Get ready | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Get ready

They have a staff working for them, have you seen many people are on the sidelines these big schools? There's so much support and you're coaching the best talent.

That’s doesn’t mean anything. They are position coaches and are actually responsible for units on teams that hire the best staff to compete for national championships. If they couldn’t coach they’d find other guys who could.

That’s doesn’t mean anything. They are position coaches and are actually responsible for units on teams that hire the best staff to compete for national championships. If they couldn’t coach they’d find other guys who could.
I'm all for letting Brown, or any head coach, hire the guys he wants. But I have to consider why if he's a great coach and a great recruiter, how come no other offers. If Brown can get enough of a bump in recruiting this cycle, he has to go for it. Has to be a jump into the mid 40's IMO.

Why anyone wants Doug Marrone back is just shocking to me. The guy left us high and dry. He was exciting because he could have been a cuse lifer and was the OC w the Saints with Drew Brees and crew.

Bronco is a west coast guy.

Candle - would have liked him as well

Tom Herman - just another re-tread to me. Had one good year at Houston and failed at UT (although with ridiculous expectations)

Cignetti - no disagreement, would have been solid as well
I think people know Marrone is not coming back. Just the same, he is the best coach we’ve had in the last 20 years, pulled SU out of the dumpster, coached up an offensive line, and his staff made great in-game adjustments. That’s pretty much why some people still hold DM is high esteem.

Screen grab of an article on ESPN. I don’t want to think everything that happens might be because of recent buzz here with HCFB, but I thought this was interesting as Oregon had beat out PSU and MD, and he is a Baltimore kid (yeah, not NJ, sorry). Anybody have other info on this young man, or potential ties?
First FB and now here?! Glad to see you around a bit more, Doc. Next thing is to get you up for a game and a tailgate next year!

Robinson is a name I’ve alluded to another thread so I’ll publicly say that name. As some have already shared on this thread. Fran and Robinson are best friends, basically family. Their bond is more than money, Robinson would move closer to home, it’s not 100% a done deal but looking EXTREMELY promising. I don’t wanna give out too much info about other coaches and recruits/transfers.

I’ll put it bluntly and straightforward. Fran and Wildhack aren’t messing around. They have a very clear plan and they share the same plan on how to get SU football on the map. Wildhack doesn’t make this hire if he wasn’t confident in Fran and getting some of these other coaches on board. It’s going to be exciting, it’s going to be a fun off season and the caliber of coach and player that Syracuse has the potential to land is going to surprise some people lol
Did some alums finally get sick of mediocrity and promise some real money to get top coaches?

First FB and now here?! Glad to see you around a bit more, Doc. Next thing is to get you up for a game and a tailgate next year!
I’m here frequently (lurking), especially on the FB forum due to the (D)FB firing and the FB hire; but me being on FB was more of a fluke. It’s been an interesting past year..

Who dismissed what he’s done?
Being a .500 coach at Wake living largely on B list or less talent from the DMV down to the SE in the ACC is definitely worthy of praise. 100%.

But that isn’t the profile of coach that’s going to push us above the Marrone line for the program. I just think with the right staff we can do a lot better than .500 and hoping for a 9-10 win season once a decade.

Retaining co-defensive coordinator and defensive line coach Elijah Robinson — who served as Texas A&M’s interim head coach for the final two games of the regular season — is a priority for new Aggies head coach Mike Elko, according to 247Sports’ Matt Zenitz. The highly-regarded assistant, however, has interest from other schools amid the moves on the college football coaching carousel.

Robinson possesses more than a decade of experience as a defensive line coach and picked up the co-defensive coordinator title ahead of the 2023 season. Under his leadership, Texas A&M finished the regular season ranked second nationally in sacks, fourth in tackles for loss, No. 10 in total defense and No. 18 in run defense.

Elijah Robinson is a big priority for them to keep on staff there at Texas A&M,” Zenitz said on the 247Sports Recruiting Podcast. “Everything I’ve heard, Mike definitely wants to keep him there. Players love Elijah to the point that they were campaigning for him not only to be a part of this stuff, but were pushing for him to get serious consideration for the head coaching job.”

If they want him, watch out for the Texas money - we'll never be able to match it. But friendship and a new opportunity go farther than money!

Last edited:
Retaining co-defensive coordinator and defensive line coach Elijah Robinson — who served as Texas A&M’s interim head coach for the final two games of the regular season — is a priority for new Aggies head coach Mike Elko, according to 247Sports’ Matt Zenitz. The highly-regarded assistant, however, has interest from other schools amid the moves on the college football coaching carousel.

Robinson possesses more than a decade of experience as a defensive line coach and picked up the co-defensive coordinator title ahead of the 2023 season. Under his leadership, Texas A&M finished the regular season ranked second nationally in sacks, fourth in tackles for loss, No. 10 in total defense and No. 18 in run defense.

Elijah Robinson is a big priority for them to keep on staff there at Texas A&M,” Zenitz said on the 247Sports Recruiting Podcast. “Everything I’ve heard, Mike definitely wants to keep him there. Players love Elijah to the point that they were campaigning for him not only to be a part of this stuff, but were pushing for him to get serious consideration for the head coaching job.”

If they want him, watch out for the Texas money - we'll never be able to match it. But friendship and anew opportunity go farther than money
If Robinson wants to be a Head Coach someday, he should get away from A&M.

If Syracuse can get within 100-200k in salary I think he'll come to Cuse. DL/DC
The fact that Elko wants him, is a big deal. (I'd take Elko all day, any day)

If he and Fran are boys? I'd pick that all day, because $$ isn't everything. If they do a good job? They'll both be hotter than H3ll in 3 years. That has value, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom