Goodbye Benny? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Goodbye Benny?

Jim was ok. Hes been way worse. This isnt even to 50 material.
Of course, but he said he would address Benny's absence after the game and then when asked he says the kid has an attitude and throws in that "which is typical of Syracuse" line. It's a bad look and frankly just diminishes him even more than is already happening based on results.

that was something. Nothing new but something. How about just be a better person. I thought after his incident/tragedy that he was involved in, that he truly would appreciate life and everyone in it and those who are around him and that is what makes me mad about how he acts. That comment is not meant to be insensitive in any way either. I just thought he would be far more patient and helpful to everyone. Usually things like that change people. Guess it didn’t change him

Of course, but he said he would address Benny's absence after the game and then when asked he says the kid has an attitude and throws in that "which is typical of Syracuse" line. It's a bad look and frankly just diminishes him even more than is already happening based on results.
He’s 78 years old, I don’t think he gives an ef what the media thinks of him lol didn’t care when he was 35, won’t cares he’s 95

The school is now looking bad as they let this continue. Maybe the Athletic needs to investigate...

Watching Jims pressers is way better than watching his team play this year. Actually the last 4 years or so the pressers have been really entertaining. Kadary time was must see tv and who will ever forget those fireside chats with Dad and the boys. This year has been pretty strong and im expecting a big finish.

The most important question is why does your team always blow it in close games but he doesn't like that question either

Their plays are too easy to defend, and our players are not individually skilled enough to beat guys 1 on 1.

We mainly think of the JB media act as a local issue - now the larger basketball community, the country, are watching. JB's behavior is a negative representation of the program and university at this point.
The national media has really started to notice the Cuse decline and AW bringing celebs to watch Cuse lose… we’re the next talking point after Lville and Gtown finally won their games.

He sounds so lifeless and miserable in interviews. If you don’t like tough questions, just leave already, you are bringing all of Syracuse fandom down with you. The program has been run into the ground and you're the man at the top, accept it's not working and ride off into the sunset.

I think he wants to top K's wins record, even with the 101 taken away. Seriously.

Honestly you said it all. You know nothing about Benny but you are judging him based on what you see watching tv and probably based on what you read on a message board. If you judged me based on seeing me watch games officiated by Tim
Higgins and Jim Burr you would think I was obviously a psycho killer.

Some of us have gotten the opportunity to know him a little and can confidently say you couldn’t be more wrong.
That’s true, and a grown-up perspective. However, it’s also true that 99.2% of all sports fandom is surface. We are all only reacting to what is presented to us.

I think he wants to top K's wins record, even with the 101 taken away. Seriously.
Just observing the board’s reaction to the loss tonight, and added to that, the Benny Williams no show.

Seems like people get down when we lose which is natural and especially when there is another event taking place that no one really knows the answer to. Not a good night.

Some take JB too hard. He is what he is, an older, tough son of a bitch who handles the press the way he does. He is what he is. Aside from the student reporter, I didn’t see anything to call ridiculous. At this point, you like him or hate him and wish he’d leave, now.

The team, 11-18 from the line and 3 -15 from the 3? They were 12-15 from the line and 9 – 21 from the 3. So they win shooting better free throws. If we go 17-18 at the line, we win by one to #6 Virginia. Except for two games, our losses haven’t been by a huge margin. Tonight by 5, NC by 4, Mia by 4, ND by 4, V by 7, Pitt by 2. And, we are not, IMO, a very good team but we try like hell.

We run hot and cold like Joe runs hot and cold, 28 at GT, then single digits including tonight. Without his scoring it makes a big difference. Without Mintz, it would have been a blowout. And, Joe and Jesse won’t be here next year. That’s big.

This will not be a good year. It will be another losing season. I said that last year. I can imagine how this board will react to that if it does come to fruition.

Benny Williams doesn’t show up on a game night at the Dome on a game night at Syracuse University in front of 19,272 fans?

That he didn’t show up is outrageous. Nice example for the rest of the team. On the other hand, who knows, maybe someone in his family IS I’ll.

The only thing to do is wait for an announcement.

I wish I could delete 6 of those free through misses tonight. If we make our normal percentage at the FT line, we win. Then all this talk wouldn't be happening. Just a few free throws. Sucks.

Benny and the Jet….that he flies out on to Fordham

if that’s the same student reporter, he’s letting JB push his buttons.

”is that the most important question?”
you just stop and back and forth and make Jim answer the question
The reporter Should have responded that no, the most important question is what are the details of the ironclad transition plan that you mentioned a few years ago, Coach? Throw it right back in his face. That wouldn’t have gone well either but if JB. is going to continue be a douche to the media, he reaps what he sows. Being an a-hole to the media is by proxy being an a-hole to the fans, as it is through the media that fans still get the most info about the program.

He has always been a bully, but it’s a lot less excusable when you have a decade of diminishing returns.

Just observing the board’s reaction to the loss tonight, and added to that, the Benny Williams no show.

Seems like people get down when we lose which is natural and especially when there is another event taking place that no one really knows the answer to. Not a good night.

Some take JB too hard. He is what he is, an older, tough son of a bitch who handles the press the way he does. He is what he is. Aside from the student reporter, I didn’t see anything to call ridiculous. At this point, you like him or hate him and wish he’d leave, now.

The team, 11-18 from the line and 3 -15 from the 3? They were 12-15 from the line and 9 – 21 from the 3. So they win shooting better free throws. If we go 17-18 at the line, we win by one to #6 Virginia. Except for two games, our losses haven’t been by a huge margin. Tonight by 5, NC by 4, Mia by 4, ND by 4, V by 7, Pitt by 2. And, we are not, IMO, a very good team but we try like hell.

We run hot and cold like Joe runs hot and cold, 28 at GT, then single digits including tonight. Without his scoring it makes a big difference. Without Mintz, it would have been a blowout. And, Joe and Jesse won’t be here next year. That’s big.

This will not be a good year. It will be another losing season. I said that last year. I can imagine how this board will react to that if it does come to fruition.

Benny Williams doesn’t show up on a game night at the Dome on a game night at Syracuse University in front of 19,272 fans?

That he didn’t show up is outrageous. Nice example for the rest of the team. On the other hand, who knows, maybe someone in his family IS I’ll.

The only thing to do is wait for an announcement.
When you're old you're considered a tough sob, when you're under 40 the same actions make you a crybaby.

His frosty responses during pressers and public berating players most likely cost us plenty of recruits over the years. Great fodder for other coaches to bring to the forefront when recruits narrow college choices.

i think benny will thrive with better coaching. kid's got talent.
In the right situation, he might average in the teens. I think he needs to be on a team where he is by far the best option. He seems pretty inefficient and will need lots of opportunities each game to score that much.

I like the kid because by all accounts, he works hard.

His in-game IQ is pretty low though. Something bad always happens.

When you win people tolerate your churlish behavior and call it feisty. When you don't you win people begin to realize you are a narcissist and a jerk.
The narcissistic jerk gave Benny almost 2 seasons to grow up. It took a lot of patience to have to try to give a highly rated recruit a chance to succeed, nonstop criticism. It seems easy for people here to turn the page on a young guy who has obvious high potential.

Charmin extra soft everywhere…

Also, if people knew how many “personal days” Paul Harris took they’d be stunned. 20 year olds making bad decisions, it’s not a new problem.

I’d rather work the Freshmen. The trio of Taylor, Bell, Brown are very formidable. If Taylor could hit the broad side of a barn last night on the Jesse double skip pass, different ball game at the end. But that’s how it goes, shooter’s gonna have an off night.

I sometimes question whether any of you have ever watched a JB press conference lol. Been this way for 40 years, there are countless YouTube clips of JB and reporters will tell you stories of him ripping people in the 80s.
Sure but like I've been saying for years now, you can get away with that behavior when your winning 25-30 games a season.
When you stink and act like that, your just a jerk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom