Go BC - Beat Duke!!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Go BC - Beat Duke!!!

Duke gonna luck out against BC. :rolling: Yeah they deserve to be number 1.

Pretty sure if you get the rebound and the other team's player completely takes your legs out - a foul should probably be called.

No foul on board?

Freaking choke artists. I'm gonna have fun with my deluded BC coworker tomorrow.

No foul on board?

Oddly, something similar happened with Plumlee 20 seconds before that and they called the foul. And he hit 1 of 2 free throws - the difference in the game.

I'd be a little upset if that happened to us.

Shocker...Duke benefits from the refereeing.

The foul that resulted in Plumlee was a lot more obvious, IMO. The BC guy flew into him.

But I think it's getting to the point where if I'm leading in the last few seconds and I'm on defense, I just tell my team to play as physical as possible and just dare the refs to make a call. More often than not, it seems, they won't.

End of game refereeing was TERRIBLE how do you not a call a foul on the rebound when one Duke guy puts two hands in the back of a BC guy and pushes him out of bounds and out of the play and another Duke guy takes the legs out from under the BC guy that grabs the board.

I can't decide whether that is the typical bullspit NCAA refereeing we've been complaining about all year or that is the ACC Duke Special we can expect to see next season??

It just means we won't be escaping Jim Burr with the move to the ACC.

End of game refereeing was TERRIBLE how do you not a call a foul on the rebound when one Duke guy puts two hands in the back of a BC guy and pushes him out of bounds and out of the play and another Duke guy takes the legs out from under the BC guy that grabs the board.

The push was insane! The guy put both hands on him and checked him. I'm not saying he shoved him hard necessarily, but I couldn't believe that wasn't called.

The Duke guard shoved one dude and then took out the rebounder's legs. Two fouls uncalled. Typical.

And then that same kid starts walking off the court holding one finger up as if they deserve to be #1 after that abortion of a game...

The Duke guard shoved one dude and then took out the rebounder's legs. Two fouls uncalled. Typical.

And then that same kid starts walking off the court holding one finger up as if they deserve to be #1 after that abortion of a game...
Give us the #2 seed in the East if Duke is #1. All day long.

The foul that resulted in Plumlee was a lot more obvious, IMO. The BC guy flew into him.

But I think it's getting to the point where if I'm leading in the last few seconds and I'm on defense, I just tell my team to play as physical as possible and just dare the refs to make a call. More often than not, it seems, they won't.

I don't know, the foul on Cook went from obvious to impossible-not-to-call when when Cook did the patented 'run away with your hands up and eyes bugging out' move after taking his legs out.

He practically gift wrapped the call with that move.

I don't know, the foul on Cook went from obvious to impossible-not-to-call when when Cook did the patented 'run away with your hands up and eyes bugging out' move after taking his legs out.

He practically gift wrapped the call with that move.

I'm gonna have to look at it again. The only reason I saw that about the foul on Plumlee was there was a lot less going on; Plumlee grabs the board, and the BC dude flies into him. There was so much going on after the last shot missed that I suppose it's possible you could think the guy just lost his footing. (Though that would make it a travel, no?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom