gmac | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

gmac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol absolutely not.
My god Dasher knows I know what he was saying.
The school didn’t want to wait so they clearly didn’t have interest in the guy if they wanted him to be their HC.

Keep spinning.
Dasher would agree with my point but again he is a poster I trust and respect. When he says it then it’s a fact and he wasn’t the only one who said JB wanted GMac to HCIW the gold standard that is RF2044 shared that nugget.

your words. No interest. A school not wanting to wait till the end of the season means they had interest. Maybe your original reply shouldn’t have been so definitive.

8 isn’t 2.
Nice spin.
GMac isn’t the top assistant on the staff like Scheyer is was.
When GMac gets an interview for a HC at another school it will be a first.
I have zero clue who will replace JB. My gut tells me the longer Jim coaches the more likely it is that Gmac is named. Shorter duration Hop or Red.

8 isn’t 2.
Nice spin.
Outside of a school in Scranton, who would try to hire GMac away from Syracuse? Especially when the current head coach is 70+ and has already announced one retirement? it kinda doesn’t matter that much how much GMac is respected as an assistant.

Plus, we haven’t been a (consistently) ranked team in a grip and we play a d that most other ADs prolly wouldn’t want to chain themselves to. Our assistants might be the next Woodens or Ks, but there are a bunch of factors that keep them from being obviously attractive candidates for other schools.

Outside of a school in Scranton, who would try to hire GMac away from Syracuse? Especially when the current head coach is 70+ and has already announced one retirement? it kinda doesn’t matter that much how much GMac is respected as an assistant.

Plus, we haven’t been a (consistently) ranked team in a grip and we play a d that most other ADs prolly wouldn’t want to chain themselves to. Our assistants might be the next Woodens or Ks, but there are a bunch of factors that keep them from being obviously attractive candidates for other schools.
A school that wants a good coach.

GMac wanted the Siena job. Why did he?

8 isn’t 2.
Nice spin.

of course 8 isn’t 2. But 8 is still pretty good. And as per usual, instead of seeing something good about an SU coach or player you like to spin it negatively if fits your agenda. I didn’t post that tidbit in reply to anyone. Why didn’t you just say “8th? That’s cool”. Lol.

of course 8 isn’t 2. But 8 is still pretty good. And as per usual, instead of seeing something good about an SU coach or player you like to spin it negatively if fits your agenda. I didn’t post that tidbit in reply to anyone. Why didn’t you just say “8th? That’s cool”. Lol.
What fits my agenda Lol.
All I said is that GMac isn’t the best candidate to be the next HC.
Red is better than GMac.
I like GMac.
You on the other hand are the smartest person here who is never wrong.
Again if Dasher or RF say something I listen.
You just want to fight because you are bored or something.
Sorry.

I didn’t say anything about why he would want the outside job. I can imagine several reasons: to get experience toward making a case to succeed JB? For leverage against his next SU contract? To get his name out as a viable candidate for future positions? What do any of those have to do with why Sienna wasn’t interested?

What fits my agenda Lol.
Red is better than GMac.
I like GMac.
Sorry.
In what ways is Red better than GMac? And how do you know? Sincere question.

What fits my agenda Lol.
Red is better than GMac.
I like GMac.
Sorry.

um, I posted the tidbit about Gmac being listed by ESPN as the 8th best asst coach under 40. I didn’t reply to you nor anyone. But you decided to get your panties tied into a knot and try to make it a negative and turn it into an argument. Read my simple post then read yours. Do you have a mirror?

um, I posted the tidbit about Gmac being listed by ESPN as the 8th best asst coach under 40. I didn’t reply to you nor anyone. But you decided to get your panties tied into a knot and try to make it a negative and turn it into an argument. Read my simple post then read yours. Do you have a mirror?
Those types of lists are always suspect to me. How are they compiled? Where does the information come from? Who gives the information? What are they measuring?
it’s like rating college academic programs. Well, such and such program is best because it has professor A. Guess what, professor A doesn’t teach squat to undergrads, and if he or she did, they might just be a crap teacher that kids learn little from. (There may be some objective results from programs, like a Newhouse, but outside of that, how do people objectively measure the subjective!)

A black coach is the highest paid employee. We let Black QBs play QB before anyone else. We had a black AD. SU has zero issues with race color or religion.
I understand that, but that is because we follow the program. SU MBB is the flagship of the University (all due respect to Newhouse) so in that sense, knee jerk is reality.

SU has zero issues with this. Also Red would be the first person on JBs staff to tell anyone that.

I didn’t say anything about why he would want the outside job. I can imagine several reasons: to get experience toward making a case to succeed JB? For leverage against his next SU contract? To get his name out as a viable candidate for future positions? What do any of those have to do with why Sienna wasn’t interested?
Washington hired our HCIW.
Why did they?
Hop was guaranteed the SU job and left.

Siena didn’t want GMac.
GMac and Red want to be HCs they have said that.

Those types of lists are always suspect to me. How are they compiled? Where does the information come from? Who gives the information? What are they measuring?
it’s like rating college academic programs. Well, such and such program is best because it has professor A. Guess what, professor A doesn’t teach squat to undergrads, and if he or she did, they might just be a crap teacher that kids learn little from. (There may be some objective results from programs, like a Newhouse, but outside of that, how do people objectively measure the subjective!)

it’s nothing more than someone’s opinion. All rankings of this type are pretty subjective.

As most on this board know i have been critical of Gmac relative to his recruiting. Based on watching the Devo pod cast i reached out to a two friends who are very close to the program to get their take on him. In short both of them are hoping that he is named coach when JB decides to step down. I'm not close to the program and have only had two conversations with Gmac one which wasnt the best. At this point i have to say that i judged the book based on a very limited exposure and i couldnt have been more off base on my take on him. If you have not listened to the Devo pod cast you should. His passion for Basketball and his love of Syracuse is as strong as any i have seen. He is articulate, knowagable and extremely likeable. For my part no more Gmac put downs or jokes. He is a great representative of SU and i would make an excellent head coach. We are fortunate to have him. Between Red, Gmac and Hop we have three excellent coaches who will honor and carry on our tradition of excellence. I truly hope that one of them is named when Jim retires. Go Cuse!
I like G Mac as head coach, I wouldn't mind it at all. I mean hes one of Su's best players of all time, the most passionate as well as heart. I'm not sure there's much of a difference but you'd get what I'm saying which is pretty much what made him the player he was here.. Also I don't think he's recruited that bad, I've seen some of the players top players recruited here and he had a part in alot of them so I don't understand that narrative at all

Currently Autry's title is associate head coach. Gerry's title is assistant coach.

Scheyer was associate head coach and got the job.

Davis wasn't associate head coach, but UNC also didn't have one. Williams just had assistants.

So...
So what! The best person for the job is who I want to get the job point blank period. Seniority does not exist in coaching

Do we have a thread that hasn't turned into a flat out argument?

Differing opinions sure but damn.. it's non stop every thread I open
There are a couple on here that think their opinions are all that count.

There are a couple on here that think their opinions are all that count.
Nobody thinks their opinion only counts.
Way to be passive aggressive.
Sorry we don’t all think the same exact way.
Congrats you want conformity of thought.

Do we have a thread that hasn't turned into a flat out argument?

Differing opinions sure but damn.. it's non stop every thread I open
Not your fault Zoo as I respect you but this allowed the previous post to think only one side’s opinions matter.

The problem is the program is in a spot where it’s not what it used to be but people realize, it likely won’t be better than the prime.

Not your fault Zoo as I respect you but this allowed the previous post to think only one side’s opinions matter.

The problem is the program is in a spot where it’s not what it used to be but people realize, it likely won’t be better than the prime.
Call the FBI.

Washington hired our HCIW.
Why did they?
Hop was guaranteed the SU job and left.

Siena didn’t want GMac.
GMac and Red want to be HCs they have said that.
Not sure how any of these items has anything to do with what I was discussing with you. They don’t relate to what I have written. Are you aware when your other personality is using your profile?
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors