Give this man more credit!

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
No not CJ Fair.

No not Tyler Ennis.

Coleman? No.

Gbinije or Grant? No.

Rakeem Christmas. Yes.

This guy is starting to introduce his athleticism and utilize it on both sides of the court. I think it's safe to say he did some things on offense that left us in awe tonight. He's a fantastic shot block, good defender and improving rebounder.

I think it's time we drive and dish or start giving the ball to Rak down low. I don't think he's had a guard in his 3 years here that could effectively get him the ball in a position where he could make a move.

I think Rak may be onto something.

Anyone?

No not CJ Fair.

No not Tyler Ennis.

Coleman? No.

Gbinije or Grant? No.

Rakeem Christmas. Yes.

This guy is starting to introduce his athleticism and utilize it on both sides of the court. I think it's safe to say he did some things on offense that left us in awe tonight. He's a fantastic shot block, good defender and improving rebounder.

I think it's time we drive and dish or start giving the ball to Rak down low. I don't think he's had a guard in his 3 years here that could effectively get him the ball in a position where he could make a move.

Anyone?

I hope so, but let's also keep in mind that Minnesota's frontcourt was lacking.

Hope it is a sign of things to come, but I want to see more from Rak before I'll be comfortable believing that it is.

He has had moments like he had tonight before, but they are just flashes. He isn't able to sustain the athletic dominance for more than a couple possessions. I think it is his mindset or concentration, maybe running a play for him now and then would keep his interest level up.

He has had moments like he had tonight before, but they are just flashes. He isn't able to sustain the athletic dominance for more than a couple possessions. I think it is his mindset or concentration, maybe running a play for him now and then would keep his interest level up.

I just think we're lacking the ball movement and guard/wing play to get him open like we used to do with Rick Jackson. I mean Rak's not AO he's not gonna bully and baby hook

don't compare rak with rick jackson.
Oh for the love of god. Clearly I wasn't comparing them. I was just saying Our guards aren't as good at getting the ball to our bigs anymore. They haven't been since Rick Jackson.

dasher said:
don't compare rak with rick jackson.

He just said pass the ball inside to a big. Didn't read anything about comparing them.

Maybe he will make his jump next summer, like a certain someone else did, if I recall correctly? And I certainly expect improvement before then as the season progresses, so who knows?

Syracuse 2014-2015 could be the best Syracuse Orange team ever. Well at least till the next year.

Post it here after every game Rak knows how to pass the ball and find the open man well. He keeps his head up is explosive at driving left not so much right. I think getting by his man from the midpost and taking it to the rim at times could be key it could start drawing key doubles for baskets.
Hes really had some real real real bad luck he could have 15 assists instead of 4 this year.

He should make a 10 dollar jar whatever teamate misses a open shot off one of his passes has to put 10 dollars in it.. He would have atleast 100 dollars in it this year.

Syracuse 2014-2015 could be the best Syracuse Orange team ever. Well at least till the next year.

That seems to be the trend on here. Oh wait, I didn't catch the "the" in front of next year ;)

No not CJ Fair.

No not Tyler Ennis.

Coleman? No.

Gbinije or Grant? No.

Rakeem Christmas. Yes.

Anyone?

I'm as hard on rak as anyone but he had a nice game tonight. That said, I'm not certain he's ready to get a ton of touches in the post. And are you really going to argue that MCW or scoop couldn't get the ball to an open Christmas? I don't buy that at all.

Post it here after every game Rak knows how to pass the ball and find the open man well. He keeps his head up is explosive at driving left not so much right. I think getting by his man from the midpost and taking it to the rim at times could be key it could start drawing key doubles for baskets.
Hes really had some real real real bad luck he could have 15 assists instead of 4 this year.

He should make a 10 dollar jar whatever teamate misses a open shot off one of his passes has to put 10 dollars in it.. He would have atleast 100 dollars in it this year.

He did cross the lane going right once early in the first half, found Fair for an open three (but it missed).

Christmas is so decisive going into his move, best of the three bigs. He was automatic around the hoop last night - straight up and dunking with authority.

He needs the ball.

I'm as hard on rak as anyone but he had a nice game tonight. That said, I'm not certain he's ready to get a ton of touches in the post. And are you really going to argue that MCW or scoop couldn't get the ball to an open Christmas? I don't buy that at all.
Rak was a freshman who didn't wasn't ready for those touches from scoop. But yes I'll argue that MCW did not get the ball enough to the big men.

Rak was a freshman who didn't wasn't ready for those touches from scoop. But yes I'll argue that MCW did not get the ball enough to the big men.

I'm with you on not getting the ball to the post enough but I'm not sure I see that as something MCW or Scoop couldn't do. It's always a weakness for JB's teams. Those that do it effectively usually do o from a high-low play. But I tend to think some of it has to do with bigs getting position and doing something with it when they get it as well. When we have a solid big they usually at least get a fair amount of offensive touches (RJ, Onuaku, Hak, Carmelo, Otis hill etc.)

I hope so, but let's also keep in mind that Minnesota's frontcourt was lacking.

Hope it is a sign of things to come, but I want to see more from Rak before I'll be comfortable believing that it is.
They had Elliot Eliason.

GOAT

Rak wasn't ready to score offensively last year. Similar to sophmore fab melo, scoop rarely gave it to him in post up it was always off a screen oop. Ennis can do the same if he starts making those pullups in the lane and bigs are forced to step forward on him.
Rak used a slow bounce last year. Hes utilizing a fast one this year with much better court vision. Sometimes he looks like more of a pf then a center.

No not CJ Fair.

No not Tyler Ennis.

Coleman? No.

Gbinije or Grant? No.

Rakeem Christmas. Yes.

Anyone?

About time.

He is the only consensus All Star recruit we have acquired since Donte Greene (5* on all services + McDAA). He is finally STARTING to live up to those possibilities.

No not CJ Fair.

No not Tyler Ennis.

Coleman? No.

Gbinije or Grant? No.

Rakeem Christmas. Yes.

Anyone?

Loved his energy and toughness last night. He's an athletic freak and as you said, he's starting to utilize his athleticism more effectively. However having a plan to get him the ball implies that Rak has an offensive skill set, which is not the case. He doesn't a possess a drop step, baby hook or short jumper. Rak should hit the boards, angrily dunk anything around the rim, and play great defense, but he's not a guy that is a high percentage post-up scoring threat at this stage of his career.

Trueblue25 said:
No not CJ Fair. No not Tyler Ennis. Coleman? No. Gbinije or Grant? No. Rakeem Christmas. Yes. This guy is starting to introduce his athleticism and utilize it on both sides of the court. I think it's safe to say he did some things on offense that left us in awe tonight. He's a fantastic shot block, good defender and improving rebounder. I think it's time we drive and dish or start giving the ball to Rak down low. I don't think he's had a guard in his 3 years here that could effectively get him the ball in a position where he could make a move. I think Rak may be onto something. Anyone?

Hell no. He is more inconsistent that anyone i have ever seen. Three years in and i am still underwhelmed. Give me keita. At least you know what you get with him

Hell no. He is more inconsistent that anyone i have ever seen. Three years in and i am still underwhelmed. Give me keita. At least you know what you get with him
I'll take whoever gives us the better shot of winning that night. Last night it was Rak over Keita. Tonight...both are more than underwhelming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom