Give me the reasons why you think Dino should stay | Syracusefan.com

Give me the reasons why you think Dino should stay

JRHEETER

All American
Let’s hear the reasons why we think Dino should stay with the program.

Let’s weigh the positives and the negatives.

He's a good man, a good representative of the University, he is recruiting good enough to compete better in the ACC than results show. Cons: No coaching edge, doesn't elevate his coordinators to provide one either.

These were three losses on paper before the season. While worse in every way imaginable, we could still go 8-4, technically 9-3.

If we lose to VA Tech, oof, even with 8-4 as a possibility. We have extra time to reboot before that which hopefully happens.

Because TV announcers still think “orange is the new fast” is something we’ve been doing for years.

I think I'm finally admitting to myself a couple things. First, that we have had structural problems in the football program administration and infrastructure. I don't think the school has been truly all-in. It's getting better based on little tidbits of information the last few years. I think any coach would have been hard-pressed to succeed.

That said, I've now had enough evidence to say I don't really care if they fire DFB this year. The next coach will find himself in the same challenging situation, running into the wind, but he can make a better situation of it. By, say, not letting the players select team captains. Playing with some cohones and confidence. Knowing when to cut the cord to coaches and staff who are not helping you. Another year of key players dropping to injury, but hey, no problem with our S&C guy! I call BS at this point.

I'm much more interested in the long-term scenario for amateur football at this point.

So, reasons to keep... If they want to keep cheaping out the way they have been for too long.

18-42 in 7 1/2 in the ACC , while years while making millions per year. I think we know
I know the numbers.

No one is firing the guy 7 games into the season when we’re 4-3. We may know his future within 3 weeks.

Anyone who draws the line after a road game at FSU is caught up in the heat of the moment.

The loss that was a killer was Clemson at home.

I know the numbers.

No one is firing the guy 7 games into the season when we’re 4-3. We may know his future within 3 weeks.

Anyone who draws the line after a road game at FSU is caught up in the heat of the moment.

The loss that was a killer was Clemson at home.
I never said I wanted him fired now. I wanted him fired 2 years ago.

We've been ranked in the top 25 3 of the last 5 seasons
25 players under Dino at Cuse have signed NFL contracts (yes I'm counting undrafted free agents because I can :cool:)
2018 still counts for something (yes I know it's been 5 years)
With a few bounces our way those 5-7 seasons become 6-6 and we've hit 3 or 4 bowls in 5 seasons
The defense was top 25 last two seasons
Should have a top 50 recruiting class this year
Works the portal well

Just some thoughts I don't know feel at this point in the season we can say 100% yes firing Dino is the answer. Everyone is always going to be all fired up after back to back to back losses.

I'm interested to hear all the fire Dino now folks who would be the replacement?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom