Gonzaga - South Carolina | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Gonzaga - South Carolina

I'm an elitist. I don't want to see Boise State win a football title and I don't want to see these jokers win a CBB title.

Play in the WCC all year and then get a cakewalk to the Championship Game. I know this won't be popular here but I hope UNC obliterates them and sends them back to the minor leagues.

The SEC is pretty "minor league", when it comes to basketball

UNLV in the late 80's and early 90's was in the Big West.

Those Rebel teams were insanely good. Stacy Augmon, Larry Johnson, Anderson Hunt, Greg Anthony.

They won the NC in 90. Made the Final Four in 87 and 91. Elite Eight in 89.

Big Fish in small ponds can happen in college hoops. I think this Gonzaga team isn't their best team but they are in the title game. They earned it man.

One of my favorite non SU teams

One of my favorite non SU teams

Same here. I seem to remember one or more players making loud noises when they ripped down rebounds, which gave me extra reason to enjoy that team, on top of the many reasons other folks liked them.

Gonzaga never had to play @ Pitt and @uva.

Or DePaul, or Boston College ... Look, the NCAA is different from the regular season. In 2003, SU beat 4 Big Eight teams. So what? Whoever shows up means nothing. You play to beat them no matter who they are. Period. Win and you keep playing. That's all that matters.

Last edited:
Or DePaul, or Boston College ... Look, the NCAA is different from the regular season. In 2003, SU beat 4 Big Eight teams. So what? Whoever shows up means nothing. You play to beat them no matter who they are. Period. Win and you keep playing. That's all that matters.

It was reference to Alphretta saying that UCLA would finish fifth at best in the ACC because they don't have to go on the road and ay teams like UVa and Pitt consecutively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom