GMac and Hak Headed to the Rafters | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

GMac and Hak Headed to the Rafters

CJ and Etan would be my next two, but neither clears the bar and I love both. Dion, Johnny, and MCW would’ve had a decent shot IMO had they stuck around.

Love Jerami, but NBA success should have no bearing. It’s about what they did here.
True, honestly after these two I think we're good. Really isn't anyone else that meets the success they had here.

Vaughan Harper. Averaged a double double in his career here.

seeing that video above made me think….Autry probably has a better case than anyone that’s played post 2006.

John Wallace - has he been honored?

20 years...
WOW
Nice to see #'s retired to hang in the rafters to forever those great players and memories.
That entire team was special.

Hak...
Screenshot_20221126-072542_Instagram.jpg

I'd put Grant up there, because of how successful he's been in the NBA.
I think it should be limited to what you did while at Cuse. Even if we considered his pro career, he has made himself into a very good player but not an allstar, at least not yet.

It's been so long since we've had a true all time great player here, I think we're lowering the bar for what we consider great because we want to have one so badly.

Etan is a good one. I think he deserves it.
Not the flash of our elite offensively skilled guys but he may be our best ever defender and he eventually turned himself into a reliable inside scorer.

Grant dropped 44 against the Knicks last night. He’s become an All Star caliber player in the NBA.

From my time as an SU fan I would say only Hart (#24 points, #2 assists, #1 steals) and Etan (37th points, 14th rebounds, 1st blocks) should be considered. Maybe Shump. I can't speak for pre 1988.

Edit

Also both Hart and Etan were on the All Century team and both were 1st teams All Big East.

Here are the All Conference 1st teamers not already up there:

Autry
Schayes
Dave Johnson
DNic
Santifer
KJo
Shump
Addison
Wes (was also All American 1st Team only one 1st or 2nd Team not up there)
Buddy
Rak
CJ
Hughes

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online