Get your H0T Takes right here | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Get your H0T Takes right here

Would surprise me if he's on the team next year...
Still young, still only a limited sample size for us to pull judgement from. I have plenty of faith he’ll continue to develop.

Sidibe got the hook within 2 possessions I believe. Edwards was first in,

Anyways I stand by statement that Girard is the most natural point on the team.

yup I agree here w/Girard...and w/Sidibe, there's going to be a lot of quick hooks I think between him and QG which is why I think Marek will be in the game rather quickly.

Please name a starting center who you had less confidence in than Sid? I’ll wait... it’s been a LONG time. Even Chukwu brought more than I have seen from Sid these two exhibition games.
lol. if you think (healthy) Sidibe doesn't all-around give us more at the C position than Chukwu did, you're blind/clueless. better offensive player and rebounder, and some of us do have confidence in him. nice takes tho

Last edited:
In regards to comment about possible Carey transfer, I’d bet that Washington is more likely. He didn’t play last night, and it’s doubtful he sees much time this season. In fact, I could see him as a mid season transfer. With Richmond coming in next year, it doesn’t bode well for him. I know he loves SU, the dream school thing, but...

Carey would be a possibility if he gets bumped by Girard or Goodine. But I’ll wait on that.

lol. if you think (healthy) Sidibe doesn't all-around give us more at the C position than Chukwu did, you're blind/clueless. better offensive player and rebounder, and some of us do have confidence in him. nice takes tho
Right... which is why Chukwu started over him the last 2 seasons and why Marek got more time at the 5 than him. I get some of it is injury related, but please please identify, other than that game against Pitt and a few possessions here or there , what makes him a better offensive player and rebounder than Chukwu? I hope I am wrong, but I see this as a real concern, point of weakness for this team.

Boeheim should be paid in meal vouchers and a dorm room.

In regards to comment about possible Carey transfer, I’d bet that Washington is more likely. He didn’t play last night, and it’s doubtful he sees much time this season. In fact, I could see him as a mid season transfer. With Richmond coming in next year, it doesn’t bode well for him. I know he loves SU, the dream school thing, but...

Carey would be a possibility if he gets bumped by Girard or Goodine. But I’ll wait on that.

When you're the 5th guard in the rotation and don't see the floor in the exhibition games, it's not a good sign for playing time that season.

A small sample size, but one thing I've noticed about Girard...he uses his body more intelligently and aggressively to get position than our other guards. He's pretty physically solid. There's some Triche in him.

It's the football player in him I imagine.

Boeheim should be paid in meal vouchers and a dorm room.

Great. Then you’d have player’s parents being the only ones willing to coach.

To be fair, a lot of people said that last year too.

And he waited behind a Senior. A lot different if you get passed by a couple freshman.

It's the football player in him I imagine.

The strong core and lower body is probably thanks to football, but the heady use of his body on the court can only be the result of thousands of hours playing the game, and not just in high school and AAU. Kid's got some playground talent, and I mean that in the most positive way. Where a lot of our recent guard have been skills-competition types without well-rounded basketball skills, Girard looks like the opposite. More Scoop or Lloyd (either one) than Carter-Williams or Cooney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom