Georgia Tech - October 19th - Group Tickets, Tailgate, etc.. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech - October 19th - Group Tickets, Tailgate, etc..

With Florida State and Clemson likely playing a primetime game, does that increase the chances of this game being moved to 330?

W26 lot booked. Looking forward to meeting everyone - hopefully in better moods than today.

I've got my pass to W26 as well.

I just found out I will be going to this game with what looks like 3 other guys. I see that I missed out on this ticket opportunity but I figured I would ask here to see what my best option for getting good seats are. Ideally I would like to be in the Cuse section and have good seats...not sure if it is too late for that.

Also, I see the game time is TBD...anybody have any "inside" info on when the game may be? Probably a stupid question but I plan on flying in saturday morning.

Thanks

It appears that we'll be getting another batch of tickets. The price points will be the same ($43 & $33). Send me a PM with your expected ticket needs ASAP. I'll get expected seating locations next week before you need to put down your $$.

Game time will likely be 3:30 or 12:30... but nobody knows at this point.

Just grabbed two parking passes for W26 also... should be 9 or 10 or us

looking forward to meeting everyone!!!

For those that took advantage of Georgia Tech's one-day $15 ticket sale on July 1st, they appear to be sending out the tickets today. They're in an e-mail as a PDF attachment, so check your SPAM folders if you don't receive them today.

Also, for those interested, there's a Hawks/Grizzlies preseason game on Sunday afternoon, 3pm. Since its preseason, tickets are likely to be dirt cheap on the secondary market closer to gametime. I think I'm going to stick around on Sunday, and then head for home after the NBA game. Unfortunately, no Orange alums on either roster (stupid Grizzlies waiving Fab...).

Nudge, nudge.

If you'd still like tickets, let me know ASAP. A 2nd batch of tickets will be obtained.

With Florida State and Clemson likely playing a primetime game, does that increase the chances of this game being moved to 330?

Not necessarily... with leagues expanding there is no way games aren't sometimes on at the same time. It may be a (dreaded) 12:00 noon game or a 7:00 pm espnU time slot.

Nudge, nudge.

If you'd still like tickets, let me know ASAP. A 2nd batch of tickets will be obtained.

Dang... I just bought 7 tickets in 224 from Tech at $66 each! If you are getting those for $43 that is a good deal.

Not necessarily... with leagues expanding there is no way games aren't sometimes on at the same time. It may be a (dreaded) 12:00 noon game or a 7:00 pm espnU time slot.
7 would be great. I also purchased a pass for W26.

I'm heading to lot W26 to scout out the tailgating scene before today's game. Hopefully I'll get there before the masses head to the stadium.

Scouting mission was a success. A couple of prime locations have been identified. I will get a map and some instructions together. We will need a couple of volunteers to get there early and claim some real estate. The lot is actually tailgate friendly, though it would be best to claim our spot early.

I am in! Look forward to it. Sorry its too late to book with the block, but I will get a ticket on my own.

Last edited:
Watching the Ga Tech/Va Tech game tonight and I have to say our seat locations look fantastic. The upper deck on that side of the field is fairly low, so our sight lines will be great.

Nice work Moontan!

Watching the Ga Tech/Va Tech game tonight and I have to say our seat locations look fantastic. The upper deck on that side of the field is fairly low, so our sight lines will be great.

Nice work Moontan!

Yes they are good seats. But afternoon games on east side = blinding sun. Hoping for late day time slot.

Oh wow. That pretty much makes my tailgating nonexistent. I'm going to have to leave at the crack of dawn just to make it to Atlanta in time for kickoff. On the plus side, it gives me more time to enjoy the city after the game.

Tailgate Planning

Now that the Clemson game is behind us and the kickoff time has been announced, it's time for some tailgate planning & preparation.

Disclaimer: I'm not a tailgate guru... we could use a veteran, or two, to lead this activity.

Attendees

Tailgate Attendees: 36-39
JJReddawg : 7 (4 adults) [canopy, table, cooler]
Moontan : 5 (2 adults total, but 4 who will eat like adults) [grill, table, cooler]
Aweart23 : 4-6
NashvilleOrange : 2-3
Timonen : 2
CiscoCuse : ??
UelSU : 2
JohnCuse44 : 2
SF Cuse : 6
SarasotaPaul : 5

Other known W26 parkers: OrangeChris

If you plan on attending please send me a PM or reply in this thread so that we can get some sort of expected head count.

I will be sending some extra people there as well. Some may be doing their own adjacent tailgate or combine with us. The University is holding a pre-game event. It's a bit pricier than they'd initially indicated ($40pp).

If we get a bunch of SyracuseFan.com people who indicate that they'll be at the SyracuseFan.com tailgate then I may let alumni who ask about a tailgate know as well.

Location Information

One thing that I did a few weeks ago, was scout out the scene on game day. This was for the UNC @ GA Tech game. It was a noon kickoff and the weather was a bit drizzly. Based on what I observed, here are my recommendations for tailgate location:

W26-Tailgate-Map.jpg

How to get there:
The best (only) way to get here is via 10th Street. There are exits on I-85 to get to 10th St., just know that it can be confusing since (at least from the North) there will be an exit that leads to multiple side streets (10th, 14th, etc.). From 10th Street you'll want to take Dalney St.. There will be a guard there checking for parking passes or taking $20 cash. At the entrance to W26 there is another person checking parking passes. The gal at W26 made it sound like she got there 6 hours before kickoff.

Where to set up:
In the image I identified 3 locations. I'll describe these:
  1. this appears to be an ideal spot. The blue box to the right of the marked location contains two parking spots.
    This is where a UNC crew of 10-12 people had their tailgate. They had a canopy, but did not have a grill. They had an impressive 20' flagpole (placed under a tire).. I wish I had one of those sporting an Orange flag.
  2. somebody had a nice 12x12 (or larger?) canopy set up there. The spots immediately to the right provide easy access.
  3. a nice grass area, but no adjacent parking.
  4. there is plenty of space adjacent to 1. as well... there were a few other people set up around there.
There are some people that set up along the road. It's a bit narrow for a larger group. One group set up to the right of the "hills" along the street... I suspect they are regulars. The "hills" are a sloped area... not good for anything more than 2-4 people per spot. The islands between the cars in the picture are filled with gravel/stones. Yes, you could set some stuff up there, but far from ideal.

For the UNC game the lot was just under half full. I ran into a coworker there and he made it seem that they wouldn't expect things to get much busier for Syracuse, especially if it was an early game (which it is). Keep in mind that it was a bit rainy which may have kept some people away as well.

When to get there:
We will need a couple of people to get there early and mark our spot. Ideally these people would have some items to spread out... these include a canopy, grill, table(s), cooler(s), games, etc.. I believe the UNC crew got there at 8:00 or 8:30. I suspect a similar effort may be needed to get one of the prime spots. Any volunteers?

What to bring:
Again, I'm no expert...
There may be some funds available to pick up some breakfast food (donuts? bagels?), hot dogs, Hofmann's Franks & Snappy Grillers, unless people want to bring some of their own dishes.

Note that the local Publix chain does carry Hofmann Franks and Snappy Grillers... we'll need to look for a sale starting about now.

OK, that's it for now... we really could use some veterans, ideally with a grill & canopy, that are willing to commit to arriving early to ensure that this will be a success.

I will update this post with an updated headcount as well as updated plans and suggestions.

Last edited:
I'll try getting there around 8:00. I have a canopy (it's 10x10, but actually 8x8 cover) and 6' table. We'll have 7 total, 4 adults. I'll also plan on bringing a cooler with beer and water. With it being that early, I was also contemplating getting orange juice and some cheap champagne for mimosas. Most likely bring some sort of food item and dessert item.

Tailgate Planning

Now that the Clemson game is behind us and the kickoff time has been announced, it's time for some tailgate planning & preparation.

<<Publix chain does carry Hofmann Franks and Snappy Grillers.>>

Really? I've lived here 24 years and have never seen these here. Please tell me which Publix?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom