Georgia Tech Postgame Thoughts | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech Postgame Thoughts

Random thought this morning but I’m on record as having low expectations for this team because I just don’t think our players are all that great and it’s horribly constructed. The team is what it is. Not very good. A lot of people just can’t see that SU basketball is currently a mediocre program as now stands (praying it can be resurrected).

Having said that, this morning I was in my car and thought, “That was just a horrible loss. Unacceptable really.” And, you know, it really was. I just don’t know how you come off UNC and follow it up with that stinker at GT. We had a genuine opportunity for some momentum and we completely flubbed it. It’s a tad Dino’ish. Cuse basketball losing to GT, BC, even Clemson, it’s really sad how far we’ve fallen.

Do you really think I was happy to see him shoot and miss? Come on, man. That's a lazy take. Of course those misses hurt. They were painful as hell to watch. My point is that if he's going to start and touch the ball as much as he did, then he should see if he can get his shot to fall when left wide open. I would strongly suspect that's Red's position as well. JT's issues are clearly between his ears right now, and I think it's gotten so bad that he ought to reset by going to another team to continue his college career.
The fade away 3 pt shot mechanics are just awful.

Do you really think I was happy to see him shoot and miss? Come on, man. That's a lazy take. Of course those misses hurt. They were painful as hell to watch. My point is that if he's going to start and touch the ball as much as he did, then he should see if he can get his shot to fall when left wide open. I would strongly suspect that's Red's position as well. JT's issues are clearly between his ears right now, and I think it's gotten so bad that he ought to reset by going to another team to continue his college career.
This is what you wrote, "I was actually glad to see him try take some shots rather than passing on everything"

If you were not happy seeing him take all those shots, then don't write it.

I was not happy with it. His misses were not close and are just wasted offensive possessions at this point.

Random thought this morning but I’m on record as having low expectations for this team because I just don’t think our players are all that great and it’s horribly constructed. The team is what it is. Not very good. A lot of people just can’t see that SU basketball is currently a mediocre program as now stands (praying it can be resurrected).

Having said that, this morning I was in my car and thought, “That was just a horrible loss. Unacceptable really.” And, you know, it really was. I just don’t know how you come off UNC and follow it up with that stinker at GT. We had a genuine opportunity for some momentum and we completely flubbed it. It’s a tad Dino’ish. Cuse basketball losing to GT, BC, even Clemson, it’s really sad how far we’ve fallen.
It's okay. We'll beat NC State on the road followed by two wins at home to continue this roller coaster of a ride season.

This is what you wrote, "I was actually glad to see him try take some shots rather than passing on everything"

I was not happy with it. His misses were not close and are just wasted offensive possessions at this point.
Uh, yeah. I said I was glad to see him take those shots (with the obvious hope that some would go in). You interpret my post by saying "you may have been happy to see him shoot and miss...". A little reading comprehension. Good grief dude.

Last edited:
Red has a bunch of petulant children that need to have their arses kicked.
JJ is solid
Cope is solid
Judah needs to go to Europe
Bell needs his arse kicked kid is an average streak shooting brat who whines. Hope he leaves.
Cuffe might end up playing point next year.
Brown is solid
Taylor needs to transfer to Liberty.
Hima needs to retire
Carey has potential
McCloud is a 10 minute a game backup
Patterson?
Need a scoring forward
Need Chance to be healthy
Need our 5 star to shine
If we have room bring in a starting center. But only a starter. Not a project.
Otherwise roll with McCloud, Carey, Patterson at the 5
Cuffe, Chance, Copeland 1
JJ Moore 2
Frosh, transfer Brown forward.
Lots of kids that can play multiple spots.
Brown: 4, 5
Carey: 4, 5
Cope: 1,2,3
JJ: 2, 1
Cuffe: 1, 2
Chance: 1, 2, 3
Moore: 2,3
Freeman: 3, 4

Starting 5
Chance
JJ
Freeman
Brown
Portal
What have you seen from Cuffe to make you think he can or should play the 1 for us? I am a Cuffe fan but that is an indefensible take.

Uh, yeah. I said I was glad to see him take those shots (with the obvious hope that some would go in). You interpret my post by saying "you may have been happy to see him shoot and miss...". A little reading comprehension. Good grief dude.
Great.

So you were happy seeing a guy who was shooting 27% from the floor in conference play in Jan-Feb (13-45) coming into Georgia Tech, take 7 shots and go 1-7?

Well, you should have been ecstatic then cause the kid took more shots per 40 minutes on Saturday than anyone else on the team.

Being happy seeing him taking shots and being happy seeing him taking shots and missing is pretty much the same thing at this point.

Given what he is shooting, at this point, wanting him to take any shots at all is questionable.

Great.

So you were happy seeing a guy who was shooting 27% from the floor in conference play in Jan-Feb (13-45) coming into Georgia Tech, take 7 shots and go 1-7?

Well, you should have been ecstatic then cause the kid took more shots per 40 minutes on Saturday than anyone else on the team.

Being happy seeing him taking shots and being happy seeing him taking shots and missing is pretty much the same thing at this point.

Given what he is shooting, at this point, wanting him to take any shots at all is questionable.
Yep, you captured it perfectly. Again, great reading comprehension. Well done!

I have been told by someone who would know, that the league refs are sick of our act. Other teams don't whine like we do.
When I sat behind the Syracuse bench in the game against Oregon, a referee told Red that he was sick of the constant complaining from #24 & #3 (Copeland and Mintz). He yelled at Red and said he needed to "get control of your players!"

Red immediately strictly told Mintz to knock it off and Mintz just looked at Red and laughed and said he "wasn't saying nothing crazy".

When I sat behind the Syracuse bench in the game against Oregon, a referee told Red that he was sick of the constant complaining from #24 & #3 (Copeland and Mintz). He yelled at Red and said he needed to "get control of your players!"

Red immediately strictly told Mintz to knock it off and Mintz just looked at Red and laughed and said he "wasn't saying nothing crazy".
That’s a problem. I know coaches have different approaches but it’s tough going from buddy to the man in charge. I think this will continue to be the challenge for Autry, especially with the players who only know him in the good guy role. It’s and embarrassing look for the university to have our guys constantly complaining and not controlling emotions.

That’s a problem. I know coaches have different approaches but it’s tough going from buddy to the man in charge. I think this will continue to be the challenge for Autry, especially with the players who only know him in the good guy role. It’s and embarrassing look for the university to have our guys constantly complaining and not controlling emotions.

I watch a lot of high level high school hoop (same league Judah and Freeman played in). Guys bitch and moan on every single whistle.

That being said Judah's a bit much. JB even made a passing reference on one of those ACC shows.

I watch a lot of high level high school hoop (same league Judah and Freeman played in). Guys bitch and moan on every single whistle.

That being said Judah's a bit much. JB even made a passing reference on one of those ACC shows.

Agreed.

The other thing is Judah’s effectiveness is predicated on him getting calls and getting to the line in big quantities. I think that reliance/expectation vs reality of the way the game is being called can rub refs the wrong way pretty quickly, and be more annoying than usual.

Agreed.

The other thing is Judah’s effectiveness is predicated on him getting calls and getting to the line in big quantities. I think that reliance/expectation vs reality of the way the game is being called can rub refs the wrong way pretty quickly, and be more annoying than usual.

Unfortunately foul hunting is part of the game and sports.

But Judah does sooooo much better when he just plays straight up and gets the real calls.

Unfortunately foul hunting is part of the game and sports.

But Judah does sooooo much better when he just plays straight up and gets the real calls.

Agreed. He’s talented enough that the calls would come if he just played it straight. And if anyone has to work the refs, let it be Red.

Yeah, no surprise IMO due to their presumed prima donna type stature placed upon them by not only themselves, but those around them.

In fairness to Copeland, some of the whistles against him were soft and really inconsistent with how the game was being called.

In fairness to Copeland, some of the whistles against him were soft and really inconsistent with how the game was being called.
Yeah, unless I've just missed it, I don't think Copeland is normally a whiner on the court. I think our poster board whiners on the team are Mintz and Bell.

That's funny that it was in South Dakota against Oregon. I suspect we are paying for this behavior much worse in ACC country.

We are now 0-5 in the South in ACC play, outscored by about 115 points in those games. 0-3 in North Carolina alone. 20 year olds arguing is a recipe for disaster down there. Maybe when they've been in the league 4 years or even next year it'll be slightly different but prob not.

What really burns me is that the refs take it out on Brown who actually is just quiet and efficient, does his job and has never complained once even with the terrible calls he's got. It's like Mintz, Bell and Q bitch about a foul and then Brown goes to work, gets mobbed and he's the one that picks up a ticky tack foul. Seriously how have we not figured this out yet.

assuming they have a clue as to who would actually be good.

Well, they got a McDonald's AA and another Top 75 shooting guard. That's talent.
You never know if people will succeed moving up a level of competition, but these are the top talents.

Yes and No. He was really good 5 star good and if he comes back from his injury... If not than who knows. Maybe Judah comes back as he sure isnt going to make the NBA and i dont see him going G league.

He and Copeland look pretty similar in terms of skill set. Not really outside shooters, good on the drive / pass / get to the rim. Copeland played all year and got noticeably better. He has to be ahead of Westry.

Yeah, but if you're going to play the kid at all, he's supposed to be a shooter. I just wouldn't start him anymore. Let him come off the bench, with less pressure. Maybe he'll start making shots again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom