Good to see Dungey on the sidelines... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Good to see Dungey on the sidelines...

Hey look, more reasons the AD doesn't trust the Syracuse.com media.

Cue up the "we don't have access complaints" from those guys.

There's a way to thread the needle - get access, build trust, and be good independent reporters. But these guys don't get it.

Hey look, more reasons the AD doesn't trust the Syracuse.com media.

Cue up the "we don't have access complaints" from those guys.

There's a way to thread the needle - get access, build trust, and be good independent reporters. But these guys don't get it.
Hard to make a case for access or conversation with the staff at all with know nothing dill-holes writing the headlines followed up by the actual writers inserting their own agenda and spin on things constantly. Which are almost always wrong I might add.

Pure genius.

I'm not even sure why ED was playing against Clemson. Just say the kid has a bug whatever, and sit him. We weren't winning that game if McNabb came through the door.

I'm also convinced that teams are headhunting him this season. I really hope he's OK. Kid has the heart of a lion but at the end, it's just a game.

I'm not even sure why ED was playing against Clemson. Just say the kid has a bug whatever, and sit him. We weren't winning that game if McNabb came through the door.

I'm also convinced that teams are headhunting him this season. I really hope he's OK. Kid has the heart of a lion but at the end, it's just a game.
The message that would send to the team would be so devastating to team morale and their confidence. " We are so convinced we are going to lose, that we are not going to risk our best player's safety, because the OL can't protect him, and our backup's health is expendable." While you might, and I stress might be able to fool the public into thinking Dungey was sick, or hurt during practice in the week leading up to the game, the team would know, and your credibility inside the locker-room would be shot. You play to win the game, no matter how unlikely that scenario is.

What you can do however, is game plan around risk. I couldn't watch the game, and literally only cared about one thing, ED coming out healthy. When I heard he went down, I was livid. Play quick passes as much as possible, get it out of his hands. Tell him unless he can run and get out of bounds, throw the ball away on any plays where there is no one open. Nonetheless, the kid had to play, or else we look weaker than we showed losing 54-0, and we did look weak, underprepared, and embarrassed. This was a great team we played, but they are in our conference, as well as our division. If we can't rally the troops to attempt to compete with them, what's the point of even playing the game. It stinks of cowardice. At least come out swinging.

Last edited:

Hey Mike Lindsley it's good to see you on the board

I'm guessing is that there is no REAL insight as to whether or not ED had a concussion? I'm also guessing that it is safe to say that he is highly unlikely for Sat?

I didn't see the game/hit.

I'm guessing is that there is no REAL insight as to whether or not ED had a concussion? I'm also guessing that it is safe to say that he is highly unlikely for Sat?

I didn't see the game/hit.

Won't know for sure if he's playing until the injury report is released on Thursday, and even then I'd expect ED to be announced as a game time decision (even if the staff knows that he's sitting out).

Either he's playing or he's not or he has a concussion…or he don't.

Reservoir%2BDogs%2B22.png

I just don't know how many times, some hack has to write the same article on Dungey... Not downplaying any of it but it seems every blogger or journalist has to write the same article on the kid, we get it and I am sure he and his family do as well

The real crazy thing is that every bit of written material on this "he takes a lot of hits, we should all assume the worst" is almost all based on uninformed opinions. The most interesting thing I read was Whigham's take on it all. A guy with real experience in the program with knowledge of the situation. And he didn't even know what the next steps were.

According to Axe and Bailey, Dungey's been concussed 45 times, maybe.

Don't forget, NC State was a missed FG from beating Clemson

Indeed...at Clemson to boot! And, the missed boot was a relative chippy at approx. 32 yards under perfect conditions.

The Pack has never recovered from that missed FG. Had a good chance to beat FSU this past weekend and we managed to yet again pull defeat from the jaws of victory.

Not sure which NCSU team will show up this Saturday, but playing not to lose is never good.

Hope Dungey is ok and available to play on Saturday!

Latest gem:
"Dungey is undergoing unspecified testing following a hard he took in the first quarter at Clemson."

I understand budget cuts, but I would think you can reread your own work a few times before posting it.

Latest gem:
"Dungey is undergoing unspecified testing following a hard he took in the first quarter at Clemson."

I understand budget cuts, but I would think you can reread your own work a few times before posting it.
It's probably a race to get it out before the 47 other articles about it are published. Reread? Ain't nobody got time for that.

It's probably a race to get it out before the 47 other articles about it are published. Reread? Ain't nobody got time for that.
I wonder if bud has his whizbang of an article about leather helmets primed and ready.

I wonder if bud has his whizbang of an article about leather helmets primed and ready.

I think he needs to talk to head huzzah Dino Babers first. Or perhaps some of the unwashed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom