Goodine and Guerrier | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Goodine and Guerrier

Has he played in 10 games? That’s the limit. Braswell has played in 10 games. If he decides to RS, he has to do it this week.

Unless SU can come up with an injury reason, Goodine can't redshirt. The 10 games is only if you can document an injury. Basketball isn't the same as football. Unless there is an injury, once you play in basketball, your redshirt is gone.

My worst fear for quincy is he has a case of the goofies for 2 and a half years before he starts to get it.
Goofy ball is a strange thing for guys who like to run hard. Some end up being fab melo, James Southerland, MCW, Others end up like a paul harris/Chukwu. Others end up being like sean williams, ron patterson, kaleb Joseph, Dashonte riley.

For the first 10 games quincy has shown he can always get a soft prayer up when hit on the wrist, but when someone slaps ball instead, it's a turnover or out of bounce always. It's extremely perplexing. He is not ready for one handed rebounds or receiving one handed entry passes yet. Although I am probably wrong, from tv he seems like one of those guys that might develop vice-grip death hands that first team all conference players dream of.

Imo Goodine should redshirt if Howard will be healthy the rest of the year. He's not jumping from 2 ppg to 7 in acc play without knocking down a three and a half a game. Washington has a better shot atm. Only reason not to redshirt Goodine is he's our only true in your face guard defender at the moment.

It’s not the only reason. Washington is currently fighting an injury. If he’s unavailable, we don’t have a backup guard. Carey isn’t coming back this year, so we need Goodine as a backup.

Unless SU can come up with an injury reason, Goodine can't redshirt. The 10 games is only if you can document an injury. Basketball isn't the same as football. Unless there is an injury, once you play in basketball, your redshirt is gone.

So only Braswell can RS. Got it. Ajak is already redshirting, Carey will take a medical RS and Braswell appears on the way to taking a medical RS. We’re good.

So only Braswell can RS. Got it. Ajak is already redshirting, Carey will take a medical RS and Braswell appears on the way to taking a medical RS. We’re good.
Yeah next year...

Why do want Carey gone? It' not like any of the guards can play lick of defense

Not pushing him out. But he’s done for this year. And if you recall, he lost his job to Girard because his offense wasn’t up to par. You think he’s getting it back after sitting out a year?

Not pushing him out. But he’s done for this year. And if you recall, he lost his job to Girard because his offense wasn’t up to par. You think he’s getting it back after sitting out a year?

I think once he is healed he will beat him out. Girard can score if left open, we know what happens when the D picks up. Cupcake season is over we will see what happens

Last edited:
I think once he is healed he will beat him out. Girard can score if left open, we know what happens when the D picks up. Cupcake season is over we will see what happens

Carey will have to compete with Girard, Richmond and Goodine.

Richmond is better at what Carey does.

As for Goodine:
1. He doesn't seem to have any of the skills needed to play PG.
2. He has regressed a lot since the 2 exhibition games. So whatever they're trying to mold him into isn't working.

Is a medical RS different from a standard RS in terms of qualifying requirements?

Is Carey on a RS this year or he is just on the injury list?

Is a medical RS different from a standard RS in terms of qualifying requirements?

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but the initial thinking was that Carey might come back at some point this season. But JB now seems to be saying he won’t be back. So I assume he’ll get a medical RS.

Carey will have to compete with Girard, Richmond and Goodine.

Richmond is better at what Carey does.

Carey dominated against high schoolers too and was rated much higher. Stop crowning these kids before they get to the college level.

Back to the OT. Goodine can't play. I said this weeks ago. Whatever happens this season happens, but this offseason is crucial to his development. It doesn't help that he's an older freshman. Possibly peaked already.

A redshirt is what JBA is on. The player cannot play in any regular season games and no petition is required.

A medical RS 30% or less of the games can be played in but a petition to the NCAA is required after the season once approved the RS is giving retroactively. They almost never denied to my knowledge.

Carey dominated against high schoolers too and was rated much higher. Stop crowning these kids before they get to the college level.

Back to the OT. Goodine can't play. I said this weeks ago. Whatever happens this season happens, but this offseason is crucial to his development. It doesn't help that he's an older freshman. Possibly peaked already.

I wouldn’t come down too hard on Goodine at this point. He’s adjusting. He’ll be fine with time.

Richmond is rated in the 90's and we should pump the brakes on immediate impact and leap frogging multiple guys freshman year

No question. I’ll be surprised if he leapfrogs anyone. He’s limited as a pure scorer. But I’ve seen him play and he’d add a dimension we don’t currently have — a big, athletic slashing guard.

If Hughes leaves, our SF spot may present some serious issues. Braswell’s injury is one. Is he ready next year? Will Guerrier be ready to play major minutes?

Think about this. Maybe only in limited situations. Buddy at SF, Richmond at PG, Girard at 2G.

Rebounding would be an issue. But just a thought.

Honestly, they looked better earlier in the year.
Now they seem hesitant, unsure, like they just don't belong out there. I'd love to see them play their way out of it. Young players need to get comfortable, and some of ours don't seem to get an even chance. JMHO

No question. I’ll be surprised if he leapfrogs anyone. He’s limited as a pure scorer. But I’ve seen him play and he’d add a dimension we don’t currently have — a big, athletic slashing guard.

If Hughes leaves, our SF spot may present some serious issues. Braswell’s injury is one. Is he ready next year? Will Guerrier be ready to play major minutes?

Think about this. Maybe only in limited situations. Buddy at SF, Richmond at PG, Girard at 2G.

Rebounding would be an issue. But just a thought.
The problem with Kadary is that the stuff he’s good at he only does twice per game. I’m afraid he’s a big tease. Tremendous talent, but intermittent interest in exploiting it. I hope something ‘clicks,’ because he’s got skeeeeels.

The problem with Kadary is that the stuff he’s good at he only does twice per game. I’m afraid he’s a big tease. Tremendous talent, but intermittent interest in exploiting it. I hope something ‘clicks,’ because he’s got skeeeeels.
That is coaching. The coach doesn't want him to ISO-ing every play. They run a lot of sets and as the PG his job is running the offense. If you watch the full game not the compressed one you can see how much better the offense runs when he is on the floor.

Compressed games edit out too much of the action, like missed shots, rebounds, turnovers, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom