Give Kentucky the trophy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Give Kentucky the trophy

wheres the official I have a bad feeling about kentucky winning it all post?

UK can be stopped, but I don't like our chances if we let up. Got to play all game or Have 31/2-5 players not 2-3 step up offensively to lay the pressure down.

Give us Melo back!!! Protecting the tin won't give them open two point jumpers because of worrying about them driving the paint.

Everyone else is playing for second place... It pains me but I just don't see them being beat... Anthony Davis worth every penny...

Why? Because they played a defacto home game against a team that shot poorly and couldn't keep up? I want our guys to have a shot at them. They can be beat.

You never know who might be declared ineligible next.

At this point, I think two things should be clear.

1) Kentucky is the best team
2) Have you guys seen the NCAA tournament? They're still going to lose the thing more often than they win it.

At this point, I think two things should be clear.

1) Kentucky is the best team
2) Have you guys seen the NCAA tournament? They're still going to lose the thing more often than they win it.

Very true. Ohio State clobbered George Mason by like 30 last year in the second round. Next game, they lost to Kentucky.

These things happen all the time.

Baylor looks like they can give them a game, that's for sure. Long, athletic, play a good zone.

Baylor looks like they can give them a game, that's for sure. Long, athletic, play a good zone.
Baylor has underachieved this year. They are one of the five or six most talented teams in the country, if you ask me. If they put it together, watch out. They could potentially beat anyone.

Baylor has underachieved this year. They are one of the five or six most talented teams in the country, if you ask me. If they put it together, watch out. They could potentially beat anyone.

This is a repeat of the UCONN posts, no?

We aren't even sure Kentucky is the best team in the country. They had 2 losses just like Syracuse, in a WEAKER conference.

I think Syracuse would have to play well to win, but they could beat these Mildcats...

If you can get Davis in foul trouble you have a decent shot. That kid is incredibly disruptive underneath - it goes without saying, but I said it anyway.

That shooting display today, and in the game before Vandy was incredibly impressive, but they are prone to poor shooting nights. Jones waking up of late is sort of scary - it obviously helps that they got the easiest bracket of all time. Duke might even be envious of this road to the FF.

If you can get Davis in foul trouble you have a decent shot. That kid is incredibly disruptive underneath - it goes without saying, but I said it anyway.

That shooting display today, and in the game before Vandy was incredibly impressive, but they are prone to poor shooting nights. Jones waking up of late is sort of scary - it obviously helps that they got the easiest bracket of all time. Duke might even be envious of this road to the FF.
I think the way to beat them is to play zone...hope Miller and Lamb go cold from deep...and, yes, get Unibrow in foul trouble...easily said then done. He plays very smart inside. One thing that amazes me about Kentucky is how they are able to defend without fouling. I'm aware it helps to have the eraser down low but still...they defend aggressively but don't foul a lot.

It's hard to argue that UK is not the best, most talented team in the country. But in the NCAA tournament, anything can happen. Any team that has an off game can be sent packing. With Indiana and possibly Baylor waiting the wings, I see at least two substantial hurdles for Kentucky. They may still be the favorites but they have not earned the Championship yet.

Wait, I think the OP is right.

Can we just quit now and pocket the savings from the next round? Donate to the football program for the indoor practice facillity?

Also, it would clear up next weekend for me and that would be a great relief to my wife.

Can we get a ruling from the NCAA?

It's hard to argue that UK is not the best, most talented team in the country. But in the NCAA tournament, anything can happen. Any team that has an off game can be sent packing. With Indiana and possibly Baylor waiting the wings, I see at least two substantial hurdles for Kentucky. They may still be the favorites but they have not earned the Championship yet.
I'm not sure Indiana can beat them again without their point guard. Zeller could bang with Unibrow inside and maybe get him in some foul difficulty but it'll be tough without their floor leader, Baylor has the athletes but do they have it between the ears?

You never know who might be declared ineligible next.

Let's not underestimate the presence of Joe Biden at these games. He wants SU to win (had his SU button on today at the game). I'm sure there are some investigations in the works. Probably has photos of the players with Ashley Judd.

I'm not sure Indiana can beat them again without their point guard. Zeller could bang with Unibrow inside and maybe get him in some foul difficulty but it'll be tough without their floor leader, Baylor has the athletes but do they have it between the ears?

Verdell Jones wasn't Indiana's point guard. That's Jordan Hulls. And interestingly, in IU's win against Kentucky, Jones was just 2-of-7 from the field and had 5 turnovers. He's actually not a critical cog in what they do.

Verdell Jones wasn't Indiana's point guard. That's Jordan Hulls. And interestingly, in IU's win against Kentucky, Jones was just 2-of-7 from the field and had 5 turnovers. He's actually not a critical cog in what they do.
My bad...The damn media were exaggerating the impact of the Jones injury I guess. They made him out to be a huge player for them.

The problem is, I don't know if Davis has fouled out this year. I think it was said during their first round game that he didn't foul out in SEC play, which is crazy for a freshman.

Let's not underestimate the presence of Joe Biden at these games. He wants SU to win (had his SU button on today at the game). I'm sure there are some investigations in the works. Probably has photos of the players with Ashley Judd.

You mean a vice president could actually...ummm. take action on something?

Holy Spiro Agnew, Batman!

My bad...The damn media were exaggerating the impact of the Jones injury I guess. They made him out to be a huge player for them.

Yeah man, you're absolutely right about that... the media has been blowing that out of proportion. The media has been propagating that 'point guard' stuff.

He's been a decent scorer at times for them, but he's very hit or miss.

Everyone else is playing for second place... It pains me but I just don't see them being beat... Anthony Davis worth every penny...

Yea, move over '92 dream team... giving them way to much credit pounding on a 16 and 8 seed.

Kentucky's problem is they have a shorter bench then SU. Who would think that.
They played 6 guys yesterday. Unless you count Wiltjers 3 min. If Jones or Davis were in foul trouble they would be in big trouble.

Syracuse and North Carolina could both beat Kentucky. If anyone else does beat them it will be a huge upset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom