Get ready | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Get ready

Lol, it's Wake. They are dumpster trash most of the time. He is an exceptional coach. We would be so lucky to win 8 games a year, even with McNabb we won 8 games with him.
I didn’t say he wasn’t. But other than one year 8 is the ceiling.

You’ve made my point, it only gets you so far and then the injuries kick in, which happens almost every year with them.

I didn’t say he wasn’t. But other than one year 8 is the ceiling.

You’ve made my point, it only gets you so far and then the injuries kick in, which happens almost every year with them.
Wake is worse than Syracuse on every facet. Smaller school, no football history, and mediocre fan base. What do you expect 10 wins. I highly doubt an elite recruiter does better than Clawson.

And as for Chesney losing, he should've been smashed based on recruiting talent. He kept it close, is a testament to coaching.

This isn't a Chesney endorsement either. I want a coach with a mix of coaching/ scheme and recruiting. We're not getting top guys, but couldn't it be someone with a 50 50 resume between recruiting and coaching
XC - give me who you want as HC and assistants.

Everyone truly understands that coaching matters. I don’t think anyone is debating that. You need to have talent to consistently compete.

The NY HS programs are SUPER excited about this hire for Cuse.

Fran is incredibly well liked in the NYC area. The coaches and players trust him and have been rooting for him. I am positive they will support and start sending the top kids to play for him.

I can only imagine how the Jersey programs are feeling.

We are about to experience a quantum shift in the program.

The NY HS programs are SUPER excited about this hire for Cuse.

Fran is incredibly well liked in the NYC area. The coaches and players trust him and have been rooting for him. I am positive they will support and start sending the top kids to play for him.

I can only imagine how the Jersey programs are feeling.

We are about to experience a quantum shift in the program.
Let’s see if he can flip Brown from PSU.

Boise‘s didn’t play 8 or 10 of those games a year. Petersen did a great job of building a top 22 that could compete with anyone. If 100% healthy SU this year could go toe to toe with any team in the league. Dino did a good job of improving the roster. But it doesn’t work that way.

What happened to UCF and Houston this year?

Holy cross lost both of those games.

As for Doug, like I said not much better than .500. ‘11 is an example where they couldn’t get through a season. In ‘12 SU outplayed Rutgers but still lost because Rutgers had better speed and size on defense and made a couple of plays.

By your standard Dino should still be here for how they played Clemson most years and those last play losses to FSU and Wake in ‘21.

The problem with SU the last couple of years hasn’t been scheme and coaching, it’s been the roster degrading through the year. Fundamental issue is the team needs more better players.
We lost to Rutgers because Justin Pugh (of all people) slipped and allowed RU the blocked FG that they took to the house. One unfortunate play. That play still gives me nightmares as well as Romey failing to pick up the slightly backwards pass that dropped to his feet and was picked up an taken 33 yards for a Northwestern touchdown. We lose 42-41.

Could have easily been 10-3.

XC - give me who you want as HC and assistants.

Everyone truly understands that coaching matters. I don’t think anyone is debating that. You need to have talent to consistently compete.
Guys who are realistic, would be Doug Marrone, Bronco, Candle, Tom Herman, Cignetti. Truth be told, it's hard to know who'd be interested, but I woulda like more head coaching or legit p5 offensive coordinators. Imo offense is the way to go when making a hire, defense can work, but id prefer offense. Honestly, a guy like Tommy Rees could be a hot commodity in a year or two. I think young innovative offense is the way to go if you wanna take a chance on an up and comer.

Talk to Chris Petersen at Boise. He must've had top talent when he was smacking around power 5 teams, or Gary Patterson at TCU before moving to Big 12. Heck, did Cheney at Holy Cross have equal talent to BC and Army? There's countless examples, we even have a huge example, Doug Marrone. He maximized talent, with scheme and coaching.
Oh good grief. So you pick the most glaring exception to the rule to back up your point?

And upsetting a G5 or P5 school at a FCS program as a one-off isn’t the same as being in the top half of a P5 conference year in, year out. For that you, for the most part, you need consistent talent. Anyone can peak and get a one off game or one off year.

Oh good grief. So you pick the most glaring exception to the rule to back up your point?

And upsetting a G5 or P5 school at a FCS program as a one-off isn’t the same as being in the top half of a P5 conference year in, year out. For that you, for the most part, you need consistent talent. Anyone can peak and get a one off game or one off year.
I gave more than one example, but ok. If you read the thread, Clawson would be a good coach type to hire. Interesting offense with mesh, and success at quite possibly hardest power 4 job in Wake. Give me offense, hope Fran Brown works, but I have a lot of trepidation, especially with the rumored oc. As a Giants fan no one talks about the RB coach as an up and comer, wish we woulda gone with a more seasoned oc with success, or if you went with position coach, qb coach is the way to go.

What are you even talking about? He gave you at least 3 examples

Lol, it's Wake. They are dumpster trash most of the time. He is an exceptional coach. We would be so lucky to win 8 games a year, even with McNabb we won 8 games with him.

They had exceptional QB play from a local kid who stayed healthy for a long time

If we get Williams you’d think it’s a 2 horse race with us and FSU. If Fran can get this kid from Georgia across the finish line for us just like that, imagine what he’s going to pull from the east. We land this kid and Penn State starts shaking.

They had exceptional QB play from a local kid who stayed healthy for a long time
Their new guy Kern looks like he is going to be really good. I'd say they will be back next year, and that's 100% coaching

Not to mention, Wolford was another strong qb. He just finds and coaches good talent at QB

Screen grab of an article on ESPN. I don’t want to think everything that happens might be because of recent buzz here with HCFB, but I thought this was interesting as Oregon had beat out PSU and MD, and he is a Baltimore kid (yeah, not NJ, sorry). Anybody have other info on this young man, or potential ties?

Attachments

• IMG_1600.jpeg
    IMG_1600.jpeg
    267.7 KB · Views: 120
No one knows how Brown and his staff are going to coach. I get being skeptical, but not being outright dismissive. Maybe they’ll be good. We’ve certainly seen our share of guys with good resumes who suck.
People keep talking about how Brown is high risk high reward, conveniently forgetting that we're risking, what, another two decades of predominantly crappy football?

Come on.

No one knows how Brown and his staff are going to coach. I get being skeptical, but not being outright dismissive. Maybe they’ll be good. We’ve certainly seen our share of guys with good resumes who suck.
Yeah and I watched the MAC championship and IMO neither of those two coaches are making a huge difference at Syracuse or creating any type of buzz. We need to try and flip the script and this is a much different approach. I applaud the effort and taking the shot. Nobody is guaranteed anything here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom