Goodine and Guerrier | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Goodine and Guerrier

That is coaching. The coach doesn't want him to ISO-ing every play. They run a lot of sets and as the PG his job is running the offense. If you watch the full game not the compressed one you can see how much better the offense runs when he is on the floor.

Compressed games edit out too much of the action, like missed shots, rebounds, turnovers, etc.
I don’t understand that. I’ve seen a complete game or two of his. Kadary doesn’t dominate the ball or play selfish. It’s just that he’s not assertive on offense, except in infrequent spurts, when he does whatever he wants, effectively. My issue isn’t with the coaching. It’s in a high level recruit that doesn’t contribute more than he does, and isn’t in the game a lot of the time. And frankly that team’s second unit plays with a lot more zzzhoomph. That just doesn’t make sense. I would want any recruit of ours to have much heavier stat lines and to have a more critical role.

But, as I said, he’s got the tools. I just hope the ‘complacency’ and sporadic motor aren’t in his dna. It will be interesting to see who emerges when he gets to Syracuse and has to beat out an established JG3, (hopefully) Carey, and maybe even Goodine for minutes. I guess I’m sorta not expecting Howard to return...

Hey, thanks for finding/posting those videos of him. And for the note about him having the second most minutes on the team.

I don’t understand that. I’ve seen a complete game or two of his. Kadary doesn’t dominate the ball or play selfish. It’s just that he’s not assertive on offense, except in infrequent spurts, when he does whatever he wants, effectively. My issue isn’t with the coaching. It’s in a high level recruit that doesn’t contribute more than he does, and isn’t in the game a lot of the time. And frankly that team’s second unit plays with a lot more zzzhoomph. That just doesn’t make sense. I would want any recruit of ours to have much heavier stat lines and to have a more critical role.

But, as I said, he’s got the tools. I just hope the ‘complacency’ and sporadic motor aren’t in his dna. It will be interesting to see who emerges when he gets to Syracuse and has to beat out an established JG3, (hopefully) Carey, and maybe even Goodine for minutes. I guess I’m sorta not expecting Howard to return...

Hey, thanks for finding/posting those videos of him. And for the note about him having the second most minutes on the team.
They have 8 guys with D1 scholarships. The second unit doesn't move the ball as much it may seem faster but the shots are of lesser quality IMO.

Getting a guy who can drive the ball but doesn't feel the need to drive or over drive the ball is IMO what we need. (See Carey's turnover problems)

We want him to get the shooters the ball and attack when needed.

He doesn't turn it over very often at all. I didn't count his assist but I bet it was over 6 with maybe 2 turnovers.

Last edited:
I see G&G as two kids that need confidence and I think Goodine will be a solid 6th or 7th guy off the bench in time during his Junior and senior years and the Guerrier as picking it up in the middle of his sophomore season. I don't think either will be stars but good role players and if they stay for the 4 years will help this team win some games.

I think some Frosh have a hard time dealing with hard instruction. Most of these kids dominate their prep period and most likely don't get ridden hard. JB is more about throwing thorns than roses, and I think some kids take to that easier than others. Some stay confident and some seem to wilt a little bit. QG doesn't seem to have lost confidence he just doesn't seem to have much game. BG seems like he''s playing on egg shells and worried about screwing up.

Carmelo Anthony
Gerry McNamara
Eric Devendorf
Jonny Flynn
Tyler Ennis
Tyler Lydon
Malachi Richardson
Tyus Battle
Oshae Brissett

Never.
Brissett? He's in your argument?

These 2 are our only 2 subs if we medical RS Braswell.

both expected back practicing early this week
That’s good as we are 7 deep till they come back.
JBA is redshirting.
Carey is out.
Braswell is out if the staff is smart.

That leaves us with 9 and those 2 were out last game.
So I don’t think the 7 will last it’s just what we are at right now.

I guess when I see a list that starts off with Melo, I expect a certain level of consistency throughout. Not someone known as the literal worst finisher at the basket in SU history.
No one else on my list holds a candle to Melo. The list was only addressing a specific point, to which OB qualifies.

i'm thinking that G & G both start at niagara. and yet they're not good enuf to play against them ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom