gmac | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

gmac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Amaker said no.

He might be happy where he is, and doesn’t want to be the man who has to follow THE MAN.

Or - he’s going to be like Roy Williams was for UNC, and come to the rescue when the first guy after the legend doesn’t pan out.

all that may be true. But it all may not be. We don’t know. All we do know is they hired the guy K wanted who has 8 years of asst coach experience.

So, it’s like if Biden decides to step down.

Kamala is next in line, by virtue of title and position.

But nope!
We’re gonna have Mayor Pete be the next Prez, because he’s spunky and personable.

there’s a line of succession for the office of president. You know that. There’s no such thing in coaching.

all that may be true. But it all may not be. We don’t know. All we do know is they hired the guy K wanted who has 8 years of asst coach experience.
Duke hired their associate HC aka the position Red has.
So if we follow Duke’s lead that would mean the associate HC would get hired.

Bernie was technically the interim coach for the 3 games JB missed for prostate cancer. But I get your overall point.

Technically he was. But Hop coached the team during games.

Wonder why they didn’t hire amaker? Was an assistant at Duke for 10 years, went off to be a head coach which seems to be the desire here and has been a head coach for 20 years. He’s more qualified than Scheyer who’s only been at Duke with no head coach experience.

Maybe Amaker said no.

He might be happy where he is, and doesn’t want to be the man who has to follow THE MAN.

Or - he’s going to be like Roy Williams was for UNC, and come to the rescue when the first guy after the legend doesn’t pan out.
I have heard he loves it at Harvard. Little pressure, and he gets to coach basketball without many of the outside pressures/distractions.
1622930305249.gif

Technically he was. But Hop coached the team during games.

Yes Hop was the game coach without the title. Bernie was little more than an interested observer in the game huddles as I remember.

Duke hired their associate HC aka the position Red has.
So if we follow Duke’s lead that would mean the associate HC would get hired.

One size doesn’t always fit all. Where does it say that we, or anyone, has to follow dukes lead?

ok, so why is Red AHC and not GMac then?

If GMac is the next in line, he’d be the
So, it’s like if Biden decides to step down.

Kamala is next in line, by virtue of title and position.

But nope!
We’re gonna have Mayor Pete be the next Prez, because he’s spunky and personable.
Ok , everyone with most experience moves up to top job. Geez!

One size doesn’t always fit all. Where does it say that we, or anyone, has to follow dukes lead?
We also know John Wildhack had zero interest to make GMac HCIW when JB wanted it done.

We also know John Wildhack had zero interest to make GMac HCIW when JB wanted it done.

maybe John doesn’t like the idea of a hciw regardless of who it is. Would he have been for it if it was red? And he wasn’t going to go as far as tear up hops deal. That would have been a bad look. And I’m not even convinced Jb asked and John said no.

maybe John doesn’t like the idea of a hciw regardless of who it is. Would he have been for it if it was red? And he wasn’t going to go as far as tear up hops deal. That would have been a bad look. And I’m not even convinced Jb asked and John said no.
Where and when was it reported JB asked for that?

You are not convinced but the poster who said it is gold and I believe him.
You don’t have to believe that is your right.

Yeah because it’s not true GMac wanted the Siena job. Used every contact he had and Siena told him they weren’t interested.
Okay.
My god you have no clue and Dasher will tell you the same thing.

i don’t know which job dcuse is referring too nor which job dasher is referring too, but dasher already told you a school wouldnt wait for the SU season to end.

i don’t know which job dcuse is referring too nor which job dasher is referring too, but dasher already told you a school wouldnt wait for the SU season to end.
Siena isn’t the school Dasher was talking about.
GMac wanted the Siena job. Used contacts to try and get an interview they weren’t interested.

Dasher was talking about the MAAC job this year that the Marquette assistant got.

You are not convinced but the poster who said it is gold and I believe him.
You don’t have to believe that is your right.

theres only a couple posters I trust to be good. Otherwise it’s hit or miss and many times it’s just false info or a narrative or a mistake.

Siena isn’t the school Dasher was talking about.
GMac wanted the Siena job. Used contacts to try and get an interview they weren’t interested.

Dasher was talking about the MAAC job this year that the Marquette assistant got.

so you were wrong when you said there’s been no interest? Dashers reply was directly to you.

FWIW, and I know ESPN doesn’t always mean much, but last year they rated GMAC the 8th best assistant under 40 in the country. Scheyer was 2nd.

so you were wrong when you said there’s been no interest? Dashers reply was directly to you.
Lol absolutely not.
My god Dasher knows I know what he was saying.
The school didn’t want to wait so they clearly didn’t have interest in the guy if they wanted him to be their HC.

Keep spinning.
Dasher would agree with my point but again he is a poster I trust and respect. When he says it then it’s a fact and he wasn’t the only one who said JB wanted GMac to HCIW the gold standard that is RF2044 shared that nugget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom