Goodine and Guerrier | Syracusefan.com

Goodine and Guerrier

I was told one was our 3rd guard and maybe the best guard and the other was a 1 and done candidate.

What's great is I hear two similarly or worse ranked guys are coming in next year and are our missing pieces again.

I had extremely high hopes for these two. Especially Goodine. He cant chew gum and pass the ball. He hasn't made a three pointer yet. He seems to have the same yips that B J and Carey had here. What gives? He was in the Mickey d 3 point contest and hasn't come close 13 games in. ...?...?Anyone have a clue. I think he's stuck in episode of Lost and cant get off the island.

I had extremely high hopes for these two. Especially Goodine. He cant chew gum and pass the ball. He hasn't made a three pointer yet. He seems to have the same yips that B J and Carey had here. What gives? He was in the Mickey d 3 point contest and hasn't come close 13 games in. ...?...?Anyone have a clue. I think he's stuck in episode of Lost and cant get off the island.
Carey had 26 against UConn at the garden in like his 4th college game ever...

Carey had 26 against UConn at the garden in like his 4th college game ever...
Still waiting. Maybe talk to your buddy Zoo, he might be able to bail you out.

Still waiting. Maybe talk to your buddy Zoo, he might be able to bail you out.
I’m well aware Jalen hasn’t been good since then. But how you can take that away from him? If Goodine scored 26 tonight how would you feel?

Goodine seems...stiff. Like off the dribble, he’s got no...”wiggle”. Looks weird in his attempts to go by anybody. Like his hips don’t turn or something.

I was told one was our 3rd guard and maybe the best guard and the other was a 1 and done candidate.

What's great is I hear two similarly or worse ranked guys are coming in next year and are our missing pieces again.
we hear every year how better the incoming frosh are than what we have. and it never turns out to be true.

And 7 turnovers too. 0 assists.

It was possibly the least impressive 26 point game for a “point guard” ever.
Carey showed flashes vs a decent high level d1 team in a game no one else we had did anything in. What has Goodine done?

Goodine will be fine. He’s tentative but he has potential.

Guerrier is a bigger concern in my mind.

Nothing.

Carey is a big time athlete. He’s got that.

Just get the sense that Carey will transfer.

I think there will be a few other big moves in the offseason. Just a hunch.

I think these guys are anomalies performing below their rankings.

Not sure why we should expect a third year of bad luck. Last year was worse with Jalen and New Balance kid getting rewarded for not playing. Will lightning strike us 3 times?

I want more transfers and to punt on some of these guys I don’t wanna wait 3 years for them to become average. I don’t know why I am the only one clamoring for this we don’t get 5 stars and our transfers have been awesome this decade. Do you all think Eli Wes and G suck or something?

Do me a favor.
Go to youtube and look at game clips of Goodine and compare them to the clips of Richmond and compare Guerrier's game clips to Newton's.

Also critique the competition.

No you weren’t/don’t

My worst fear for quincy is he has a case of the goofies for 2 and a half years before he starts to get it.
Goofy ball is a strange thing for guys who like to run hard. Some end up being fab melo, James Southerland, MCW, Others end up like a paul harris/Chukwu. Others end up being like sean williams, ron patterson, kaleb Joseph, Dashonte riley.

For the first 10 games quincy has shown he can always get a soft prayer up when hit on the wrist, but when someone slaps ball instead, it's a turnover or out of bounce always. It's extremely perplexing. He is not ready for one handed rebounds or receiving one handed entry passes yet. Although I am probably wrong, from tv he seems like one of those guys that might develop vice-grip death hands that first team all conference players dream of.

Imo Goodine should redshirt if Howard will be healthy the rest of the year. He's not jumping from 2 ppg to 7 in acc play without knocking down a three and a half a game. Washington has a better shot atm. Only reason not to redshirt Goodine is he's our only true in your face guard defender at the moment.

Last edited:
Carmelo Anthony
Gerry McNamara
Eric Devendorf
Jonny Flynn
Tyler Ennis
Tyler Lydon
Malachi Richardson
Tyus Battle
Oshae Brissett

Never.
[/QUOTE
true. these guys lived up to the hype.

My worst fear for quincy is he has a case of the goofies for 2 and a half years before he starts to get it.
Goofy ball is a strange thing for guys who like to run hard. Some end up being fab melo, James Southerland, MCW, Others end up like a paul harris/Chukwu. Others end up being like sean williams, ron patterson, kaleb Joseph, Dashonte riley.

For the first 10 games quincy has shown he can always get a soft prayer up when hit on the wrist, but when someone slaps ball instead, it's a turnover or out of bounce always. It's extremely perplexing. He is not ready for one handed rebounds or receiving one handed entry passes yet. Although I am probably wrong, from tv he seems like one of those guys that might develop vice-grip death hands that first team all conference players dream of.

Imo Goodine should redshirt if Howard will be healthy the rest of the year. He's not jumping from 2 ppg to 7 in acc play without knocking down a three and a half a game. Washington has a better shot atm. Only reason not to redshirt Goodine is he's our only true in your face guard defender at the moment.

Goodine can't redshirt since he's already played this year.

Goodine can't redshirt since he's already played this year.

Has he played in 10 games? That’s the limit. Braswell has played in 10 games. If he decides to RS, he has to do it this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom