Good or Bad Idea | Syracusefan.com

Good or Bad Idea

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
This is just a thought exercise since we have a layoff now.

Thinking of the team honoring Pearl with the warmups, I was thinking of another tribute. Not sure if it would be cool or dumb.

The idea would be that for each of the team's remaining games, one of the players would wear #31. Each game a different player would wear it. You'd go through the whole roster including walkons. If a walkon was wearing it for a particular game, they'd leave their warmup top off so it could be seen. Not sure what to do with the name on the back, could go blank, actual player name, "Washington," or "Pearl."

What do you all think? Good or bad idea for a tribute and "we're thinking of you" gesture?

I noticed last night all the warmup jerseys had 31 on the back. Not sure if they had them for GaTech.

Pearls number is retired, I think they should not use it. Maybe a patch on the jerseys would be appropriate. I really like the suggestion about calling the Dome the "oyster"!

Depending on what "the powers that be" decide, we may have something else to name.

Thinking of the team honoring Pearl with the warmups, I was thinking of another tribute. Not sure if it would be cool or dumb.

The idea would be that for each of the team's remaining games, one of the players would wear #31. Each game a different player would wear it. You'd go through the whole roster including walkons. If a walkon was wearing it for a particular game, they'd leave their warmup top off so it could be seen. Not sure what to do with the name on the back, could go blank, actual player name, "Washington," or "Pearl."

What do you all think? Good or bad idea for a tribute and "we're thinking of you" gesture?
I like that you are thinking outside the box on this, encouraging others to think about how to honor him. Do you know, I never once saw Pearl play. I came to Syracuse a couple years too late. :(

Nike should produce some Pearl throwbacks like they have done Sherman Douglas and Carmelo Anthony.

Our fanbase would buy #31 jerseys in the cursive Syracuse. Donate a portion of the profits to Pearl and everyone wins.

However your pass the 31 jersey around idea isn't bad and would be a good honor. I would leave the name off the player's last names off and just have a #31 and pass it around.

How about a Pearl tribute kiosk at each entrance after you enter the Dome where people can make dollar or two donations to his health fund. Or just have students with Pearl shirts collect donations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom