Georgia Tech Attendance | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech Attendance

Well, not exactly. 36% of the student body is from New York, and that is the largest percentage represented by any state.

Your take on why people attend is very cynical. You would be shocked to learn that many students actually intend to learn while attending SU. I offer my two kids as examples who are alums as am I. Both have gone on to graduate study and are employed in fields of their choice. And yes, they enjoyed their time at SU immensely.

I guess you are one of those who you describe.
You can personally attack me if you want, I was simply describing my experience and what I’ve seen / been around as I have been apart of both worlds, since that was a big topic of debate in this thread. If that’s the conclusion you really gathered from reading my post then god bless. I’m happy to hear your children are doing well with their degrees. And I hope the dome is rocking on Saturday!

Last edited:
There were actually 3 people stabbed the day before.
Usually that stuff happens when there's a big rap artist scheduled. They should go back to charging for those concerts like they did at the grandstand.

Well, not exactly. 36% of the student body is from New York, and that is the largest percentage represented by any state.

Your take on why people attend is very cynical. You would be shocked to learn that many students actually intend to learn while attending SU. I offer my two kids as examples who are alums as am I. Both have gone on to graduate study and are employed in fields of their choice. And yes, they enjoyed their time at SU immensely.

I guess you are one of those who you describe.

I think you took their post way too personally, for no reason. They were just describing what they see. Not a big deal.

Most schools deal w this anyways.
Bingo.

Look at just about any student section this Saturday and you'll see it start to thin out in the second half. Only for high-stakes, close games will you see it full late in the 4th.

My daughter goes to another ACC school and it's the same behavior as we see at SU (except generally worse attendance to start).

It will shock some of you to learn that students do have lives. Many of them have stuff to do, just like non-students.

There were actually 3 people stabbed the day before.
Not that it makes much difference but it was two 15 year old girls stabbed by another 15 year old girl. One was stabbed in the shoulder, the other on her backside. Thankfully neither was really seriously injured. What’s up with these young wild girls?

Latest attendance figure per Brent Axe: 37,978

“Your Wednesday Syracuse-Georgia Tech ticket update. There are 4,796 tickets available for this game (including re-sale). That puts this game on a current pace for a crowd just under 38,000. Gotta pick up the pace to get over 40K. Big shoutout to @Shane_Bastable for the assist.”

“Your Wednesday Syracuse-Georgia Tech ticket update. There are 4,796 tickets available for this game (including re-sale). That puts this game on a current pace for a crowd just under 38,000. Gotta pick up the pace to get over 40K. Big shoutout to @Shane_Bastable for the assist.”

I think tomorrow and Friday will be big days

A lot of people waiting to see if pricing comes down and it’s not going to.

Plus word that Georgia Tech is a top 25 teams will spread.

This is a massive matchup and deserves a great crowd

Last edited:
Guys, guys, guys... take a breath. I was not impugning the honor of "local fans".

Just saying that the students show up, in force, and I'm not going to get irate if some of them decide to head to a Darty on a Saturday afternoon. I was 19 once too.

Local fans are good. I love you. Do you need more validation?
LOL. My bad, I can get carried away at times with certain topics. It wasn't completely directed at you, I've had this conversation with others and their opinions are extremely bad-maybe they just rile me up on purpose.
I understood where you were coming from.
I also am impressed with the student turnout especially the last couple years.

Last edited:
Not that it makes much difference but it was two 15 year old girls stabbed by another 15 year old girl. One was stabbed in the shoulder, the other on her backside. Thankfully neither was really seriously injured. What’s up with these young wild girls?

Best thing they could do is jack admission price to $15 next year and keep those kinds of teens away. They’re just there to cause problems.

LOL. My bad, I can get carried away at times with certain topics. It wasn't completely directed at you, I've had this conversation with others and their opinions are extremely bad-maybe they just rile me up on purpose.
I understood where you were coming from.
I also am impressed with the student turnout especially the last couple years.
To me as long as people come it's OK with me.

Im confused , if there are 4,796 tix available that means we are already just about at 38,000. Is Brent saying they will sell almost 0 tickets in the next 60 hours ?

Luckily once they’re at school in a classroom, they’re much easier to handle…….

Students show up more than any other segment of the fan base. They can do what they want.
He's not talking about showing up, he's talking about leaving.

Usually that stuff happens when there's a big rap artist scheduled. They should go back to charging for those concerts like they did at the grandstand.
“Usually that stuff happens when there’s a big rap artist scheduled”…Wow, quite the hot take and no I’m not being woke guy. I’ve been to probably 30 rap concerts (I’m 53) since 1985 and not one stabbing at any of them. That includes, Public Enemy, Run DMC, EPMD, Cypress Hill, Beastie Boys, A Tribe Called Quest, Wu Tang Clan, Dre, Snoop, Ice Cube, Eminem, Warren G, House of Pain, YBT, Blacksheep, Third Bass, Boogie Down Productions to name a few.

Actually the worst I saw at any show was at Woodstock 99 and even that was blown way out of proportion. I guess you don’t know about the Stones concert at Altamont Speedway. No rap groups there.

Im confused , if there are 4,796 tix available that means we are already just about at 38,000. Is Brent saying they will sell almost 0 tickets in the next 60 hours ?
I think he was referencing the fact that they need to sell more than 2000 tickets in two days to hit 40,000.

I think he was referencing the fact that they need to sell more than 2000 tickets in two days to hit 40,000.
Got it , yea may fall short of that.