Good news or bad?? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Good news or bad??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every college player that declares but doesn't sign with an agent is leaning toward going to the NBA. An NBA career is after all their main goal. If during and after the combine Mal gets good feedback and likes where he is projected he will go. That is sort of the whole point of the process and I'm sure the closer to the combine it gets the more excited he is. I see no change in the situation since he declared and expect after the combine he sits down with his family and makes a decision based on his performance and feedback.

Edit: BTW next week us pretty much the cut off for finalizing our roster as far as ships go.

Last edited:
Sidebar: its a bit amazing to think we were all worried how the scholarship sanctions would hurt our team, and now, we would be thrilled to get to 10 kids on ship for next year. Just wish we could credit those unused ones, and get this thing over with. Should Mali go, we won't have time or ability to fill his particular scholarship. Think the most we see next year is 10, and thats assuming we sign two more players with a week to go.

I'm going to go with ABSURDLY GOOD NEWS:
Mali comes back.
TT signs on the line which is dotted (verbally).
7Yurt7 chooses Orange.
Quade, Diallo, and Tucker all choose SU.
And Bamba too. Why not?
And since we're at it - JB gets all his wins back from the NCAA.
:cool:
You forgot one. Carmelo is getting an extra year of eligibility, because they'd deemed the Knicks amateur level.

yeah but it is all meaningless until the combines. He hears from NBA people that he is not a first round pick and those rumors stay just that. He hears he is a first round pick, he goes. No one knows anything at this moment.
no, but the wind is blowing...that he gone...even as a 2nd round pick.

Brandon Triche was OK for a 3 star.
The staff didn't find him .. because they can only spot talent based on stars. He must have had an "ESPN composite" of 2d in the universe before they noticed him (;)).

insane. But if that is the case, I wonder why he hasn't hired a agent.
fwiw: Im still holding a candle he comes back, but yes the wind is in my face.

the early notes were that his mom had a level head that he wouldn't be chasing the $$$.

so theres that.

if the combine comes and goes...and hes showing 2nd round, I hope the groundswell of media reports work in our favour.

This is such a fascinating drama that promises to provide many more levels of joy and torment. I appreciate all of the analysis of Malachi's prospects and hope the best for him. Playing at the NBA level is an incredible opportunity that is brief for most. I hope he chooses wisely. I'm really looking forward to seeing who commits next week. I really expect JB to go out with a flourish and the final players on his last great team are going to step forward. Pretty good stuff for SU fans...

This is such a fascinating drama that promises to provide many more levels of joy and torment.

What? This is Syracuse Orange basketball we hardly ever have any drama.

Alright, maybe a little bit of drama. Okay, drama ALL the time! Insane drama! Like it never stops drama! For me, the drama is a huge part of why it's so much fun an interesting to be a fan. All the torment is just future happiness fuel.

There is something else out there that hasn't been discussed yet on this thread. If it were to happen it would be very interesting to see how it would work. Sorry for the lack of details i know its a cryptic post.
Good or bad ?

There is something else out there that hasn't been discussed yet on this thread. If it were to happen it would be very interesting to see how it would work. Sorry for the lack of details i know its a cryptic post.
giphy.gif

why are we playing games here? if it's SO secretive why mention it at all?

Either you know something or you don't.

Attention getters...

They're bringing back the script-font jerseys for the entire 2016-17 season to honor Pearl?

http://img.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./sites/default/files/2016/04/20/1.jpg?w=400&h=335&fit=crop&rect=261,0,859,720
I would buy three of these. One to wear, one to store and one to frame.

It's good news.. Last I heard it was a long shot, but things may have changed.

I'm 99.9% sure I know what's being referenced here.
Blink once for TT, twice for Bibby, thrice for both, four times for Quade, and don't blink at all if it's all of the above...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom