Georgia Tech - October 19th - Group Tickets, Tailgate, etc.. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech - October 19th - Group Tickets, Tailgate, etc..

Really? I've lived here 24 years and have never seen these here. Please tell me which Publix?
All of them... throughout the South East.
There have been at least 5 threads on this board about this development over the past 6 months. ;)

I'll try getting there around 8:00. I have a canopy (it's 10x10, but actually 8x8 cover) and 6' table. We'll have 7 total, 4 adults. I'll also plan on bringing a cooler with beer and water. With it being that early, I was also contemplating getting orange juice and some cheap champagne for mimosas. Most likely bring some sort of food item and dessert item.

JJ I'm shooting for 9 am or so. Bringing food, beer, bloody Mary's and 4-6 adults. Have a couple of dozen Hoffmanns dogs to contribute to the cause.

All of them... throughout the South East.
There have been at least 5 threads on this board about this development over the past 6 months. ;)

OK thanks... now how about the New England buns other than Ingles brand?:)

OK thanks... now how about the New England buns other than Ingles brand?:)

I've been using these:
kings-hawaiian-hot-dog-buns.jpg

It doesn't state it on the package, but they are New England style. The hint of sweetness also compliments the Hoffmanns, especially the Snappys.

I updated some info in the main tailgate post. I'll see if I can get a link to that post in the thread's first post.

If anybody is coming that has a tailgate grill please let us know. We probably don't need more than 2, but need to have at least one. I'll check the stores in case we need to pick one up before game day.

Update: I picked up a grill... so there'll be at least one there with which to cook the various types of dogs & coneys.

Last edited:
I've been using these:
(clipped picture)
It doesn't state it on the package, but they are New England style. The hint of sweetness also compliments the Hoffmanns, especially the Snappys.

Cheers for this! Never heard of these, but sure enough, my local grocery store stocks them. Now to debate whether I value 6 New England rolls @ $3.79 more than 8 regular store brand rolls $.99...

All right, I am late to the tailgate planning game. 12:30, WTH!

Tailgate Planning

Now that the Clemson game is behind us and the kickoff time has been announced, it's time for some tailgate planning & preparation.

Disclaimer: I'm not a tailgate guru... we could use a veteran, or two, to lead this activity.

Attendees

Tailgate Attendees: 18-21
JJReddawg : 7 (4 adults) [canopy, table, cooler]
Moontan : 5 (2 adults total, but 4 who will eat like adults) [grill, table, cooler]
Aweart23 : 4-6
NashvilleOrange : 2-3

Other known W26 parkers: OrangeChris, SF Cuse, CiscoCuse

If you plan on attending please send me a PM or reply in this thread so that we can get some sort of expected head count.

I will be sending some extra people there as well. Some may be doing their own adjacent tailgate or combine with us. The University is holding a pre-game event. It's a bit pricier than they'd initially indicated ($40pp).

If we get a bunch of SyracuseFan.com people who indicate that they'll be at the SyracuseFan.com tailgate then I may let alumni who ask about a tailgate know as well.

Location Information

One thing that I did a few weeks ago, was scout out the scene on game day. This was for the UNC @ GA Tech game. It was a noon kickoff and the weather was a bit drizzly. Based on what I observed, here are my recommendations for tailgate location:

View attachment 5296

How to get there:
The best (only) way to get here is via 10th Street. There are exits on I-85 to get to 10th St., just know that it can be confusing since (at least from the North) there will be an exit that leads to multiple side streets (10th, 14th, etc.). From 10th Street you'll want to take Dalney St.. There will be a guard there checking for parking passes or taking $20 cash. At the entrance to W26 there is another person checking parking passes. The gal at W26 made it sound like she got there 6 hours before kickoff.

Where to set up:
In the image I identified 3 locations. I'll describe these:
  1. this appears to be an ideal spot. The blue box to the right of the marked location contains two parking spots.
    This is where a UNC crew of 10-12 people had their tailgate. They had a canopy, but did not have a grill. They had an impressive 20' flagpole (placed under a tire).. I wish I had one of those sporting an Orange flag.
  2. somebody had a nice 12x12 (or larger?) canopy set up there. The spots immediately to the right provide easy access.
  3. a nice grass area, but no adjacent parking.
  4. there is plenty of space adjacent to 1. as well... there were a few other people set up around there.
There are some people that set up along the road. It's a bit narrow for a larger group. One group set up to the right of the "hills" along the street... I suspect they are regulars. The "hills" are a sloped area... not good for anything more than 2-4 people per spot. The islands between the cars in the picture are filled with gravel/stones. Yes, you could set some stuff up there, but far from ideal.

For the UNC game the lot was just under half full. I ran into a coworker there and he made it seem that they wouldn't expect things to get much busier for Syracuse, especially if it was an early game (which it is). Keep in mind that it was a bit rainy which may have kept some people away as well.

When to get there:
We will need a couple of people to get there early and mark our spot. Ideally these people would have some items to spread out... these include a canopy, grill, table(s), cooler(s), games, etc.. I believe the UNC crew got there at 8:00 or 8:30. I suspect a similar effort may be needed to get one of the prime spots. Any volunteers?

What to bring:
Again, I'm no expert...
There may be some funds available to pick up some breakfast food (donuts? bagels?), hot dogs, Hofmann's Franks & Snappy Grillers, unless people want to bring some of their own dishes.

Note that the local Publix chain does carry Hofmann Franks and Snappy Grillers... we'll need to look for a sale starting about now.

OK, that's it for now... we really could use some veterans, ideally with a grill & canopy, that are willing to commit to arriving early to ensure that this will be a success.

I will update this post with an updated headcount as well as updated plans and suggestions.
I'm booked in that lot now. With one other. Dunno our exact timing but would love to partake. If the line isn't nuts, we'll bring some Sublime doughnuts...and will have a plan b in case it is.

Hey guys, new here (obviously)...

I just found out that I will be able to go to this game. I know you guys have already set up the group tickets purchase and all that, but was told to check here to see if anyone had any extras that I could buy off someone. Any chance one of you that can point me in the right direction, or should I just go to stubhub? Looks like (right now, anyway...) I'll be looking for 3 tickets; if anyone can help, that would be super

Thanks for any help!

Anyone driving through NC going to the game next weekend? I'm thinking about getting a ticket but don't want to make the trip by myself. I can help pay for gas if anyone is willing to carpool!

Update: I picked up a grill... so there'll be at least one there with which to cook the various types of dogs & coneys.

I grabbed a small travel grill which I'll bring as well. In the process of seasoning it right now:
ra6ave9u.jpg

I''ll be there in lot W26 around 10-11 AM with my Orange Murano with CUSE 1 license plate :)
562600_3737520757131_1022505301_n.jpg
[/quote]

Last edited:
I''ll be there in lot W26 around 10-11 AM with my Orange Murano with CUSE 1 license plate :)
How many will be in your party?

BTW, you'll have to check out my license plate as well.

Last edited:
Hey guys, new here (obviously)...

I just found out that I will be able to go to this game. I know you guys have already set up the group tickets purchase and all that, but was told to check here to see if anyone had any extras that I could buy off someone. Any chance one of you that can point me in the right direction, or should I just go to stubhub? Looks like (right now, anyway...) I'll be looking for 3 tickets; if anyone can help, that would be super

Thanks for any help!

http://mbd.scoout.com/mb.aspx?s=140&f=2938&t=12150309
Take out the extra "o" in Scoout...sounds like you can find tix on the street for under $20.

BTW, Syracuse media will be at your tailgate in Lot W26...more details soon.

Well, I'm heading out tonight for 4 days in Destin, FL with my lovely wife, then on to the game on our way home. We will also be in the W26 Lot, but I'm not sure how early we will be there...my wife is NOT an early bird. An afternoon game would have been better for us! Oh well, I'm excited for the game!

Anyways, safe travels to all those going to the game...and GO CUSE!!

Well, I'm heading out tonight for 4 days in Destin, FL with my lovely wife, then on to the game on our way home. We will also be in the W26 Lot, but I'm not sure how early we will be there...my wife is NOT an early bird. An afternoon game would have been better for us! Oh well, I'm excited for the game!

Anyways, safe travels to all those going to the game...and GO CUSE!!

I'm sure we'll be tailgating after the game as well to let the traffic die down.

I grabbed a small travel grill which I'll bring as well. In the process of seasoning it right now.

We will be bringing a small Grill as well.

Anybody looking for Tickets or a Parking pass ...PM me, I have some extras now

I'm sure we'll be tailgating after the game as well to let the traffic die down.
We're bringing some post game food to throw on the grill.
I expect to be there for a bit after the game.

I am in for the tailgate weather permitting (I have a 1 year old). 2 adults one small child.

Let me know what you need me to bring (food) or I can also make a cash contribution.

With a 1 year old, I think you'll be better off driving.

Good point.

In that case I have a small grill I can bring too and some food. Also if you need someone to get there early I can do that too. I just can't commit 100% right now as I am not going to hang out with a 1 year old in the rain for 3-4 hours. Right now weather.com says 40% chance of rain.

With a 1 year old, I think you'll be better off driving.
Agreed... it's quite a hike from MARTA (Midtown station - mile and half?).
The walk from the tailgate location to the stadium is another mile or so.

I did see that they had some golf carts that were helping some people... perhaps you can catch a ride at least part of the way.

Good point.

In that case I have a small grill I can bring too and some food. Also if you need someone to get there early I can do that too. I just can't commit 100% right now as I am not going to hang out with a 1 year old in the rain for 3-4 hours. Right now weather.com says 40% chance of rain.
I believe JJ and I will try to get there around 8:00.
You don't need to bring the grill.

If I were you, I'd drive and get there around 9:00-9:30. That gives you at least 2 hours to eat, drink & chat it up.
Bring some drinks and maybe something to throw on the grill and you're set.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom