Giants and Bills | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Giants and Bills

the bills qbs are so bad. watkins trade will set them back years.

I thought you were going overboard with your EJ critcism but even I, who tries to find a positive in everything, was pretty discouraged by his performance last night. Only the first game and he didn't play much, but he looked much better in his first preseason game last year.

They were forced into doing that because the previous GM foisted a weak QB in EJ on the Syracuse newbie management team. Thanks Buddy.
they weren't forced to use two #1 picks to draft a WR

It really wont, even if they didnt make the trade the Bills would be picking in that same 8-15 pick range like they always are and all the cant miss qb's would be gone just like they always are every other year. The only way that trade is a disaster is if the bills have a top 5 pick.
if you don't have a shot at a can't miss QB you have to be prepared to draft QB more often. which they can't do. the bills spend so many first picks on RB WR and DB and they wonder why their qbs suck

I thought Mike Williams looked good in his limited play, Jerry Hughes was flying around to. Was hoping Manuel would at least look decent but his performance though very short was underwhelming at best. Didnt like the Tuel interception play just an awful pass.
I thought the EJ to Mike Williams throw was really good and Mike Will should of snagged that but the screen pass really showed how big and strong of a WR he is.

What was with all the batted passes by EJ? In the end it was only 2 drives and the Bills had him throwing more complex routes than Eli and his 6/7 screen pass/dump offs.

EJ has all the physical tools and leadership qualities to be great, he just needs to work on his progressions, not staring down receivers and his accuracy (I know, sounds like alot lol).

I was really impressed by Duke Williams and im hoping we get more of that from him because that guy we saw last night paired with Aaron Williams gives us a d**n good safety unity with Searcy rotating in.

Spikes, Bradham and Rivers looked good against the run as our lb's in the 2 drives they were in and the d-line looked dominant as usual. Gilmore and McKelvin didnt play but those 2 will be good and with Graham and Robey, we have some nice db's. Preston Brown looks solid, nothing flashy, but solid.

I loved hearing Collinsworth praise the O-line and being talented and 2 deep at every position. When Glenn comes back Henderson might make it so the staff starts him at RT if he keeps playing like that. Bryce Brown looked freakin fantastic and we know what we have in FJax and Spiller. Chandler is a solid TE and our WR unit is donwright nasty.

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S GOOD IN THIS WORLD, PLEASE LET EJ BE THE GUY.

Everything else is in place, just waiting on a QB.

if you don't have a shot at a can't miss QB you have to be prepared to draft QB more often. which they can't do. the bills spend so many first picks on RB WR and DB and they wonder why their qbs suck
They were committed to the EJ project in a shotgun ceremony. Now they are giving him every possible tool (no pun intended) to be a success.

I really wish we had a veteran backup QB. Tuel is a gunslinger who I guess is ok but Thad Lewis is a waste of a roster spot. Dude is a less accurate, less mobile, less talented, shorter version of EJ who runs into defenders like he's looking to sack himself.

It was one of five PRESEASON games.

Starters were in for TWO series

EJ will be fine.

The DOOOOOOOMED crowd needs to get a grip Oh Lord

They were committed to the EJ project in a shotgun ceremony. Now they are giving him every possible tool (no pun intended) to be a success.
They really have.

Top 10, possibly Top 5 defense.
Good Special Teams.
Good Offensive Line.
Elite RB's.
Elite talent at WR.
Decent, Reliable TE in Chandler.
Crazy Depth on Offense.

If Manuel shows he cant hack it this year the Bills will still have a 2nd 3rd and a 4th round pick from the Stevie Johnson trade. They can surely grab a QB in one of those rounds. I understand what your saying but its not like the Bills have been drafting in the top 6 for the past decade and have passed up multiple top QB's. Usually by the time they pick those guys are either gone or if they fall they fell for a reason ie Brady Quinn, the kid from Ok St, Geno Smith etc.

I thought the EJ to Mike Williams throw was really good and Mike Will should of snagged that but the screen pass really showed how big and strong of a WR he is.

What was with all the batted passes by EJ? In the end it was only 2 drives and the Bills had him throwing more complex routes than Eli and his 6/7 screen pass/dump offs.

EJ has all the physical tools and leadership qualities to be great, he just needs to work on his progressions, not staring down receivers and his accuracy (I know, sounds like alot lol).

I was really impressed by Duke Williams and im hoping we get more of that from him because that guy we saw last night paired with Aaron Williams gives us a d**n good safety unity with Searcy rotating in.

Spikes, Bradham and Rivers looked good against the run as our lb's in the 2 drives they were in and the d-line looked dominant as usual. Gilmore and McKelvin didnt play but those 2 will be good and with Graham and Robey, we have some nice db's. Preston Brown looks solid, nothing flashy, but solid.

I loved hearing Collinsworth praise the O-line and being talented and 2 deep at every position. When Glenn comes back Henderson might make it so the staff starts him at RT if he keeps playing like that. Bryce Brown looked freakin fantastic and we know what we have in FJax and Spiller. Chandler is a solid TE and our WR unit is donwright nasty.

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S GOOD IN THIS WORLD, PLEASE LET EJ BE THE GUY.

Everything else is in place, just waiting on a QB.

Nice recap, I echo alot of your thoughts. In addition to Chandler, Moeaki has shown he can be a good TE in this league in a couple years here in Kansas City. But just like his time at Iowa, the guy just cannot stay healthy. So frustrating to see him not be able to stay on the field but at a certain point, you can either stay healthy or football's not the game for you.

If Manuel shows he cant hack it this year the Bills will still have a 2nd 3rd and a 4th round pick from the Stevie Johnson trade. They can surely grab a QB in one of those rounds. I understand what your saying but its not like the Bills have been drafting in the top 6 for the past decade and have passed up multiple top QB's. Usually by the time they pick those guys are either gone or if they fall they fell for a reason ie Brady Quinn, the kid from Ok St, Geno Smith etc.
What about the kid from Syracuse , who is going to be an NFL MVP.

I'm enjoying smacking down Nassib critics almost as much as I'm going to enjoy smacking down THunt critics when comes he out and burns down The ACC! Let's Go Orange!
nobody has criticized nassib for 2 years, 3rd string NFL QBs dont merit it.

we can all laugh at him crapping his pants in the pocket on that intentional grounding. he had him faked, it couldve turned into something...it seemed as if he immedietly realized this, but thats been an ongoing theme for him at practice. he looked sharp on some throws for sure, i thought the TD was a little underthrown and a corner who will make it to september likely wouldve picked it off, but i was happy with the TD, Washington made a nice grab.

i hope he can take the little success he had and spring board that into much greater confidence in the upcoming weeks. need him to get his act together and win that #2 job so strongly that the cutting of painter will be considered a given.

I will say this, I was proud of Marrone for going for it on 4th and long late. Punt doesn't do anything for you there, especially in the preseason.

BuMavwwIEAALrcI.jpg:large

Now THAT is awesome.

I'm enjoying smacking down Nassib critics almost as much as I'm going to enjoy smacking down THunt critics when comes he out and burns down The ACC! Let's Go Orange!

For the love of God, calm down.

Ryan was better than a lot of folks here ever gave him credit for, and he improved every year to the point where he was a very good D-1 QB.

Kid has some tools, but who knows if he will ever be good enough to actually be an NFL starter.

even if buddy nix forced them to draft EJ (he didn't) that doesn't mean you have to use 2 #1s on a WR

They really have.

Top 10, possibly Top 5 defense.
Good Special Teams.
Good Offensive Line.
Elite RB's.
Elite talent at WR.
Decent, Reliable TE in Chandler.
Crazy Depth on Offense.
ack never mind totally wrong post

can't see them being better than last year though without byrd and alonso

ack never mind totally wrong post

can't see them being better than last year though without byrd and alonso
I absolutely think they should be better. No Alonso but add Spikes. No Byrd but add Offensive Line help, Sammy Watkins, Mike Williams and Corey Graham. 2nd year in the system, more depth all over the field.

As an aside, apparantly NFL.com breaks down EJ's performance and it is noted that the deep throw to Sammy Watkins was money but Sammy let himself get pinned on the sidelines preventing him from accelerating to get it also noted the throw to Mike Williams in the end zone is exactly what you want out of your QB there, a catchable ball that only your guy has a shot at. If EJ connects on either of those passes, people arent freaking out today about a couple batted balls.

also, how did Bromley do? didn't watch any of second half.