Give me the reasons why you think Dino should stay | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Give me the reasons why you think Dino should stay

People cream their pants because from 2005-2012 it was SU’s second winning season.

From 2013-2022 we have 3 winning seasons.

Syracuse has 5 winning seasons since 2005. That’s it. Dino has 2 of them.

With as little winning SU has had since ‘05 we have only had 4 head coaches. We give our coaches a lot more leash than other programs would if they only had 5 winning seasons in 17 years.
Dino was absolutely gifted one of the best QB’s Cuse has had, in addition to a lot of nice pieces.

Yeah, looking at this team and who they played (and how poorly), I'd kill myself if this is who we were right now. (And unfortunately, we are not that far away from this level.)

Lose 4 of your first six to Rutgers, Minnesota and Northwestern, and OK, USC. And we even lost to Cincinnati (without Brian Kelly, I believe). Not a good season.
We were missing Pugh early on. NW went 10-3, they were good.

That NW game we were screwed by that horrible late hit call.

Team rounded into form. Blew out a good Louisville team and hammered WVU in the bowl game.
No we had a 1st and 10 on NW 21 yard line with 244 left in the game. We need a field goal to win. Run the clock kick the field goal and win.
Instead we throw the ball to the end zone for a TD, and left them 244 to win the game.
If we ran the clock down they wouldn't have had time to score.

The 2018 team is the best team SU has fielded since the 90s and it’s not close.
I disagree. 2018 won 10 games but that team really wasn’t very good. But, it’s just hypocritical. It moot to debate it. Loved the 2018 season and the team, but it was meh.

I disagree. 2018 won 10 games but that team really wasn’t very good. But, it’s just hypocritical. It moot to debate it. Loved the 2018 season and the team, but it was meh.
How do you figure?

Won 10 games and arguably got screwed out of wins against Clemson and Pitt. Could’ve easily been 12-1.

It's time...In his presser when asked how to get to the player level of Clemson, NC, FSU he said it takes time to develop ...8 years is a long time ..also what bothered me is his laughter, flip attitude and joking at a press conference after a game you just lost 40-3..if you didn't know the score you would have thought we won...it was like we can't beat teams like that so we're just having some fun...the only positive is there are some good young players who I would hate to lose ...the new game like it or not is about buying players ..."hey son, do you want a nice locker room or 200k a year" ??? stop worrying about facilities and put that money into the transfer portal.
He has recruited 2 playmakers in his 8 years. Gadsen and Tucker.

I would love to know what our game plan was today other than try to stall and not get blown out. What was the offensive gameplan? Why are we flat. I know Purdue isn’t good but this doesn’t look like the same team. It seemed everyone was flying around that game. You can tell teams are spying Shrader, but 99 passing yards is unacceptable, especially considering the score and you would think the defense would soften up a bit.

I would love to know what our game plan was today other than try to stall and not get blown out. What was the offensive gameplan? Why are we flat. I know Purdue isn’t good but this doesn’t look like the same team. It seemed everyone was flying around that game. You can tell teams are spying Shrader, but 99 passing yards is unacceptable, especially considering the score and you would think the defense would soften up a bit.
Good teams figure out our O easily. The OL isn’t good, the WRs stink. So just focus everything on Shrader. He’s our entire O, so when he’s bottled up, or just stinks, then it’s game over. We have no plan B.

We don’t seem to have a plan to counter the spy. When Shrader leaves the pocket he has no idea what to do.

im also wondering if we have a hot read to counter some of the blitzing. Doesnt appear so.

We don’t seem to have a plan to counter the spy. When Shrader leaves the pocket he has no idea what to do.

im also wondering if we have a hot read to counter some of the blitzing. Doesnt appear so.
The play calling or lack of adjustments has also been obvious. Those first few years with AET, Ish, Custis was all Lewis.

after twelve seasons as HC (77-68) i believe he's cemented his legacy as a mediocre coaching talent.
Well no - sub par coaching talent at the P5 level and excellent coaching talent at the FCS and G5 level.

Everyone has a ceiling. The FCS/G5 level was his.

I’m kind of at a loss as to why we don’t target Villari more. I mean that kid is an animal with the ball in his hands.

Villari wheel route should be a 2-3 times a game thing.

I’m kind of at a loss as to why we don’t target Villari more. I mean that kid is an animal with the ball in his hands.

Villari wheel route should be a 2-3 times a game thing.

I’m at a loss why we throw east west with him and those inane TE screens.

Would like to see more vertical stuff with him or across the middle behind the spy.

Two games in a row we’ve gone back to the screen with him. I think of the 4 or 5 he’s broke one for about 10 yards. The others have been wasted plays. Having a big slow guy run a play designed for fast twitchy guys doesn’t seem to smart.

Well no - sub par coaching talent at the P5 level and excellent coaching talent at the FCS and G5 level.

Everyone has a ceiling. The FCS/G5 level was his.
Worth noting that Dino didn’t recruit any of the QBs at Eastern Illinois and Bowling Green that he won with. And of course he didn’t recruit Dungey.

It’s almost a pattern.

Let him get to the end of the season but don't renew. We can and must do better.

That perennial ACC FB powerhouse known as Duke somehow was able to find their coach. But wait, they're a basketball school......
Other than Clemson they have beat….let’s see Lafayette, northwestern, UConn and nc state. I mean I don’t know maybe they end up having a great year, but they could also end up 7-5

Well, in hindsight, it appears that that was mostly Sean Lewis.
Sean Lewis was 4 and 16 as a coordinator here. Not saying he is a bad coach at all, but the offense wasn’t great those years

I hate saying this, but it looks like Shrader misreads the handoff vs keeper pretty often.

Perhaps we have a hot read against the blitz, but it's not clear to us because Shrader doesn't see it.

The real question is what is a successful season for Syracuse football? I see so many people saying you can't fire him after a 7/8/9 win season. Really? What if the non-conference was a bunch of Colgates? Are we good with 4 wins over cupcakes and 3 in the ACC in a good year?

You have to evaluate the direction of the program and the results relative to the schedule. I don't see progress, and I don't think going 7-5 or 8-4 with half of our wins being weak non-conference opponents should be as good as it gets for Syracuse football.

Let’s hear the reasons why we think Dino should stay with the program.
Do does Dino even truly want to stay?

The difference in Dino's persona now compared to his early years here has been discussed. I mean, I'm no conspiracy theory lover, but my goodness, the lack of fire and the continued bizarre in game decisions really makes one wonder.

Why not accept a buyout and head back west?

If there is any truth to this at all, it would explain some things.

But even if he still believes he is trying his best, if someone lacks fire and passion for their job, it will show up in performance.

I hope this is not the case. But man... IDK

In all seriousness say we can get someone that is a HOME RUN hire
Do you think Syracuse has the money to turn it around like say Louisville did this year?
(Yes I'm well AWARE it's not the fans job for ANY of this just what to talk about it)
Yes we do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom