Georgia Tech Attendance | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech Attendance

I watched them file in as they were just to my left. It was so organized and they just keep filing up each row so politely. When they have the pom poms going too it’s quite a sight. They definitely showed up and hoping for more for this game
The pom poms were actually great, felt like a big time student section when they were all going. It would be cool if that were a permanent thing, or something like a terrible towel

Anyone know how the student section is handled by security?

Assuming that everyone has a seat, but that no one really wants to sit in the upper deck, especially in the upper half. So are they piling in downstairs and since they stand all game, they fit more people than seats?

The upper deck did thin out in the 2nd half, but the lower portion looked like it stayed packed.
That was definitely the case last year and in a very significant manner. Not sure if it is the case this year with individual seats. No real way to police if it is GA though.

That was definitely the case last year and in a very significant manner. Not sure if it is the case this year with individual seats. No real way to police if it is GA though.
Embrace the flow

Install blue bleachers in the 300s

Upgraded blue benches with back support in the 100s

Student section has to be general admission because of how they filled up...down low to up high. Very orderly. The section looked great. I also liked how when the team enters the dome, they now run to the students as opposed to away from them in prior years.

Someone in the ACC needs to answer that. We have very little input into conference scheduling and certainly don’t prefer shuttering the Dome in October two years in a row.
Maybe it was Pete Sala's decision so they can get Miron victory court finished.

no one really wants to sit in the upper deck
Then why not give the students both endzones in the 100s and call it a day? It's not like those are premium seats (or at least they shouldn't be valued as such), but if that keeps the coeds a little longer than what's the harm?

I don't really care enough or have the time to go grab a pic to prove my point. And I am not trying to be critical of the students. I give them credit for showing up. But it is ok to call a spade a spade. In my prior years seating section I had a complete view of the upper student section. If they showed up they stayed. That wasn't the case for Ohio. I don't blame them.

Also I might have been distracted by the Ohio C's family walking down my row. I could not believe that was not only his last name, but was also the number that he chose. Then I wondered if he had any local NIL deals with Adult Entertainment. By the time the game ended I wondered if the refs were mesmerized by him and that is why they missed all of those holding calls.

Attachments

• IMG_1016.jpeg
    IMG_1016.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 114
Embrace the flow

Install blue bleachers in the 300s

Upgraded blue benches with back support in the 100s
Football student section or basketball student section? Really looking forward to the slightly wider seats and arm rest when I head to Section 123 for hoops.

Horrible, insulting and false take. What if local fans left at the same ratio would you give them that leeway? Not a chance.
You're putting down the lifelong and truly committed fans that are the backbone of the program.
Shame on you.
Yuck

I find that rebuttal comical and weak. Im talking about Syracuse University not Onondaga County University.
We aren't in court, its just a simple exercise for perspective, my point stands. Regardless, our local fans are not a problem, AT ALL. And anyone that doesn't appreciate what the local fanbase means to SU athletics is just ignorant.
Students show up better they can do what they want is an awful statement and there is zero defense for it. I find it grossly offensive, false, inappropriate, ignorant, insulting, delusional, disrespectful and downright weird.
I mean if they leave at halftime thats ok? What if Kyle Mccord left at halftime, he had an awesome first half he should be able to do what he wants. The 12th man is needed in the 2nd half too.

Guys, guys, guys... take a breath. I was not impugning the honor of "local fans".

Just saying that the students show up, in force, and I'm not going to get irate if some of them decide to head to a Darty on a Saturday afternoon. I was 19 once too.

Local fans are good. I love you. Do you need more validation?

I thought the students were great. And they can do whatever they want as long as they show up. The couple next to us leaves at the start of the fourth quarter every game. I don’t get it. But hey, who am I to judge.

Guys, guys, guys... take a breath. I was not impugning the honor of "local fans".

Just saying that the students show up, in force, and I'm not going to get irate if some of them decide to head to a Darty on a Saturday afternoon. I was 19 once too.

Local fans are good. I love you. Do you need more validation?
It’s not WHAT you said, it’s HOW you said it.

Anyone know how the student section is handled by security?

Assuming that everyone has a seat, but that no one really wants to sit in the upper deck, especially in the upper half. So are they piling in downstairs and since they stand all game, they fit more people than seats?

The upper deck did thin out in the 2nd half, but the lower portion looked like it stayed packed.
Students are given specific wristbands when they come in. Some are for the lower level, and some are for the upper level. For example, if the wristband color for the lower level is purple on Saturday, even if students see that there are empty seats down there if they don't have purple wristbands, security will direct them to the second level. This was a significant issue for basketball as to why some areas towards the front were not filled. Also, single-game student ticket holders cannot sit in the student section. So if someone who bought the season pass does not show up, there will be an empty seat.

For the student debate, being a very recent former student myself but also a die hard, I think it's a mix of both. You have to remember we are a very expensive private school. A majority of students are not even from New York state, let alone from the local area. And that's not even factoring in whether they like sports/football to begin with. We aren't like the big state schools where half the students grew up loving the university. At the end of the day, most are here to get a piece of paper and party on mom and dad's dime, if good football comes w that then that's cool too. All things considered I think they've been great since being allowed back in the dome after COVID. The football game for most is just something to do in between the day of drinking, of course they aren't going to have your level of passion and commitment nor really should they if you're being fair. The games are 4 hours long for Pete's sake, if I didn't care about football I would want to leave early too. Most schools deal w this anyways. Just be happy they're there and give them something to be loud for when they are.

For the student debate, being a very recent former student myself but also a die hard, I think it's a mix of both. You have to remember we are a very expensive private school. A majority of students are not even from New York state, let alone from the local area. And that's not even factoring in whether they like sports/football to begin with. We aren't like the big state schools where half the students grew up loving the university. At the end of the day, most are here to get a piece of paper and party on mom and dad's dime, if good football comes w that then that's cool too. All things considered I think they've been great since being allowed back in the dome after COVID. The football game for most is just something to do in between the day of drinking, of course they aren't going to have your level of passion and commitment nor really should they if you're being fair. The games are 4 hours long for Pete's sake, if I didn't care about football I would want to leave early too. Most schools deal w this anyways. Just be happy they're there and give them something to be loud for when they are.
Well, not exactly. 36% of the student body is from New York, and that is the largest percentage represented by any state.

Your take on why people attend is very cynical. You would be shocked to learn that many students actually intend to learn while attending SU. I offer my two kids as examples who are alums as am I. Both have gone on to graduate study and are employed in fields of their choice. And yes, they enjoyed their time at SU immensely.

I guess you are one of those who you describe.

Exactly, the people I am looking for I’ve sent some ticket options to them in the 100s/200s because that’s where they want to be at the $50-$60 price range and their response was “wait that’s per seat?”

Individual seats have certainly raised the pricing within the dome.

8k less seats and individual seats will do that.

Seasons are such an awesome value now

I got killed for hoops bringing a group of 6 to a Louisville hoops game, something like $65 each in the mid-300s. I could have bought seasons for less.

But there wasn’t actually a shooting at the fair

They just heard a loud noise and people started to panic and run.

There were actually 3 people stabbed the day before.

Well, not exactly. 36% of the student body is from New York, and that is the largest percentage represented by any state.

Your take on why people attend is very cynical. You would be shocked to learn that many students actually intend to learn while attending SU. I offer my two kids as examples who are alums as am I. Both have gone on to graduate study and are employed in fields of their choice. And yes, they enjoyed their time at SU immensely.

I guess you are one of those who you describe.
You didn't say one thing that disagreed with their comment here...

I guess you are one of those who doesn't read before responding