Gonzaga - South Carolina | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Gonzaga - South Carolina

It is amazing how little Charles Barkley knows about college basketball and he continues to work it.

My god he knows nothing but basic talking points. I love the guy on the NBA though.

Maybe we should have stayed in the Big East. At least we'd be in the tournament every year and most likely with a high seed beating up scrubs all year.

We weren't getting past Villanova this year.

If UNC gets curb stomped by Oregon I don't care who wins. Anyone but them.

It is amazing how little Charles Barkley knows about college basketball and he continues to work it.

My god he knows nothing but basic talking points. I love the guy on the NBA though.

We concurred twice in the same thread. Go figger. Statistically inevitable, I guess. I don't watch NBA, but I think he gets the NCAA gig for his recognizability. He gives the networks what they think is credibility.

Charles saying " nobody expected them to be here so their fans shouldn't be upset".

I ****ing hate when people say that. I don't care if I'm a fan of a 16 seed and we lose in the Final 4...I'm still going to be devestated.

Maybe we should have stayed in the Big East. At least we'd be in the tournament every year and most likely with a high seed beating up scrubs all year.

The Big East had 3 scrubs that missed the NCAA tournament. We lost to two of them at home.

Apologies for using strong terms, bit it is simply asinine to think playing in the ACC is what kept us from being in the the tourney this year. In fact it probably helped our chances of getting in. Our 8-5 record against a less than average OOC slate did us in. That has nothing to do with what confrence we are in.

The only team I don't want to win is UNC..

Cool. Cool.

its an embarrassment that they have yet to be sanctioned at all for a massive cheating scandal (and won't be); it's a joke that the NCAA has basically tried to find a way to let them off the hook

OK I feel you.

I hate them from the bottom of my soul.

YES

I'll put it this way - if ISIS fielded a basketball team and played North Carolina, I'm unsure who I'd be rooting for.

*Silence*

Um,...

The Big East had 3 scrubs that missed the NCAA tournament. We lost to two of them at home.

Apologies for using strong terms, bit it is simply asinine to think playing in the ACC is what kept us from being in the the tourney this year. In fact it probably helped our chances.

Our 8-5 record against a less than average OOC slate did us in. That has nothing to do with conference.
For me it's a hit on the WCC. Gonzaga plays trash all year and then one time makes the Final 4 against an absurdly easy gauntlet only to play a team who's best player is on his deathbed and all of a sudden everyone is on their D.

The ACC has nothing to do with why we aren't in the tournament. Have you paid attention to the games we have lost the past couple years in the non conference?

Apologies for using strong terms, bit it is simply asinine to think playing in the ACC is what kept us from being in the the tourney this year. In fact it probably helped our chances of getting in. Our 8-5 record against a less than average OOC slate did us in. That has nothing to do with what confrence we are in.

Excuse me your rational posts have no place here.

had they not played a 16 seed in game one they never get out of the first round as bad as they played that game

They still won by 20 points.

Which of the teams would be a cakewalk for the Orange?
Not even sure DePaul would be.

I'm still trying to forget two of our 3 most embarrassing losses were against BE teams.
And the reason the Orange wound up in the NIT.
Despite the pathetic nature of the SJU loss...it's the other one that keeps jabbing at me.

Big East

Can't a guy make a few H0T Takes while watching the Final Four without being called out for how incorrect those takes are?
To be fair, there were no hashtags in your posts. ;)

For me it's a hit on the WCC. Gonzaga plays trash all year and then one time makes the Final 4 against an absurdly easy gauntlet only to play a team who's best player is on his deathbed and all of a sudden everyone is on their D.
UNLV in the late 80's and early 90's was in the Big West.

Those Rebel teams were insanely good. Stacy Augmon, Larry Johnson, Anderson Hunt, Greg Anthony.

They won the NC in 90. Made the Final Four in 87 and 91. Elite Eight in 89.

Big Fish in small ponds can happen in college hoops. I think this Gonzaga team isn't their best team but they are in the title game. They earned it man.

Mark Few doing a handstand. I wonder if JB can do that??

Agreed they were quite inconsistent. TV Teddy, much as I hate to say it, was good. He's a good ref, I just don't like him because he's a hot dog. But the guy who missed the call on which Karnowski got poked in the eye, had a terrible game. He was freaking God-awful throughout the entire game. It's like he stayed out until 3:00 AM or something. :noidea:

He did both games?

Charles saying " nobody expected them to be here so their fans shouldn't be upset".

I ****ing hate when people say that. I don't care if I'm a fan of a 16 seed and we lose in the Final 4...I'm still going to be devestated.
I was not devastated last year after we lost to UNC.

I was not devastated last year after we lost to UNC.
If I flew out to Phoenix and watched us lose, I would be, especially when you're a SC who doesn't exactly make routine trips to Final 4's and came a bounce of the basketball away from going to the Title Game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom