Class of 2014 - Goodluck okonoboh | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Goodluck okonoboh

Check out Amare's high school highlights. Goodluck must not know who he really models his game after.

that actually made me feel bad for Amare. It shows you just how hard he worked at his game to become one of the best scoring PF's in the NBA before injuries derailed his career. Just by looking at that film you would think Goodluck is Amare reincarnated. It also shows you just how dominant Goodluck could be since that competition Amare was going up against is no where near the level GO plays against, and still dominates defensively.

Adam Finkelstein@FinkelsteinNERR 2m
BREAKING - ESPN 100 big man Goodluck Okonoboh has cut his list to Florida, Duke, Indiana, Ohio St, & UNLV (in no particular order)
Retweeted by Goodluck Okonoboh

Okie Dokie.

I know he's been exposed a little bit, but it says a lot about where SU is on the recruiting trail that the Orange don't have room for him.

And on to 2015 we go...

Jake thanks for all the updates. Any concern in your mind about the Center position for next year? With Keita gone and with DC/Rak being unknowns to return especially Rak if they have good years any concerns in your mind that we could have limited depth there?

Gee, guess we really weren't right in on Goodluck. Good... although would still rather see him at UNLV.

Not to disrespect GL (he's headed elsewhere anyway)... but where was he going to get PT here? He's a '14 recruit, good SB, etc... but at 6'8 - 6'9 ... likely a PF size at SU.

Next year at PF, Rak returns as a senior, Grant is a junior. And we have CM, a monster 6'10 shotblocker coming in.

Center's also loaded ... with DC2 (probably) returning, and a good prospect, Obokoh, in his second year at 6'10".

There's no room.

Not to disrespect GL (he's headed elsewhere anyway)... but where was he going to get PT here? He's a '14 recruit, good SB, etc... but at 6'8 - 6'9 ... likely a PF size at SU. But given our existing/committed frontline personel ... it doesn't surprise me that SU was eliminated.

At PF (absent an NBA defection), Rak comes back for his senior year and Grant for his junior. And we have CM, a 6'10 shotblocker, coming in next season. This makes it irrelevant whether Rak returns or not. This doesn't look like an ideal situation for someone with plenty of other programs offering that have front line spots open.

At center, which may be a stretch for a player GL's size, Keita will have graduated. Again, absent an improbable NBA defection, DC2 returns. And Obokoh - at 6'10"- will be a sophomore (or RSF) backing up DC2. Obokoh is thin and needs time. But he'll have a year in the system. And don't sleep on his abilities ... there's a reason the staff brought him in.

So ... GL? Really?

Agree with this logic. I also didn't think there was truly room for him. He's still raw anyways, imo. I'm tired of those guys.

And on to 2015 we go...

Jake, two things:

1) You were pretty hard on cusetown1 when he was stating a few days ago when you two were debating IW. Subsequently in his "just like it's my opinion..." post stated that we had no shot at GL, which seems to be proven true.

2) You said we were right there for GL as of Saturday, I believe. What changed?

I understand recruiting momentum can change on a dime, but you and cusetown1 seemed to differ on our chances with GL and we didn't even make his final five. It would seem to at least partially exonerate cusetown1 (with the TBD portion being IW).

Just looking for clarity.

I appreciate your input and pay side-esque info, but I think it's fair to inquire about this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom