in the morning which makes nooners hard to attend, etc.

The fixation not just on attendance, but WHO attends, WHEN they show up, and HOW they act when they're in the building is so weird to me.

Does anyone here post on "ConcertFan.com" and devote threads to whether the Green Day show at CitiField will be a sellout, and if people under 25 will be there when the opening act goes on?

I agree that a largely full venue is more fun than a less full venue. It seemed like everyone in attendance last Saturday had a good time, and on TV the noise seemed loud and impactful. If we draw similarly it's fine.

Last week half way thru the first quarter the student section was more than 90% full.

Attachments

• DB484741-D217-4EB9-B3EF-86A8158A06B8.jpeg
    DB484741-D217-4EB9-B3EF-86A8158A06B8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
Every year I have one bigger tailgate where I invite family and friends…. people are coming from as far as Texas. Due to planning I have to pick game in late spring. Tech was our choice……. NOON GAMES SUCK. We have them because of TV and the almighty $$$$$.

Why does ESPN not stagger more games? The ACCN used to be 1230, 4, 8. So why change to 12, 330, 8? I think those 1st two game times are worse. How much nicer would it be to have ACC games at 12:05, 1:05, 2:05, 3:05, 4:05, 5:05, 6:05, 7:05, 8:05? So 3 on ESPN/ABC, 3 on ACCN, 1 on CW, 2 on ESPN+.

Why does ESPN not stagger more games? The ACCN used to be 1230, 4, 8. So why change to 12, 330, 8? I think those 1st two game times are worse. How much nicer would it be to have ACC games at 12:05, 1:05, 2:05, 3:05, 4:05, 5:05, 6:05, 7:05, 8:05? So 3 on ESPN/ABC, 3 on ACCN, 1 on CW, 2 on ESPN+.
No clock stopping on first downs will end almost all of them in 3.5 hours. It’s only weather delays that will screw everything up. 4 kickoff looks weird and like your Umass or UConn.

I like halftimes being somewhat the same. Quick errand 120 or 3 or a 5.

Night starts are staggered 7/730/8 and there’s enough time for the 330s to finish but it’s right as 7pm games kick so no wait.

Every year I have one bigger tailgate where I invite family and friends…. people are coming from as far as Texas. Due to planning I have to pick game in late spring. Tech was our choice……. NOON GAMES SUCK. We have them because of TV and the almighty $$$$$.
And a second game in a row with awful tailgate weather. Ugh.

No clock stopping on first downs will end almost all of them in 3.5 hours. It’s only weather delays that will screw everything up. 4 kickoff looks weird and like your Umass or UConn.

I like halftimes being somewhat the same. Quick errand 120 or 3 or a 5.

Night starts are staggered 7/730/8 and there’s enough time for the 330s to finish but it’s right as 7pm games kick so no wait.

If you are home it is easier to watch mutliple game IMO with staggering. If you go to games you can watch more football. If SU plays at noon most fans will miss the other ACC noon games and the first halves of the 330 ACC games. If SU plays at 330 most fans will miss the 4th Q of the noon ACC games, the 330 ACC games, and 1-2 Qs of the night games. If SU plays a night game most fans will miss the other ACC night games and maybe the last Q of the 330 ACC games. But if you stagger ACC games then less ACC games will be missed in each case. Seems better for the fans, and even the network as more people can watch.

The 12:30 early kick was fantastic. That extra half hour made a worlds difference tailgating.