Giants and Bills | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Giants and Bills

Pugh was a game captain.

until Captains are officially voted on, TC picks em.

that is an honor and shows what the Giants are expecting from him.

that is the best thing i've ever heard. i am proud to be a bills fan.
although in the middle of that booing is a woman being disemboweled judging by her screams

Not only did he take the no. 2 job , he sent a message to Eli. If some other team wants to talk trade now , it would take at least a first round pick , if the G-Men would trade him at all.
What color is the sky in your world? Oh right - orange.

If the Giants could get a 1st round pick for Nassib, he wouldn't be around long enough to say "Where am I going?"

This isn't a knock on Nassib. But no way no how is he going to bring a 1st round pick if he is traded (which I don't think he will be).

Not only did he take the no. 2 job , he sent a message to Eli. If some other team wants to talk trade now , it would take at least a first round pick , if the G-Men would trade him at all.

Wearing the orange colored clown suit is no less annoying because it's Syracuse.

Rutgers Al seems to be legitimately delusional, hope your shtick is just a put on.

Wearing the orange colored clown suit is no less annoying because it's Syracuse.

Rutgers Al seems to be legitimately delusional, hope your shtick is just a put on.
this has nothing to do with couscuse, just replying here

giants fans and non giants fans have a very different opinion about manning. he had a good season the second time they won a super bowl. but a career rating of 81 is pretty average during this era. 2011 was the only time he was top 10 in passer rating.

if a bills qb ever won 2 super bowls, he could start until he dies in my book, so i get that.

A number of NFL rating pundits had Nassib as a first round pick last year and higher than any of the QB's in this years draft. Now he has proven that he is capable of grasping an NFL system and is a secure no.2. Did you not see him bring Syracuse from behind in the 4th quarter at least 10 times , such as on the road at WV , USF and Mizzou ? And I'm delusional.

A number of NFL rating pundits had Nassib as a first round pick last year and higher than any of the QB's in this years draft. Now he has proven that he is capable of grasping an NFL system and is a secure no.2. Did you not see him bring Syracuse from behind in the 4th quarter at least 10 times , such as on the road at WV , USF and Mizzou ? And I'm delusional.

I appreciate your positivity and enthusiam for our alums but it's pretty rare for a player to be traded for a 1st round pick and when a team gets a first round pick, it is usually in exchange for the truly elite players.

You gotta be trolling by now, right?

I appreciate your positivity and enthusiam for our alums but it's pretty rare for a player to be traded for a 1st round pick and when a team gets a first round pick, it is usually in exchange for the truly elite players.
Well a QB of Nassibs intelligence is a rare commodity. A first round pick for an established player with huge upside at the most important on a team seems reasonable. Do you think it is a better use of risk to take a college senior , because that seems more risky to me ?

Well a QB of Nassibs intelligence is a rare commodity. A first round pick for an established player with huge upside at the most important on a team seems reasonable. Do you think it is a better use of risk to take a college senior , because that seems more risky to me ?

All I am saying is if you look at which QBs were traded for first round draft picks in the past, they were much more established than Ryan is after a solid preseason game last night - Trent Green, Jay Cutler, Drew Bledsoe etc.

Hey I hope Ryan has a spectacular NFL career even though I'm not a Giants fan. But I think you are getting way ahead of yourself. He hasn't even played in a regular season game yet.

In what universe is Nassib an 'established player'?
Statue-of-Liberty-copper-bronze-closeup.jpg

In what universe is Nassib an 'established player'?

Apparently the one where the definition of "established player" is a second-year player who was the 3rd string QB who didn't take a single regular season snap on a 7-9 football team. That's about as established as you can get, and would definitely warrant giving up a 1st round pick for.

Apparently the one where the definition of "established player" is a second-year player who was the 3rd string QB who didn't take a single regular season snap on a 7-9 football team. That's about as established as you can get, and would definitely warrant giving up a 1st round pick for.
lets be serious, hes not being traded.

got to at least see if he kills it v the 3rd string next week as well.

then they should ask for a 1st & a 2nd...

lets be serious, hes not being traded.
got to at least see if he kills it v the 3rd string next week as well.

then they should ask for a 1st & a 2nd...
When you trade in horse flesh , you better be able to judge them as yearlings because once they get a couple of races under their belt and show a little form , the price goes thru the roof.

Manuel stinks. Which is a shame because the rest of the team is playoff caliber. It's amazing how many QB's they passed on in the 2nd-4th rounds the last 5yrs when it was so obviously a glaring need and they so randomly decided that they just had to nab this 4th round talent in Round 1. What.
I know, not all of those guys they passed on were Russell Wilson; there were plenty of Jimmy Clausens in there also. But still, opportunity cost and all...

Manuel stinks. Which is a shame because the rest of the team is playoff caliber. It's amazing how many QB's they passed on in the 2nd-4th rounds the last 5yrs when it was so obviously a glaring need and they so randomly decided that they just had to nab this 4th round talent in Round 1. What.
I know, not all of those guys they passed on were Russell Wilson; there were plenty of Jimmy Clausens in there also. But still, opportunity cost and all...

He's played in 10 regular season games and approx 3 preseason games. He's had his good moments and bad moments, just like any other inexperienced QB in the NFL. It is way too early to declare that he stinks, lets see how it plays out.

Also he is not 4th round talent just because Mel Kiper and What His Nutz? say so.

I do agree that the Bills should have been taking QB's in those rounds you mentioned over the years. If the new front office and coaching staff stay around for awhile I hope they adopt a policy of taking QB's more often than the past few management teams did.

He's played in 10 regular season games and approx 3 preseason games. He's had his good moments and bad moments, just like any other inexperienced QB in the NFL. It is way too early to declare that he stinks, lets see how it plays out.

Also he is not 4th round talent just because Mel Kiper and What His Nutz? say so.

I do agree that the Bills should have been taking QB's in those rounds you mentioned over the years. If the new front office and coaching staff stay around for awhile I hope they adopt a policy of taking QB's more often than the past few management teams did.
the problem with marrone and whaley is that they pretend like they are sure that he doesn't stink. they're so sure about him they know they won't have to replace him next year (no first rounder next year)

which is nuts. but they don't give a because if he stinks, they're gone. this is why you need a real owner to put the kibosh on stuff like this.

that is the best thing i've ever heard. i am proud to be a bills fan.
Don't worry Tom. They are losers. You know how I know they are losers? They went to a pre-season NFL game. Not only did they go, but they paid money for it. Not only that, they likely drove to it, and also spent money on hotels, gas, etc.