Give ED Jersey 44 next year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Give ED Jersey 44 next year

Well, he *is* our best RB, by a mile, so...

65778847.jpg

Is that legal in college?? Man that would be cool.

I believe the NFL is the only league that mandates jersey #s depending on position(s).

There was a QB that played for Michigan that wore a weird number that was important to Michiga". I was to say it was a number like 98. Someone else might remember it better

I believe the NFL is the only league that mandates jersey #s depending on position(s).

There was a QB that played for Michigan that wore a weird number that was important to Michigan. I was to say it was a number like 98. Someone else might remember it better

There was a QB that played for Michigan that wore a weird number that was important to Michigan. I want to say it was a number like 98. Someone else might remember it better

Last edited:
Number 1 reason I want to go to a bowl. Dungey deserves it. All the BS (coaching changes, injuries, bad teams) get a bowl or two for him.

I'm sure it's legal, I believe the only number restrictions are that numbers 50-79 are not eligible to be receivers. So in theory he could wear one of those, he just could never receive that throwback pass or go downfield while playing any position (wildcat, ect) during a pass play.

He is simply amazing!

Here's what I would do I I was OC of Football Marketing in 2018:
  • Launch a Heisman marketing campaign without question.
  • Launch a social campaign during Spring Practice/Post March Madness on whether Eric Dungey should change his jersey to #44 for the upcoming season as he lives up to the values, drive and maybe the talent the fabled number represents.
    • Leverage things like "Did you know the last prominent Syracuse player with the initials "E.D." won the Heisman? (Note: given the consumer general mindset of equating ED to erectile dysfunction needs to be guarded.)
  • Pitch that in April as part of Spring practices, give Dino a reason to be on ESPN Spring Football coverage
  • Market it like hell for season tickets.
  • Before pre-season camp, Dungey says he is fired up for the 2018 season with Syracuse being a looming Top 25 team, but he will stick with #2 and focus on 12 one-game seasons this year.
Dangle 44, but don't give. Modernizes the lore of the number nationally.

I think they should give Dungey 44 before the Wake Forest game. it would be unbelievable publicity if we win this weekend and then next week have any of the 44s show up (last one was who, Rob Konrad), hand him the jersey to wear it for remainder of his career.

It would jump start next year's Heisman campaign. The idea it should be only for RBs is foolish at this point with the QBs running as much as RBs these days.

I think they should give Dungey 44 before the Wake Forest game. it would be unbelievable publicity if we win this weekend and then next week have any of the 44s show up (last one was who, Rob Konrad), hand him the jersey to wear it for remainder of his career.

It would jump start next year's Heisman campaign. The idea it should be only for RBs is foolish at this point with the QBs running as much as RBs these days.
Ive been chanting Dungey for Heisman like a drunken lunatic for two years and its surreal it may, though very very unlikely, come to fruition

ED would be happier if Dino took the 44 jersey out and got a 5 star running back with it. He could sat something like, " The first African-American to win a Heisman trophy was the impeccable Ernie Davis of the Syracuse Orange, and I want you to wear his number."

ED would be happier if Dino took the 44 jersey out and got a 5 star running back with it. He could sat something like, " The first African-American to win a Heisman trophy was the impeccable Ernie Davis of the Syracuse Orange, and I want you to wear his number."

if i was a 5 star RB, i'd want to see how the school treats their upper class men and that would send a signal that hard work, success yield the 44. I think it is a better way to handle that number vs giving it to some random 5 star kid who won't know the history of it until they get to the Hill.

Reactions: FAL
if i was a 5 star RB, i'd want to see how the school treats their upper class men and that would send a signal that hard work, success yield the 44. I think it is a better way to handle that number vs giving it to some random 5 star kid who won't know the history of it until they get to the Hill.
There aren't any random 5 star guys. And it would have to be to a guy that is all that, a 5 star person as well as an athlete.

I've said for years: Don't give it to an untried high school player who may not even start for a couple of years and might not pan out at all. Give it an outstanding senior, (at any position and make it something that can be earned here. What if we gave it to a 4 star running back and a 5 star guy was available the next year?

I've said for years: Don't give it to an untried high school player who may not even start for a couple of years and might not pan out at all. Give it an outstanding senior, (at any position and make it something that can be earned here. What if we gave it to a 4 star running back and a 5 star guy was available the next year?

If Dungey isn't the type of guy you give 44 to, then do away with the 44 once and for all.

How about if they won't unretire it or whatever ... maybe have our captains patch just be a C with a 44?

There was a QB that played for Michigan that wore a weird number that was important to Michiga". I was to say it was a number like 98. Someone else might remember it better

Devin Gardner wore it in honor of Tom Harmon.

Devin+Gardner+Appalachian+v+Michigan+CPob_wZOtFtl.jpg

21336036-standard.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom