Goodbye Benny? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Goodbye Benny?

Jims personality, more importantly his extreme insecurities have always been ugly. Its his worst trait.

As to Benny he has been afforded an enormous opportunity and hasn't played well.
Benny needs to transfer for his own good. A fresh start is exactly what he needs. It will be good for him and good for the team. Im sure the staff will help him land in a good spot.

As to Jim he has the mind to coach another 5 or more years but i dont think he has the patience or personality to coach todays players. This year is over and next year will not be much different.
Joe Jesse Benny and im sure one other player will leave. Bees says he staying next year and i believe that.
Jim has to look in the mirror and decide why he wants to keep coaching as he seems miserable.
Its sad for the players, staff, Jim and his family. Only JB can change narrative. This has always been his call, his decision. Hopefully he pulls himself together and finishes stron
Kind of pissed JB didn’t make the move to start Brown earlier between semesters so that Benny could go then to get on with his life.
If he had the whole Benny controversy would have just festered longer. Thankfully it now seems to have run its course.

yeah, he's so over it. I can't believe this is going to continue after this year. I can't. I just can't. I...

he's coming back, isn't he
with Joe

i hope no one saw my terrible joke

We mainly think of the JB media act as a local issue - now the larger basketball community, the country, are watching. JB's behavior is a negative representation of the program and university at this point.
And the absolute worst part of this behavior is he always is the cruelest to the kids who pay tuition to the university that pays his salary. Miserable old jerk.

I don’t think Jim is miserable at all.

He’s the biggest celebrity in CNY. He’s putting in less hours than he did in the past. And apparently there’s no expectation that he run a top 25 program or even make the tournament.

I think he’s having a great time. Seriously.

I sometimes question whether any of you have ever watched a JB press conference lol. Been this way for 40 years, there are countless YouTube clips of JB and reporters will tell you stories of him ripping people in the 80s.

Last edited:
Nice kid? He’s pouted for 2 years, complains constantly on the court, sulks when we’re playing well. All I know about him is what everyone else does and seeing him on the court he looks like an ass.
Honestly you said it all. You know nothing about Benny but you are judging him based on what you see watching tv and probably based on what you read on a message board. If you judged me based on seeing me watch games officiated by Tim
Higgins and Jim Burr you would think I was obviously a psycho killer.

Some of us have gotten the opportunity to know him a little and can confidently say you couldn’t be more wrong.

Then he continues on to do his "typical for Syracuse" line. So disrespectful.
The second to last question I am with him, I don’t remember that sequence either. Was definitely not the best question.

Others though, totally fine.

Then he continues on to do his "typical for Syracuse" line. So disrespectful.
Ugggh. I almost never watch pressers, but wanted to see this one first hand. Yeah, douche. Entirely without grace. “Is that the most important question…?” Effoff.

And that’s ignoring his “typical” poor grasp of logic. “If we make our free throws,“ we don’t necessarily win. It just becomes a different game and VA plays differently, as well.

Funny, how after his initial petulance, he did the remaining two-thirds like a reasonable person. Like a tired, old, answerless person, but like an adult human being.…

Jims personality, more importantly his extreme insecurities have always been ugly. Its his worst trait.

As to Benny he has been afforded an enormous opportunity and hasn't played well.
Benny needs to transfer for his own good. A fresh start is exactly what he needs. It will be good for him and good for the team. Im sure the staff will help him land in a good spot.

As to Jim he has the mind to coach another 5 or more years but i dont think he has the patience or personality to coach todays players. This year is over and next year will not be much different.
Joe Jesse Benny and im sure one other player will leave. Bees says he staying next year and i believe that.
Jim has to look in the mirror and decide why he wants to keep coaching as he seems miserable.
Its sad for the players, staff, Jim and his family. Only JB can change narrative. This has always been his call, his decision. Hopefully he pulls himself together and finishes strong.

He needs to decide because he's accountable to no one.

There is no sense arguing why that is the case at this point... It is what it is.

We all think this our program as fans and alumni...

It's not.

It's JB's program to do with what he wants, however he wants - period.

We just had to endure some of the worst years of this with his vanity family project with his kids in on scholly as a an affirmation of how he can do whatever he wants and damn the torpedoes.

This ridiculousness might somehow work when u are winning.

He's not winning... For a long time now.

It's old and tired.

Just like...

Whatever.

What a terrible way to go out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online