Class of 2014 - Goodluck okonoboh | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Goodluck okonoboh

Jake, two things:

1) You were pretty hard on cusetown1 when he was stating a few days ago when you two were debating IW. Subsequently in his "just like it's my opinion..." post stated that we had no shot at GL, which seems to be proven true.

2) You said we were right there for GL as of Saturday, I believe. What changed?

I understand recruiting momentum can change on a dime, but you and cusetown1 seemed to differ on our chances with GL and we didn't even make his final five. It would seem to at least partially exonerate cusetown1 (with the TBD portion being IW).

Just looking for clarity.

I appreciate your input and pay side-esque info, but I think it's fair to inquire about this.

I said, we had work to do but were right there. I don't think anything changed per se. We just didn't make the final five. If we had made the cut, we thought we could make up ground...

As others have pointed out, it's not a major loss...we have depth and other options. But we liked his upside.

He tried to commit to West Point today but since they are shut down, nobody picked up the phone. I guess he'll be headed elsewhere!

@TheRecruitScoop: 2014 Wilbraham & Monson (MA) PF Goodluck Okonoboh has verbally committed to UNLV.

As predicted...?

@TheRecruitScoop: 2014 Wilbraham & Monson (MA) PF Goodluck Okonoboh has verbally committed to UNLV.

As predicted...?
Wouldn't have guessed in a million years.
tom-crean-mad.jpg

Goodluck to Goodluck as he heads out west into veritable obscurity. In addition to playing basketball he was in the school band in grade school and played oboe. Word was he was OK on oboe. ~:noidea:

Wouldn't have guessed in a million years.
tom-crean-mad.jpg
Hey maybe the kid wants to major in Hotel Management or hospitality. Personally I love Las Vegas

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Goodluck to Goodluck as he heads out west into veritable obscurity. In addition to playing basketball he was in the school band in grade school and played oboe. Word was he was OK on oboe. ~:noidea:

One of my message board pet peeves is when people who don't even know these kids badmouth their decsisions.

But good point on obscurity. UNLV has hasn't had a player go high in the draft in almost four months.

Kind of a double standard. We love it when and if a 4 star football player chooses SU but are critical of a kids decision to go to a mid major and pass on an opportunity to play bball at 'cuse. I can see a top player looking at SU's depth and not wanting to wait their turn. Some of these kids are thinking that they will only be in college a year or two and want to maximize their playing time and exposure. Sounds like that's what is going on with the guard that played with Ennis last year.

Eh, never was that high on him. I'm tired of very raw wannabe post players.

We recruited Goodluck hard. Crystal ball: Goodluck in, KJ out?

Do we still want him? Didn't exactly light it up at UNLV and shot less than 35% from the FT line... With Chukwu in the mix, I don't know if we really would have interest.

only averaged 4.5 boards in 27 minutes last year but they had a board eater who ate 10 a game.
He had games with 10,7,10,9, 7,7,9 the first 2/3 of the season but the last third 2 5's everything else below.

his highschool highlights had alittle tyler roberson look to him. Averaging only 15 minutes this year though. I am guessing minutes is why hes leaving.

Last edited:
I was never a huge fan of his. However, if the coaches want him and he wants to come here, I would root for the kid. I would prefer to use the scholarships on kids with more potential.

Do we still want him? Didn't exactly light it up at UNLV and shot less than 35% from the FT line... With Chukwu in the mix, I don't know if we really would have interest.
The worst thing is guys who suck from the FT line. Nothing is more annoying. I value my hair these days. Sign guys who can shoot.

Would presumably take Thompson's "spot" if he were to come aboard I would guess.

With the open scholly and not many guys left to sign he very well could end up at the Cuse. Have seen him play live a couple of times and while he doesn't fill the stat sheet he is a bigger more athletic BMK.

Not sure if he'd come here if he's looking for minutes but arguably had a better freshman year than our current transfer.

Can't imagine that Jb wouldn't put feelers out. DC will be gone by the time Goodluck would be able to play.

I think I would stay away from him...something's off about a kid who would transfer mid semester only six games into the season.

Is he eligible any earlier because he gets out with a full semester to go this year?

In any case I don't think we can waste a scholarship next year on a guy that has to sit and has no chance to help the team. Worked out this year with Chukwu because he was a late addition, not sure it works when you have high school seniors and others that can come in right away and play still in play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom