Georgia Tech Postgame Thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech Postgame Thoughts

Re-posting:

Maliq: 6pts, 8 boards, 2 assists, 5 steals, 1 block

TWO FG ATTEMPTS. NO MISSES

Separately, there are guys that just can’t play at this level on our roster.

The JJ//Bell/Q argument on the sideline during the timeout leading to Bell’s insane three attempt and Red having to pull him was not fun.
Maliq (and the team) needs Q running the PnR.

Bell is an emotional mess when things aren’t going his way.

Last edited:
Before UNC I wasn't sure we'd win another game all year.

That was one of Judahs worst games for us no real boneheaded decisions but he didn't hit any shots not gonna win if you can't get 20 from him.

We should win a couple more games and at least have a respectable record. Probably headed for playing on Tuesday for the ACCT.

Rest of the regular season is irrelevant. Wake me when the acc tourny starts. Not gonna waste 1 second watching these last 5 games. That was an absolutely trash performance. I cant believe this is syracuse basketball. I cant believe i had ncaa tournament hopes going into this game. I cant believe i was excited to watch this game. What a joke.
This loss was way too predictable, but I also had my hopes up.

The first month of the season I thought this roster would be fun to watch no matter what. Boy was I wrong, this is the end of the JB era with just more man to man. Gross basketball.

IMG_1616.gif

JJ was yelling at them both to shut up

Bell got mad because Cuffe was on the wrong guy. But instead of picking up the open guy until they could switch back, Bell yelled and motioned to Cuffe to cover the shooter - who happened to be Sturdivant. The guy who had already hit 4 threes against us.

Bell has to take responsibility there, and was still yelling at Cuffe on the sideline, which is why Autry got in Bell's face to say, "you don't leave the hot shooter alone from 3, while you turn away to yell at your teammate, FFS."

Have to take the good with the bad. Today it was mainly bad. Circus type plays weren’t working and should have been stopped early. Live and die by the sword.

Thought at one point/time out Bell and Quadir were going to go after one another.

‘’Refs were ignoring the fouls inside on both sides but Malik was getting physically move out position with GT forearms.

We played with little poise down the stretch. Missed free throws from Copeland and Cuffe really hurt. Rebounding was just atrocious. It was the really the nail in the coffin. No one on this team knows how to find teammates for open shots. I have to tell you, JJ has no idea how to feed his teammates. He doesn’t do anything to make his teammates better. I hate to say it, but Red has no control over this team. The bitching has to stop. More listening might be a good idea. If Bell doesn’t make shots this team can’t win. He has been almost worthless on the road.

Poof. The magic of UNC is gone. Not going 6-0 to close.

Lax is looking good . Tune in to espnu now.

Say bye to Bell and Taylor
Mintz to pro ball somewhere other than NBA

Probably one or two others move on too

Red will have opportunities to rebuild the roster.
Unfortunately, we don't get to have only the players who struggle leave. It is going to be quite the off season.

Very bad sign. Aside from the obvious, the players visibly squabbling during a huddle, can signify a loss of control by th coaching staff.
It’s same all year. They don’t listen. Q is closest thing we have to a leader but sometimes he’s gotta shut up. Judah isn’t a leader

Horrendous loss
-I guess we shouldn’t be surprised coming off the UNC game. That was a fluke. This is what this team is. Can’t shoot or rebound and too much complaining to the referees.
-this team is so immature. Shot selection was awful. Went for steals that weren’t there.
-Quadir needs to grow up. So sick of the showboating. Between arguing with his teammates, complaining to the refs, missing free throws, and not taking care of the ball, he absolutely killed us today.
-Bell played a very selfish game. Took some awful shots. Just has no poise to speak of.
-just feel bad for Taylor at this point.
-Hima being on the roster is inexcusable. Just a Horrific talent evaluation.
-surprisingly poor defensive effort from Brown today In the first half. We did not lose this game because of the referees, but for all the plays they let go, they called three or four soft fouls on brown, which killed us obviously.
-Georgia Tech is awful. Losing to this team is a complete disgrace. If we had played with any type of defensive intensity in the first half we would’ve been up. But then again, probably not because we couldn’t rebound free throws or shoot.

Unfortunately, we don't get to have only the players who struggle leave. It is going to be quite the off season.
As long as Maliq stays that's all that matters. I'd be fine with any combination of any other players leaving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom