Gillon wow | Syracusefan.com

Gillon wow

Love him. Although he's going to have a tough time getting his three-point shot off in ACC play.

RF, I gave you credit in the game thread but I'll say it again here: you were touting Gillon all summer and I thought there was no way he could be as good as you were saying he would be. But he has really impressed me so far and he looks like an outstanding player.

He adds something we haven't had since Flynn.

I can't say enough how excited I am for this team. The pieces are there and we're so under the radar.

I don't really think we're under the radar, we're still ranked in the top 20.

He really is freaking incredible.

Yes it's only the first 2 games against overmatched opponents. But like you, I was high on Gillon's ability. Seemed like a lot of people discounted his play since he came from the MWC. No, it's not as good as the ACC, but it's not like it's Division 3 either.

Love him. Although he's going to have a tough time getting his three-point shot off in ACC play.

Have to disagree. We have 5-6 three point threats. We can theoretically put 5 guys on the court that can hit a 3. This isn't a year where we have Cooney and G and that's it. Plus lots of 6' guards shoot just fine.

Last edited:

So, play him tight on the three point line and get smoked with the blow by for a quick layup or a easy dump off when help comes over. There isn't a guard in the ACC that's faster than Gillon. That kid has to be the fasted guard I've seen in my lifetime at Cuse. I'm 39 ;)

He is awesome. As orangenirvana mentioned I do worry a bit about those long release/set-shot 3s but man what a feel for the game. Total PG. If he was 6'0+ he would be a lottery pick. Same with Ulis last year. I still like him coming off the bench the way he is now in case Frank is struggling and Gillon needs to come in earlier than expected.

AW3 looked really good. Looks dialed in always. He doesn't have that athleticism to throw down dunks in traffic but he is a nice player. Sweet stroke. Seems to be getting better putting it on the floor.

TT is solid. Will be contributing.

Lydon just looks great. Looks in control and glad to see the 3s drop.

Chukwu had some meaningful contributions. Happy to see that. That pass when he was under the basket to whoever it was in the corner for a 3 was sweet.

Battle was good in the minutes he played. Nice passing. Ball doesn't stick. Huge. LGO!

So, play him tight on the three point line and get smoked with the blow by for a quick layup or a easy dump off when help comes over. There isn't a guard in the ACC that's faster than Gillon. That kid has to be the fasted guard I've seen in my lifetime at Cuse. I'm 39 ;)
Flynn?
Is he Payton Siva, or Russ Smith fast?

I don't think he is quite as fast as Siva or Smith but he is close. He's like a smoother Flynn and smoother Ulis. He's pretty put together, too.

I am very, very pleasantly surprised with what I've seen from Gillon thus far. Gotta love the quote above "GO GILLON GO".

Shamgod wasn't even that fast. Gillon has that TJ Ford burst I've never seen in a Cuse player before.

Plus, a great hesitation and change of pace dribble moves.

And probably our best guard finisher since, I dunno, Devo or Jonny?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom